Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I think I used a compoundeyes boy to find my razor claw jangmo-o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

get something with frisk, and use that to chain. I used an alolan exeggutor, but something bulkier might be better? A Wiggleytuff, maybe? do Hakamo-o know Sky Uppercut? I'm not sure how learnsets work with moves learned on evolution. I just know that work up was getting to be an issue when I was chaining

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Mildly disappointed in how naganadel looks, but hey, he's still a definite must for my team! I'll name mine Ridley.

Also why'd they go and make him a dragon? He could have been the Tapu slayer!

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 8, 2017

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Maybe i'll just use eviolite adhesive

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Ignite Memories posted:

Maybe i'll just use eviolite adhesive

I wonder what his move pool will be like

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Is there a full list of the move tutor stuff up yet or just those highlights from a few pages ago?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a national pokedex to finish!!!!

no lol

e:

Blaine the Train posted:

Is there a full list of the move tutor stuff up yet or just those highlights from a few pages ago?

i think this is what you're looking for?

Quotey fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 8, 2017

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Quotey posted:

no lol

e:

There's the Bounce tutor for Gyarados I needed!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Quotey posted:

no lol

e:

Kingler finally gets a goddamn 100% accurate physical water move.

Also looks like the only Gen VII tutor moves are Liquidation, Stomping Tantrum, Laser Focus (lol) and Throat Chop.

We actually get a widespread 80 BP dark move? And a pity ground move for all the non-earthquake havers.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

nice, I can make a hyper voice sylveon without relying on ORAS.

(Although I just spent a bus ride catching a hidden ability eevee in omega ruby...)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how many new clothing options are there. this is the only thing that matters

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jade Mage posted:

Mildly disappointed in how naganadel looks, but hey, he's still a definite must for my team! I'll name mine Ridley.

Also why'd they go and make him a dragon? He could have been the Tapu slayer!

Pokedex posted:

This Ultra Beast is well enough liked to be chosen as a first partner in its own world.
Because he gets to be a rad Dragon-type starter in the Ultra World. :v:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

For those people going through the text dumps, how far into the game does the game's plot diverge from the original Sun and Moon? Is it just post-game, or is it earlier on?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

Kingler finally gets a goddamn 100% accurate physical water move.

And it's boosted by Sheer Force! Finally, the OU Kingler is born...

It will be RU at best.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Looks like Dedenne still doesn't have access to any decent special fairy moves. :(

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I know the new expanded Alola dex has been posted, but is there any word about what the dexes on each island look like? It'd be really cool if I could catch my boy Scraggy on the first island.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So... how much Guzma is there in the game

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dienes posted:

There's the Bounce tutor for Gyarados I needed!
I no longer am flabbergasted by the lack of Bounce Alolan-bred Gyarados!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CuddlyZombie posted:

For those people going through the text dumps, how far into the game does the game's plot diverge from the original Sun and Moon? Is it just post-game, or is it earlier on?

It's sticking to regular Sun and Moon with modifications right now as I'm reaching the trainer school. Ultra Recon Squad was added to the festival event doing recon and some of the lengthy early events were shortened.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dehry posted:

It's sticking to regular Sun and Moon with modifications right now as I'm reaching the trainer school. Ultra Recon Squad was added to the festival event doing recon and some of the lengthy early events were shortened.

I keep reading ultra recon squad as ultra retcon squad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probably shouldve waited until the national pokedex question was answered before preordering

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Haha, no Aurora Veil for Aurorus.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

probably shouldve waited until the national pokedex question was answered before preordering

I thought that guy was joking, there's seriously no national dex?

What a weird exclusion.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I wonder if Game Freak thinks Pokebank is good enough as the national dex from this point forward.

hosed up if true.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Does Pokebank offer any kind of collection/dex tracking? I'm kinda weary to use it for my collection/living dex on the off chance I end up forgetting to re-up my sub and lose everything.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
It does! It automatically gets dex data from each game you link, and shows national pokedex entries in-bank.

The flip side is you get no prizes for completing it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Ultra Necrozma is some ritual summon yu-gi-oh bullshit. :lol:

Zeraora is trash and gives Koko the lead in the terrain wars (also not good).

Poipole and Nagandel are great but it sucks that they're only available through Mystery Gift.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It's cool that we got a bunch of new Pokemon but maybe don't hide most of them behind Mystery Gift/version exclusives???

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Shneak posted:

It's cool that we got a bunch of new Pokemon but maybe don't hide most of them behind Mystery Gift/version exclusives???

Does this mean like Silvally / Marshadow codes from somewhere?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shneak posted:

Poipole and Nagandel are great but it sucks that they're only available through Mystery Gift.

From what I've read you get Poipole from an in-game gift, not an event. You may have misread. The only new mythical is Zeraora.

One more mythical is still lame, but it's only one. That said, it does put me one step away from a full livingdex again until its event, sigh.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
i wasn't joking. no national dex datamined, though i doubt anyone's gotten far enough into the game on the leak if it's postgame content that got missed.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, just got to Hau'oli City and met up with Skull. They're encountered in the same event Hau introduces malasada instead of at the marina. Some of the skull dialogue still references a port so I think they just copy>pasted some lines.

In general things are happening differently but the same characters are there.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 8, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Quotey posted:

i wasn't joking. no national dex datamined, though i doubt anyone's gotten far enough into the game on the leak if it's postgame content that got missed.

I mean, it probably isn't. There was no national dex is base Sun or Moon either.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Haifisch posted:

I wonder if Game Freak thinks Pokebank is good enough as the national dex from this point forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNarlVNOn0s

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I noticed hyper voice was back as a tutor, remembered vaguely that Primarina had a sound move-based hidden ability, and looked it up

what is even the point of that

like, why does it even exist

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

cheetah7071 posted:

I noticed hyper voice was back as a tutor, remembered vaguely that Primarina had a sound move-based hidden ability, and looked it up

Sparking Aria hits the entire field. Hyper Voice only hits opponents. ... That's all I got.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
STAB Round or Echoed Voice if you're an insane person

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it also makes it so Disarming Voice does more damage in the rain!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Its like they throw darts at a board any time they make a HA or assign one.

I mean look at last gen. You had Protean Greninja and... Magician Delphox :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Full list of moveset changes. I'm just gonna post Kommo-o's entry so y'all see how much our boy has grown:

Kommo-o-1
Added
75 Close Combat
Tutor Dual Chop
Tutor Iron Head
Tutor Low Kick
Tutor Uproar
Tutor Thunder Punch
Tutor Fire Punch
Tutor Ice Punch
Tutor Iron Defense
Tutor Superpower