Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

Shut your whore mouth and don't ruin my dreams. :colbert:

I wanted them to win it so bad but the last two LeMans I've come to terms that it will never happen even in a class that consists of one car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I'm sure Fernando's history of picking the right team at the right time will pay off again

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

I'm sure Fernando's history of picking the right team at the right time will pay off again

Maybe it will actually work this time because Toyota are destined to gently caress things up horribly.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alonso enters 24 Hours of Le Mans -> For the first time ever a LMP2 car wins outright instead of just "almost"

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Isn't WEC only 2 manufacturers? Alonso is going to curse Toyota so hard they are going to rage quit another series only to never ever return. Once Toyota is down what is left for WEC? Alonso is the anti christ of racing and is going to kill the entire LMP1 class.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Porsche left so it's just Toyota and a bunch of kit car makers basically.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BubbaGrace posted:

Isn't WEC only 2 manufacturers? Alonso is going to curse Toyota so hard they are going to rage quit another series only to never ever return. Once Toyota is down what is left for WEC? Alonso is the anti christ of racing and is going to kill the entire LMP1 class.

LMP1 is literally just Toyota and the whole super season thing is a giant jerk off giving Toyota two Lemans wins just to make them stay.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I didn't even know Porsche left. By the way does this mean he is going to miss 2 race weekends in 2018? I am not sure if the Daytona 24 or Le Mans coincide with an F1 weekend. Knowing his luck they will and the McLaren will be super competitive next year. He will lose the WDC because he had to skip 2 races riding bikes in another series.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 7, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BubbaGrace posted:

I didn't even know Porsche left. By the way does this mean he is going to miss 2 race weekends in 2018? I am not sure if the Daytona 24 or Le Mans coincide with an F1 weekend. Knowing his luck they will and the McLaren will be super competitive next year. He will lose the WDC because he had to skip 2 races riding bikes in another series.

The Cayenne.

No really, it was part of the whole dieselgate thing which killed yet another Le Mans car.

So yes, the Cayenne is responsible for killing two Porsche sports car entries.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

I thought he wanted to win Le Mans. Why is he visiting Toyota???

Hes addicted to cars that break down

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

The Cayenne.

No really, it was part of the whole dieselgate thing which killed yet another Le Mans car.

So yes, the Cayenne is responsible for killing two Porsche sports car entries.

It gave us so much, yet took away almost everything :smith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando is going to make mid 00s Toyota Corollas sexy as gently caress again.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

It's lovely whether it's 3 or 16, but it's still peanuts and not actually criminal

Well, it might actually be.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Theophany posted:

“He was able to win in the junior categories before moving into F1,” Alonso said. “He already had trophies and championships in his pocket coming and arrived in F1 in every single season performing very competitively apart from one or two with Jenson when he had some issues there.
“Lewis is one of the champions who has been able to win with a dominant car, like the last three years, with a good car, like in 2010 or 2012, and with bad cars like 2009 or 2011. Not all the champions can say that.”

And these quotes are from the same Alonso who couldn't stand Hamilton in 2007 during their pairing at McLaren, with Alonso being the reigning WDC. Alonso still couldn't stand Hamilton about 5 years after 2007, but finally came to realize that champions race to win not to play second fiddle to other drivers. Can you asked Verstapen today to play second fiddle to even Lewis Hamilton? Then you will be preaching in the desert.
To be fair; The 2009 car was really bad in the first half of the season until they finally sorted it out midseason. If I recall he scored the most points in the 2nd half of the season? I know that Brawn slowing down on development helped things, but the Red Bull was still there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Nando is going to make mid 00s Toyota Corollas sexy as gently caress again.

Not going to lie, I prefer that generation myself.

I wonder why.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Not going to lie, I prefer that generation myself.

I wonder why.

Cuz Nando's bringing sexy back

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeLM8EUw30

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cars being able to closely follow someone for multiple laps sure is weird to see.

