Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kimbo305 posted:

If only Fatherdog were here to do a venomous top-to-bottom quote-by-quote post analysis.

This, but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

If I ever die in a horrible accident I'm leaving a will that says bundt becomes PSP mod

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CommonShore posted:

This, but unironically.

Same, actually. I need the truth.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
We'll settle this like we settle all PSP disputes.....in the octagon.....naked. First one to cum loses.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If only mm would take the fight we could find out how it will go

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

If only mm would take the fight we could find out how it will go

Dude just creamed a wrestling gold medalist, an alpha male gold medalist, and a sambo gold medalist.... I think he's got what it takes to keep turning down fights

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:thunk:

:frogon:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Attention admins

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

It's still easy to just watch the PPVs with people you know on them, you don't have to watch fight nights headlined by Artem Lobov

Yea it's just that as I was slowly watching less and less UFC it seemed to me that even the big cards were lacking compelling/big fights. Like most big cards have about two very interesting matchups whereas before you'd have about five, and most likely, more than that. It becomes less and less desirable to block out time on the weekend to watch Mousasi Weidman or whatever when the rest of the card sucks, i can't sell my casual mma watching fans on it, and I'm busy with life on the weekends.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Don’t think an anti logic mod who denies Fedor Primacy is appropriate for this or any other forum.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

Yea it's just that as I was slowly watching less and less UFC it seemed to me that even the big cards were lacking compelling/big fights. Like most big cards have about two very interesting matchups whereas before you'd have about five, and most likely, more than that. It becomes less and less desirable to block out time on the weekend to watch Mousasi Weidman or whatever when the rest of the card sucks, i can't sell my casual mma watching fans on it, and I'm busy with life on the weekends.

I think the big PPVs have been better than ever the past year or two they stack them so that there's even guys I've heard of and care about on the pre prelims. The difference is there's more fighters so it's harder to keep track of the decent midranked guys.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Mighty Mouse has the record now. Unless they give him an insulting lowball I think he'll do it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mighty Mouse should say he'll fight Dillashaw, not ask for more money on the contract but say he'll only do it if he's the next Conor PPV co-main.

That way he doesn't have to fight Dillashaw :v:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
are they talking 125 or 135

if its 125 lmao at holding the 135 belt up directly after re-claiming it, i doubt anyone will care if the 125 belt sits for a minute

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah fighters who aren't already popular never have good fights. It's just the truth.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SquirrelGrip posted:

are they talking 125 or 135

if its 125 lmao at holding the 135 belt up directly after re-claiming it, i doubt anyone will care if the 125 belt sits for a minute

Pretty sure TJ said he wanted it to be for the 125 belt.

And gently caress it, he could still defend the 135 belt quicker than Cody did, nearly 11 months later.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Quit cryin about amazing match ups

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skip My Posts posted:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

It's cool and good if it happens and nobody gets dicked around with anyone missing weight.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It's a cool matchup but it should happen at 135 if anything, I feel MM has earned a shot at being a two division champ more than Dillashaw has

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope they just go with whatever weight they both thing they can fight most comfortably at

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

chaleski posted:

It's a cool matchup but it should happen at 135 if anything, I feel MM has earned a shot at being a two division champ more than Dillashaw has

He’s too afraid to move up. He wants tj to have to cut

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Can we confront the potential hilarity that is Andrei Arlovski maybe getting knocked out this weekend by a man named Junior Baby?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

El Roncho posted:

Can we confront the potential hilarity that is Andrei Arlovski maybe getting knocked out this weekend by a man named Junior Baby?

Arvloski is one of the last of his era still competing at the UFC level. Is this going to be a retirement fight?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

Arvloski is one of the last of his era still competing at the UFC level. Is this going to be a retirement fight?

hes been washed up for longer than he was good

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Baby Junior might be a loving killer

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress, Arlovski is on a five-fight skid including 3 KOs.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

gently caress, Arlovski is on a five-fight skid including 3 KOs.

He's been there before. At least this time it's people like Stipe Miocic and not Brett Rogers

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

He's been there before. At least this time it's people like Stipe Miocic and not Brett Rogers

So will this mark his glorious ascent to nearly getting to fight for the belt, again?

I love old Arvloski but Jesus that guy can't have a life expectancy past fifty.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
he has to pay for the years he took off cabbages life breaking his skull while joe rogan complains about the stoppage. rewatched it cuz its my fondest arlovski memory, watching his laser punches. He pretty much headhunts the whole time but it looks vitor like, and at hw it was kind of amazing for the time.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

My personal favorite was the Buentello fight. At most angles it looks like he just hunches forward and then Buentello flops across his back knocked the gently caress out. The crowd erupts in boos while Buentello protests the stoppage despite struggling to maintain his balance.

Then the replay shows Arlovski landing a lightning overhand right and the crowd goes from boos to cheers. Classic.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

JaySB posted:

Wonderboy vs Darren Till is extremely my poo poo.

Quoting this because it's going to happen.
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/darren-till-vs-stephen-thompson-ufc-england-dana-white

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

:bisonyes:

I like Wonderboy but it might be better for him to lose this one since he’s not getting anywhere near the title while Woodley’s still champ. Good on him for taking on a dangerous prospect, though.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Wonderboy kos pressure fighters but Darren is loving colossal and good so who knows but I I'll watch the Christ out of it

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Yeah, I think the reach is gonna have Wonderboy on the run more than usual against a pressure fighter.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Wonderboy is basically tiny Machida. Never let him fight someone who isn't just straight up going for a bumrush.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
There's an actual tiny Machida, Wonderboy is his own long pants style thing

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
till is huge for WW but so is wonderboy. wonderboy has shown five rounds of gas, but I'm hesitant to say Till is gonna have it with how much weight he cuts. cool rear end fight

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

I'm excited that thr UFC is finally coming to St Louis but its a Sunday Fight Night so it is probably gon a be a real bad card.

Don't they usually load up the Sunday cards cause they're on Fox right after football? McGregor/Siver headlined one a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Who do you guys think is getting the next title shot at welterweight? Seems like there's a lot of directions they could go in

• Locked thread