Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

siscon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes that's always the one

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, gently caress that guy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he has cool magic

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

THE BEST PART OF THE EPISODE WAS WHEN THEY CUT TO THR CHURCH FOR NO REASON. EVEN WHEN WE'RE SO CLOSE TO ACTUALLY STARTING THE STORY WE GOTTA STICK TO OUR FILLER ROOTS.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

well ok plodding anime you get another shot. next episode better have the scene where fire baseball guy hits homeruns at asta

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I feel like I got some sort of wishing on a monkey's paw deal on this anime, because when I read the manga I always hoped the anime would add just a little bit of filler. One of my complaints about the manga was that the pacing was so fast it didn't give me any time to build an interest in any of the characters.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dragonatrix posted:

The one bit of info we got about the Black Bulls is not a good sign for the quality going forward. So, the Black Bulls are just wholesale the Fairy Tail guild, huh? When you're taking ideas from Fairy Tail, though... that's a pretty worrying sign.

Like I said earlier. This series is just Fairy Tail with less fanservice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Angry Grimace posted:

Like I said earlier. This series is just Fairy Tail with less fanservice.

I find it better then Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail did have a decent premise anyway just poor execution.

I find it and it's characters different enough as well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

khy posted:

siscon?

No its goth mime

its not goth mime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i enjoyed how yuno gets owned by having the least interesting fight in the entire episode, despite his power

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good, Now things will truly start getting to the good poo poo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Watching scooterdick get owned a second time was great

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No its goth mime

its not goth mime

Goth mime will turn out to be an incredible character. Someday. Maybe. IT COULD HAPPEN OKAY.

dogsicle posted:

i enjoyed how yuno gets owned by having the least interesting fight in the entire episode, despite his power

And since he's in another squad (minor spoiler) now he gets to be shelved for a while, while we get to meet and greet with the REAL good characters of the show : The Black Bulls.

khy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 1, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

the lazy rear end screen shake for the whole thing was a good lol

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I am pleased that the series is seemingly done with the bullshit, and finally made it to the Bull poo poo. I may start watching again after bailing on the second episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
THAT WASN'T AS BAD AS I EXPECTED

I LOOK FORWARD TO ENJOYING THE ADVENTURES OF SHOUTY-BOY ASTA AND THE BLACK BULLS

gently caress Fairy Tail forever. gently caress it in its stupid, fanservice-overdosed face. It's like they took that one Gintama episode where Tae suggests how to boost Gintama ratings by combining Dragon Ball, Bleach and One Piece in one horrible, ill-advised mish-mash.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

You tend to be a bit hydrochloric when you denounce a lot of things but I think fairy tail was, okay

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

You tend to be a bit hydrochloric when you denounce a lot of things but I think fairy tail was, okay

I tried to stick with it but by the time I reached the timeskip I realized I just wasn't enjoying it and was mostly bored, so I dropped it. I can't put my finger on exactly WHY I lost interest.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I literally do not remember about 90% of Fairy Tail

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

I literally do not remember about 90% of Fairy Tail

:same:, but i still read it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

:crossarms:

Was not expecting a chem reference in an anime sub-forum. Well played.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Pyf hazardous chemistry is a fun thread to read even without the academic background. Unlike the last third of Fairy Tail, give or take. Started off generic but fun, and did fine like that until it ultimately collapsed under the author’s inability to add anything to the formula, buried alive under the dozens of NPCs and nigh identical fights congealed into an undifferentiated mass and smothering what life remained.

I remain moderately hopeful for Black BullClover so far. 50 eps would put the natural ending around the sea temple arc I think? Be a good spot to go out on if that’s all we get.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

:crossarms:

Was not expecting a chem reference in an anime sub-forum. Well played.

Please read Dr. Stone, it's one of the best new series to pop up in Jump.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

rodney mullenkamp posted:

Please read Dr. Stone, it's one of the best new series to pop up in Jump.

Far out! That looks extremely fun, not too mention :frogc00l: I'll give it a try!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Feels like it's good to mention that this motherfucker shouts too much, and it's not even for like a parody reason, meaning they thought it was a good idea.

It isn't.

This is just tailor made to destroy the voice actor's throat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the thing is, the black bulls aren't really known for causing mass destruction. they are known as being incompetent troublemakers. heck, giant, catastrophic destructive magic is sometimes presented as a point of pride for the more elite magic knights because it is only possible due to their innate magical capacity.

you know that part in pokemon s&m where team skull try and fail to steal a bus stop sign

that's the black bulls

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel like Asta's voice has gotten much less annoying in recent episodes. I heard his Dub voice is also less shouty.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Supposedly the English voice actress for Excel from Excel Saga seriously hurt her throat trying to duplicate Kotono Mistuishi's pitch and intensity. I'd imagine the staff in charge of dubbing try to reign things in a little to avoid that happening again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I feel like Asta's voice has gotten much less annoying in recent episodes. I heard his Dub voice is also less shouty.

I just watched the first episode dubbed and the dub voices are all pretty good. I'm probably just going to wait a few weeks and watch that as it comes out instead

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad that, as of late, Jun'ichi Suwabe seems to get cast as older dudes more and more, because his voice for Yami was basically perfect.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The new episode was actually really fun.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I would hope it'd be hard for even Studio Pierrot to find a way to ruin Magna and Luck.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It was fun, but i really don't like the stock music they use for the dumb happy scenes.

Also charmie was great.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
they're really stretching this poo poo out aren't they.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A good episode because the Bulls are what make this story excellent. Asta's OK but really the rest of the team are the fun characters. Magna and Luck especially.

Also the Anime makes Gosche seem less creepy thus far, which is good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gosche comes across like Maes Hughes talking about his daughter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if they change it so that he doesn't lust after his sister

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The bloody nose says they won't.

They might make it ... more subtle, though.
Kids show and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Gauche is really bad in the manga. Literally the worst. The siscon thing is bad enough, and then you learn she's - at this point in the story - 9 years old. And I'd hope any good adaption would remove that, but then if you do... Gauche kinda has no personality.

• Locked thread