Bring back Imola btw

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Everybody knows Lewis loves Britain and pays more taxes than he deserves. It's just that he probably can't bear the thought of the EU unfairly stealing our NHS money so he puts himself in legal risk for his principles. What a hero. It's the same reason why I also don't pay taxes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I miss old Supras

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Okay so I'm watching some guys DIY'ing their maintenance on Ducatis on YouTube and holy loving christ maybe I won't buy one of these cause :psyboom:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I miss old Supras

My buddy has a Mk4 with a single turbo conversion. Previous owner had it set up as his weekend track toy for Circuit of the Americas (some Dell Exec) and it currently makes 650 wheel on race gas. Things an absolute ANIMAL

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Okay so I'm watching some guys DIY'ing their maintenance on Ducatis on YouTube and holy loving christ maybe I won't buy one of these cause :psyboom:

Don't. I like your posts and don't want to look at Canadian Coroner's records when you inevitably stop posting cuz you died on a crotch rocket

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Don't. I like your posts and don't want to look at Canadian Coroner's records when you inevitably stop posting cuz you died on a crotch rocket

Next year is the year of the bike friend.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GramCracker posted:

My buddy has a Mk4 with a single turbo conversion. Previous owner had it set up as his weekend track toy for Circuit of the Americas (some Dell Exec) and it currently makes 650 wheel on race gas. Things an absolute ANIMAL

Single Turbo track toy? I realize that would be good for power but wouldn't twins be more suitable for circuit racing?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

We had a 2012 Ducati MTS 1200, (got murdered by a BMW which didn’t stop at a junction in 2016). I’m having visions of a bloke stood staring at it, spanner in hand going “how hard can it be?

Helpful bit. Pre-1986 Ducati gearboxes were made from paper and hope.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Next year is the year of the bike friend.

Say hi to El Hefe for us

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I drove a car with a chassis design from the 1970s that I legitimately could not fit into and had no rear brakes for atleast two years. Just lol at the idea that I'm gonna die on a bike.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I drove a car with a chassis design from the 1970s that I legitimately could not fit into and had no rear brakes for atleast two years. Just lol at the idea that I'm gonna die on a bike.

I'm going to pay to get this put on your head stone

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I'm going to pay to get this put on your head stone

Thanks friend :cheers:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The problem I’m having is that “bike” in this context means sweet gently caress all to other bikers. What CC for a start?

Useful bit: Please please don’t get Pirelli if you live anywhere that might get cold, especially in the morning, they simply don’t switch on fast enough. Go with Michelin.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's Canadian of course it's cold

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

Single Turbo track toy? I realize that would be good for power but wouldn't twins be more suitable for circuit racing?

Honestly, probably yeah - the spool would be a lot lower in the power band and it would also make power way more linear. Makes sense for COTA given it's more high speed though. I actually found a YT vid of the old owner ripping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EXRfN7NroM

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

The problem I’m having is that “bike” in this context means sweet gently caress all to other bikers. What CC for a start?

Useful bit: Please please don’t get Pirelli if you live anywhere that might get cold, especially in the morning, they simply don’t switch on fast enough. Go with Michelin.

The ones I primarily were looking at were the 748s so 750cc 100hp. Just gotta be a tiny bit gentle for the first year or so lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m assuming you have experience on a bike, if you don’t then consider knocking that idea on the head and going for a 400cc lightweight naked Japanese bike for your first year. If you have experience then carry on. :)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've not no experience whatsoever on a bike but I'm also not some retarded teen obsessed with how fast I can go or trying to prove a point on the street.

I was gonna get a Grom till I saw one in person and realised there was no loving way I would be able to comfortably ride one.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just take up smoking it is probably actually cheaper

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

it's not cheaper

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I can totally imagine 1500quids smoking reviews :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I smoked for like five years and was up to a pack a day and quit.

Y'all are a bunch of big babbies scared of a little motorcycle

• Locked thread