Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Glad they always put Zouks on the Andy Daly eps to cancel out any potential for comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Maan the backlash against Zouks on the Andy Daly eps is intense. I remember saying i was kind of tired him derailing/forcing stuff a year or two ago but now I've come around on it and think the bit is funny. Kind of like the SIlent Bob stepping on a rake thing, first you chuckle, then you get kind of annoyed, then it's hilarious (see also the Everest sketch on Mr. Show)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if Scott wrote that sketch, I’m not sure if there’s a breakdown anywhere.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

sideshow

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
In general I'm not a huge fan of the consistent pairings like PFT/Bobby, PFT/Gillian, or Jason/Daly. All these people are great lets mix it up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, they could really mix it up more for some guests. Ben Schwartz is fun with Horatio and I guess solo, but I want to see him and Bob Ducca interact, or anyone but Jason and Don Dimello.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Scott has a weird thing of 'well people liked this last time, let's do it again exactly the same' and then you end up with like time bobby 12

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I'm incredibly tired of PFT/Bobby, because Scott always pushes it back to Fourvel, and the "ZIIIIP!" mask remove joke was fine one time.

I think a big part of it comes from the guests getting to pick which comedians they're on with. They get a choice, and then it comes down to scheduling. Bobby probably just asks for PFT, who's happy to do it.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

The Daly/Gabrus episode with August Lindt and the Daly/Ming one with Neptuna were my favorite episodes of the last couple years so it just sucks that they came back to this stale pairing (especially since Andy's not even on that often anymore). Also, it feels like Scott and Jason used to bullshit around for like 20 minutes and then get into it but this time they went for 45 minutes...

Plus this comes two weeks after they somehow managed to ruin Victor and Tiny and Jess McKenna by putting them together with two of the most boring people on the planet. Just makes you appreciate more when they get the chemistry right I guess.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unmerciful posted:

Plus this comes two weeks after they somehow managed to ruin Victor and Tiny and Jess McKenna by putting them together with two of the most boring people on the planet. Just makes you appreciate more when they get the chemistry right I guess.

I don't think you can ruin Victor and Tiny because they carry themselves...I mean their first episode was with Mike Birbiglia as guest, and that guy is like listening to paint dry (Intern Gino was there too, I guess, but I didn't remember him at all until I looked it up.)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
For a long time i thought i liked birbiglia but then i figured out i was just remembering tiny burble his name.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Aah Doont go tah da strip club ta fookin laugh!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Haha drat. That’s what I meant.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

For a long time i thought i liked birbiglia but then i figured out i was just remembering tiny burble his name.

Exactly.

Birbiglia CBB Appearance Rundown:
- Grouses about how his appearance 7 years ago was on an episode that was eventually titled "Farting gently caress Faces"
- Gives broad overview of his current touring act/recorded special
- Contributes absolutely nothing for an hour
- Is not funny!
- Plugs current touring act/recorded special

A local performing arts venue started plugging his new tour appearance in their weekly email newsletter over the summer - every week, I saw it and thought "Oh boy, this means just 2 or 3 months until I can hear this guy's story about 'I told my Dad to listen to the show...you called it Farting Face Fuckers' for the 4th time."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Was watching Parks & Rec (season 5, episode 20), saw Harris :unsmith:

In case you haven't seen the show, he held the record for most jizz in a cup at the sperm bank

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

In case you haven't seen the show, he held the record for most jizz in a cup at the sperm bank

His bit at the town meeting about a park for topless chicks (while he wears a Phish shirt) is one of my favorite moments of the show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

His bit at the town meeting about a park for topless chicks (while he wears a Phish shirt) is one of my favorite moments of the show.

Uh, I'd like to talk more about this topless park idea that a...local hero brought up yesterday.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

GobiasIndustries posted:

I haven't watched in awhile, but I thought it was most frequent donator. Maybe I missed the joke? Also, only just realized that it says "current champion" under it, which makes either joke so much funnier.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Franchescanado posted:

I think he wears a different Phish shirt at every town meeting in P&R

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scientology had harris killed

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If Harris had given in to Scientology he would probably be alive today. Messed up to think about but 100% true.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

If Harris had given in to Scientology he would probably be alive today. Messed up to think about but 100% true.

lol

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

greetings gumshoes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Law O Ver Everything

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Man I love Chief.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Bone Queef and Chief are funnier than any Andy Daly appearance in the last couple years. Sorry.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You should have a nighttime talk show called the Early Show. Has anyone pitched this to you yet?

Yes.

A 9 year old.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Chief is amazing because no one there seems to get it enough to expand the character, and the character is so so sweaty.
The first appearance was the best because the chief gets to bounce off so many people.
Agreed that the show needs new combinations to make things happen. I would be fine not pairing chief with bone queef (as those characters.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Work Friend Keven posted:

You should have a nighttime talk show called the Early Show. Has anyone pitched this to you yet?

Yes.

A 9 year old.

That line killed me. Amazing comeback.

Also: combine Chief with those two mystery kids. I'm sure together they'll find Carmen Sandiego.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

That line killed me. Amazing comeback.

Also: combine Chief with those two mystery kids. I'm sure together they'll find Carmen Sandiego.

I mean, Lapkus and Gabrus for sure know who Chief is, at least.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The other mystery kid is Thomas Middleditch

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The other mystery kid is Thomas Middleditch

I know that, and should have clarified. I mentioned Gabrus since he's doing the 90's TV show podcast with Lapkus. Middleditch would also know, though, and probably Kumail.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Did you hear that gun cock? Did you like it? What did you think about it?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That was a lot of dog clit talk.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked the opening segment with just Rob. The rest of the episode was a bit hard to get through.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the British comedian author character thing was an accurate parody but not that funny

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Is Scott still doing the "I have a friend who's a side-by-side" reference whenever someone says that phrase? I've been listening to some older episodes and I've really grown to hate it, it never leads to anything funny or interesting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i always like when something comes up that leads scott to reference a character that was once on the show, then realize that no one in the room listens to his show that much or knows what he's talking about.

or, even better, someone is in the room who was there for it and has no idea. this happened many times with mantzoukas and side by sides.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

cams posted:

i always like when something comes up that leads scott to reference a character that was once on the show, then realize that no one in the room listens to his show that much or knows what he's talking about.

The best part about these ones is that he always says it like he's about to make a good joke. But instead it's a very specific reference to a previous episode that isn't funny without context, and really isn't worth bringing up with context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

SpacePig posted:

The best part about these ones is that he always says it like he's about to make a good joke. But instead it's a very specific reference to a previous episode that isn't funny without context, and really isn't worth bringing up with context.

But it comes back round to being funny to me, because it's a shout-out to the nerds who update this poo poo in their personal wikis.