Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

D_Smart posted:

And there is no loving way that they're dumb enough to use company money, especially not to that amount, to fund external activities that have no bearing on the company's goal of building two games for which they were funded.

trucutru posted:

I bought E:D two years ago, when it was on discount. After learning how to park my space minivan and doing a few delivery and combat missions, I decided to transport some slaves or something to a system a few jumps away, so I plotted a course, realized it would take like 20 minutes to arrive to my destination and said "gently caress this dumb poo poo!".

I am also the top poster in the Puzzle & Dragons thread and I consider E:D to be a waste of time. Yeah.

:iceburn: :vince::iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Not sure this has been posted, but it is worth a click.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/9676-42-Citizens-Vol-1-Versecon-2017

I think this might be my favorite:

edit: also like gas mask guy and iphone guy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not sure this has been posted, but it is worth a click.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/9676-42-Citizens-Vol-1-Versecon-2017

I think this might be my favorite:

edit: also like gas mask guy and iphone guy.

Didn't know they were making a new Pikmin game, cool!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

His lack of eye contact is amazing.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Golli posted:

What's the connection between CubicMotion and CIG, aside from the CIG CFO (Simon Elms) being on their advisory board and having this image prominently featured?

I totally called it.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Deerk getting pissy at theAgent?

Must be Tuesday again.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

As so often with these citizen tweets, I just can't help asking myself if they understand what they're actually saying and how insanely negative their apparent cheering really is, or if they think that their most recent comparison is somehow positive in some fantasy universe.

He's probably looking up beanie babies to see what happened with that whole craze.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol, game's been in dev long enough that peoples' commemorative merch is falling apart. (Yes, I know it's a lovely Chinese product that was probably falling apart the day he got it, but drat if that isn't Star Citizen in a nutshell)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

lol, game's been in dev long enough that peoples' commemorative merch is falling apart. (Yes, I know it's a lovely Chinese product that was probably falling apart the day he got it, but drat if that isn't Star Citizen in a nutshell)

Must've been a Sandi product

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just skipped over it after the first two lines because that poo poo is just the same crap re written over and over into run on paragraphs of drool.

The Agent 5 - Derek Smart 0.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Lladre posted:

The Agent 5 - Derek Smart 0.

Erin Roberts: 42

Cigarettes per Day

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Ben Lesnick: 42

Donuts per Day

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Sandra Roberts: 42

Cut from Production

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Chris Roberts: 42

Handwaves per Minute

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Derek Smart: 42

Lines of Text per Post

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Namaste everyone.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

so for all this to be true, chris roberts would have to be repeating his mistakes

nsfw

https://twitter.com/CPFC_BW/status/899383298602016768

AP fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 7, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Combat Theory posted:

Gary Oldman: -42

So much respect lost for Gary :parp:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Combat Theory posted:

Erin Roberts: 42

stone weight

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Nice trailer park. This must be one of the millionaire citizens who can afford to throw away money on game development.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MilesK posted:

Nice trailer park. This must be one of the millionaire citizens who can afford to throw away money on game development.

They are clearly on a train or tram...

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They are clearly on a train or tram...

dammit, you're probably right :(

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

When you keep flooding people with bullshit, eventually they become de-sensitized to it.

:ironicat:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AbstractNapper posted:

It's not charisma, though. He is now actively building on every marketing trick he can think of to further his scam (Yes, it's a definitely scam by now. It's no longer in the "but maybe he believes it's going to happen" innocent territory.

The man is riding a wave of fortunate coincidences and hopes of PC gamers who haven't learned anything from the PC Game (and all the surrounding ecosystem) market from the last decade (to say the least) nor learned anything from the crowdfunding myths and schemes again of the last decade.

People still believing the tired "No publishers! We are free to make the game of your dreams" is not a testament to any charisma Crobblz has. It's a testament to how gullible people can be. And it proves that there are opportunities in this industry to take advantage of stupid people for years without actually producing anything.

I can understand if at some point people in the past (around the Double Fine adventure game Kickstarter) were willing to believe that, but we are way past that point. At least a dozen of "Kickstarter successes" but "end product failures" cases past that point.

But yeah, of course it takes effort to be a scam artist. Not anyone can do it successfully. And with such visibility, it must require a lot of hard work on double talking, coming up with ideas for impressive fake demos and maintaining the balance between inexplicably remaining in a pre-alpha for years and having (most) backers be ok with it.

Same team. But it's charisma. The number one trait that con artists share is they have a natural charm. Doesn't work on everyone, which is why the number two trait that con artists share is how to spot a mark.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

THIS POST LOOKS LIKE A CLOWN ABOUT TO BE BLOCKED! :owned:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

MedicineHut posted:

First it was SC being the BDSSE, then Elite is shite, now Ortwin is a Master including ironclad ToS.

Is there no end to the bullshit?

Have you been following Star Citizen? All signs suggest no.

Elite is hot liquid shite.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toops posted:

Have you tried playing a good game?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

Shirley you jest? Unless they've changed the definition of what a "leader" is.

I'm not saying he's a good leader. But last I checked a leader is defined as a person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
toops, when you start to take star citizen as seriously as derek smart, you might need to sit back, have a drink and some weed, and just relax

this isnt a jesse pinkman "He can't keep getting away with it!" moment

its just a dumb spacegame dude :)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

toops, when you start to take star citizen as seriously as derek smart, you might need to sit back, have a drink and some weed, and just relax

Please refactor your posts to include more LovePledge, tia

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
unfortunately I'm getting surgery next week (nothin serious) so love pledge has gone on the back burner until december

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Love pledge....

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Oh really? Please cite where you posted that and when. Here, I'll go first. :colbert:
here ya go, this was from Jan 4th, 2017

TheAgent posted:

• expect 3.0 features in 2018 at the minimum
its nice it took you 5 months to catch up tho

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

I am posting in a zenlike state. Just get you some pancakes and enjoy the meltdown, I'll get bored of it soon.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

I am posting in a zenlike state. Just get you some pancakes and enjoy the meltdown, I'll get bored of it soon.
zendowns are the best

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

here ya go, this was from Jan 4th, 2017

BLOCKED! CLOWN! :owned:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

derek be the better man and respond with just a lol

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

"Well, CIG originally promised to create a professional motion capture studio. Now they are doing full CGI work for movies. Clearly this is all part of the original pitch, plus expanded scope! You're getting more company than what you paid for, for free!"
:goonsay:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Toops posted:

Plebeyan is awesome though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also now my gal has gotten into hearthstone and I fear my plans of saving $1,000/m to put in a deck/hottub is going to die so she can buy hearthstone cards

(and the new diablo season starts in 2 days, if anyone wants to play)