Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Strange that it's not just red star rings for collectables now, but it adds on those 5 ring countdown things (idk if there's a proper term for those?) and timed moons that you only get after collecting the previous thing. That's a lot of collectables if it's for every stage. And yet no one knows if collecting everything gets you anything?

Twerk from Home posted:

I got the 360 one. Apparently the PS3/360 one is worse, and the PS3 is the outright worst of them all?

Forgot to catch this, but no the 360/PS3 (HD) version is generally better. The Wii/PS2 (SD) version has a better final boss, no medal hunting, and the werehog stages have slightly less platforming and start out kinda shorter. But the daytime stages aren't nearly as good as the HD versions, the werehog is a lot worse to control in combat and has access to less movement options and finishers, the hubs are even more bland and generic with none of the sidequests, and a lot less side stages. Also looks worse cause y'know.

PS3 one is generally considered worse than the 360 version. PS3 targeted 60 fps but the stages often had lag problems so you'd only get brief moments of 60 fps and a bunch of times it dragged to 30ish range anyways. 360 version targeted 30 fps and was more stable. PS3 version also had longer loading times in general.

Ventana fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Men Drinkin Coffee are streaming it and this game looks bad and the only thing that looks cool, dress up, is moot because in like 11 levels they've only played as the avatar three times

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They should of just let you dress up Sonic too.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
You can give you Avatar DBZ-style hair. They know what they're doing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

:yeah:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sega put out a survey about Sonic Forces.

If you got Feelings about this game, I encourage you to go fill it out and give them some constructive feedback. Who knows how or if it will get used but it can't hurt to let your thoughts be known anyways!

Donezo, pretty much listed the thoughts I've listed in this thread, and then I asked at the very end for a Sonic RPG that wasn't trash-fire. Come on Sega you own Atlus. Make them do it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sonic posted:

*to Classic Sonic* It's been Generations since I saw you!

How can anyone call the writing in this game bad

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

a.lo posted:

FINALLY MY BRO GOT OFF

I wish Sonic was my bro.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was offered this game for 5 bucks so wound up getting it anyway. It's a bad game but that's not a big shocker

Lol at Stage 23 though where Sonic doesn't gravitate to the middle of the stage so he just flies off a certain bend if you glance at the boost button. I even slowed down to a half sprint and I still couldn't tear him away from that ledge. I had to basically gently prod forward on the control stick to get him to not kill himself. Absolutely terrible.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Two Beans posted:

Sonic Team, if you are listening, if you make another game with Tetris leave out the annoying puyo anime poo poo.

Litrally the most Games post ever made

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay just wanted to chime in that my OC donut steel is dark green.

I lost track of it for 80% of stage 25 and got insta killed like half a dozen times due to the godawful controls. What a loving joke lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bring back sonic mania

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like whoever did Shadow’s voice in his own game.

DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE ME:argh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

bring back sonic mania

It's not going anywhere

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I've played a bit more and I've figured out why Infinite works for me.

He reminds me of Scourge.

I mean, he's not as whimsical as Scourge, but they have the "hyper aggressive loser who reinvents himself based on his coming up short compared to other people around him". The way he keeps going on about how frail and pathetic everyone else is while either constantly over-reacting to everything bad that happens to him or brushing it off with flimsy "that didn't count" bullshit is another thing Scourge would do when he was written under Ian.

I dunno. It's not really being played ironically but I can see and appreciate what they're going for here. Part of it is due to Liam O'Brien's voice work, also.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Internet Kraken posted:

i thought of that too, like, it'd let them use all the clothing stuff in the rest of the levels and people could show off their idiot sonic outfits too.

alternatively, you can only give him scarves

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

what was your favourite day level, the one where you die if you don't press jump within like half a second of the level starting or the one that ran at a sub-20 framerate rendering the game virtually uncontrollable

Spagonia at 60 fps on generations pc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i like windmill isle a lot, it's pretty

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

i like windmill isle a lot, it's pretty

Also has insanely good music

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

can we agree, as a people, that Cube is the worst Wispon?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I haven't really used it much but it's cube so i'd be surprised if not.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yeah I think that's safe to say, though I haven't experimented with every weapon on most stages yet. There are a couple of stages that look like it'd be okay, but you could still use lightning/burst almost as well so why bother

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am amused by the fact that Knuckles has his super serious deep voice that doesn't really fit the character
Also the game considers your avatar to be a stupid newbie throughout the entire game

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knuckles has always had a deep voice outside of, like, Underground or something.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

I am amused by the fact that Knuckles has his super serious deep voice that doesn't really fit the character
Also the game considers your avatar to be a stupid newbie throughout the entire game

Makes sense cuz it considers you, the player, a stupid noobie for the whole game as well. :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Knuckles has always had a deep voice outside of, like, Underground or something.

Yeah but like he's all composed and serious and articulate instead of a dumb meathead

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Game Knuckles is thick headed and stubborn with a temper, not a total moron. He has moments of insight and clarity in the Adventure titles, and this takes more closely after those.

The "durr meathead" characterization is Boom Knuckles.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

The "durr meathead" characterization is Boom Knuckles.

Aka Best Knuckles

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Knuckles got tricked by Eggman.
Twice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Um they considered my OC to be very brave and cool and instrumental in saving the world actually. And they're all my friends and are proud of me. :colbert:

Also, Knuckles owns in this game. Like every character really because the writing is very sincere about all this. Knuckles is the big leader man talking about intel and being asked about sitrep's and making plans and strategies and everybody encourages and accepts this as the proper procedure. It's almost absurd and treated with as much sincerity by the story as possible. It's amazing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Augus posted:

Twice.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that.

But honestly, who else are you gonna call on to take the lead in a situation like this? Shadow is doing whatever, Tails is convinced he has to do something else, and Espio willingly plays second fiddle to Vector. You gonna put SILVER in charge of poo poo?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Augus posted:

Twice.

you're acting like he isn't the most charismatic figure in the franchise

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TFRazorsaw posted:

The rings you get give you a bunch of score, and I got one that gives you bonus points based on how many enemies you kill in short succession.

If i need to just blast an S-rank on a level i've got a go-to weapon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah but the platforming power it gives you is functionally useless

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the worst power is asteroid

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

a.lo posted:

FINALLY MY BRO GOT OFF SO I CAN PLAY IT ON THE PS4!

Starting Episode Shadow and as always the music IS lit! And did I already mention Kirk Thornton has improved so much and is actually doing a fantastic job as Shadow compared to that terrible generic evil guy voice he has in Sonic Boom? Yeah I did but man this is Shadow! He sounds so good!!! Four for you Kirk Thornton, you deserve the gold stars for showing such great improvement!

i was actually really surprised and happy with his performance as shadow in this. i really didn't care for his take on the character before but he did a great job this time.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also really liked roger craig smith in this. like i already thought he was good as sonic but idk it felt like he went above and beyond this time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My OC was a green wolf girl person with a spooky ghost t-shirt and heels on.

I just thought the concept of someone running at boost speed in heels really really funny for some reason

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Onmi posted:

Donezo, pretty much listed the thoughts I've listed in this thread, and then I asked at the very end for a Sonic RPG that wasn't trash-fire. Come on Sega you own Atlus. Make them do it.

I told them I want A Sonic game that plays like Sonic Rush or Advance 2 and 3

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My OC was a green wolf girl person with a spooky ghost t-shirt and heels on.

I just thought the concept of someone running at boost speed in heels really really funny for some reason

Where the picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So I just did this SOS mission where the Avatar I had to play as Fire Wispon that seems to make me run faster. It was about as fast as Sonic in boost. It caught me off guard and I almost fell off the map.