Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
is there any real reason to think metroid is coming next year beyond the hopes and dreams of this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lobster Harmonica posted:

We're getting Metroid Prime 4 and a new No More Heroes in 2018, this is the part where you're grabbing too many treasures from the Cave of Wonders while its tiger mouth closes

When did they give metroid prime 4 a release year? Twas but a jpeg at e3

The thread also thinks pokemon is next year and that was nought but a man saying it exists and may take a long time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is metroid prime 4 after 3 what is going on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress this seaside kingdom seed that is growing twice as tall as the others. Its my last moon and ive been waiting like 25 mins

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a.lo posted:

is metroid prime 4 after 3 what is going on

Did you miss 3? It is a wii game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Did you miss 3? It is a wii game.

Its been awhile since 3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samus will flip out of her ship pop the visor and david hayter will be behind the mask with his classic kept you waiting line

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That's not a Blade, that's one of the NPC dudes, I think maybe the mercenary leader but it's a little tough to tell because the artwork there is a bit different from the model from the trailer as I remember it.

Yeah, that's the XB2 incarnation of Vandham/Van Damme/Vangarre/Vanderkam.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress this seaside kingdom seed that is growing twice as tall as the others. Its my last moon and ive been waiting like 25 mins

Plants need water to grow!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Real hurthling! posted:

Plants need water, you know.

e:fb :argh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was on the other side of the roof and didnt spawn that text bubble

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i will poo poo into my own mouth for a bayonetta 2 port

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Zore posted:

The Rabbids in game are honestly pretty well done and not obnoxious.

alf_pogs posted:

i went into the game a rabbids cynic and came out a true believer. they are unapologetically the worst and somehow endearing all the same.

Thanks, I legit might give it a shot at some point after hearing this. I had watched some youtube videos of gameplay a while back and was just getting pissed off whenever the Rabbids would show up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Rabbids are good. Can't wait til they're in Smash Bros :)

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Macaluso posted:

The Rabbids are good. Can't wait til they're in Smash Bros :)

Nevermind

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

It’s the main character, Rex’s armor and helmet for Link.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So one of my joycons now quite easily slides out of my switch even when it is snapped in place.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, and is this more of a console or joycon problem?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Test the joycon on your grip to see if its loose there.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Astro7x posted:

So one of my joycons now quite easily slides out of my switch even when it is snapped in place.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, and is this more of a console or joycon problem?

It's a Joy-con problem. The plastic tooth that keeps it in place has worn out and doesn't stop it from sliding out. Usually this happens if you managed to put the straps the wrong way and removed them by force.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Does the Switch have any kind of built-in capture, streaming, or social media sort of stuff like the PS4 has? I heard something about there being a photo mode in BOTW and Mario Odyssey, and I was wondering if maybe there was a way to take screenshots and videoclips and then save them to a USB stick or something.

This one by MattMcMuscles is the one that caught my interest:
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/924805012848443392

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Max Wilco posted:

Does the Switch have any kind of built-in capture, streaming, or social media sort of stuff like the PS4 has? I heard something about there being a photo mode in BOTW and Mario Odyssey, and I was wondering if maybe there was a way to take screenshots and videoclips and then save them to a USB stick or something.

you take screenshots with d-down, it's a fun feature with compositing functions and what not

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

HyperPuma posted:

is there any real reason to think metroid is coming next year beyond the hopes and dreams of this thread?

It's the natural way to follow up this year imo. No other announced games pack the same punch

Still won't happen but hey

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

There's a dedicated capture button that takes screenshots and (in supporting software titles, mostly first party for now) allows you to record the last 30 seconds of footage, although in the future that will be expanded to up to 5 minutes, I think? This is saved to internal memory or an SD Card, and you can pull it from the SD Card if you shove it in your computer, or you can upload directly to Twitter or Facebook (no youtube, yet).

Also, yeah, Odyssey has a capture mode that lets you move the camera around and add filers and stuff to take cooler photos.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

andipossess posted:

There's a dedicated capture button that takes screenshots and (in supporting software titles, mostly first party for now) allows you to record the last 30 seconds of footage, although in the future that will be expanded to up to 5 minutes, I think? This is saved to internal memory or an SD Card, and you can pull it from the SD Card if you shove it in your computer, or you can upload directly to Twitter or Facebook (no youtube, yet).

Also, yeah, Odyssey has a capture mode that lets you move the camera around and add filers and stuff to take cooler photos.

That's cool. I don't have any kind of capture device to record video or capture screenshots from a console, so having it built into the system is a nice touch. I'll have to remember to pick up an SD card if when I get a Switch.

It also helps that I've really taken to photo modes in games. Both Arkham Knight and Shadow Warrior 2 had it, and I spent a good amount of time setting up shots instead of actually playing the game. (Shadow Warrior 2's photo mode was especially nice, since you could take shots at higher resolutions.)

Moving back to Switch talk, I made up a small list of games that I was interested in:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Zelda:BOTW
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Golf Story
  • Splatoon 2)

Is there anything else that's worth checking out? The only other games I can think of is Arms (which didn't really interest me), and Mario Kart 8 (which I already have on the Wii U.)

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

That's cool. I don't have any kind of capture device to record video or capture screenshots from a console, so having it built into the system is a nice touch. I'll have to remember to pick up an SD card if when I get a Switch.

It also helps that I've really taken to photo modes in games. Both Arkham Knight and Shadow Warrior 2 had it, and I spent a good amount of time setting up shots instead of actually playing the game. (Shadow Warrior 2's photo mode was especially nice, since you could take shots at higher resolutions.)

Moving back to Switch talk, I made up a small list of games that I was interested in:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Golf Story
  • Splatoon 2)

Is there anything else that's worth checking out? The only other games I can think of is Arms (which didn't really interest me), and Mario Kart 8 (which I already have on the Wii U.)

Really think about getting MK8 again on Switch. I'm not even being facetious. Battle Mode owns and being able to pop out the joy-cons for instant two-player also owns.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Max Wilco posted:

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Golf Story
  • Splatoon 2)

Mario x Rabbids
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (assuming it's good)
Disgaea 5
Rayman Legends
Snipperclips
Pokken Tournament DX
Steamworld Dig 2
Sonic Mania
Fast RMX
Blaster Master Zero
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
GoNNER
Slime-San

Indie ports you may not have played:
Shovel Knight
Binding of Isaac
Cave Story
Overcoked
Snake Pass
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

on pc i played witcher 3 and doom at medium even though my pc could run them on ultra because i thought it looked better

too much sharpness is gross and i too think that switchdoom looks better than the other consoles

This is a joke post, yes?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Dear Squeenix, Bravely Third on Switch, please. Love, Me.

VideoGames posted:

This is a joke post, yes?
Ban this sick filth, imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Project octopath is bravely third

The team is even the same

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The demo for it also seemed pretty cool

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does buying a moon at a shop check off one of the spots on the list the first time you do it in each Kingdom?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tender Bender posted:

Does buying a moon at a shop check off one of the spots on the list the first time you do it in each Kingdom?

The first one is an actual Power Moon, yes. "Shopping in X Kingdom". After that it's just to pad out your total.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tae posted:

Octopath seems pretty good from the demo, but I'd love another game in the series because I love the world and characters. Plus the Octopath mechanics are a little different (while still being good, from what I've played).

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The first one is an actual Power Moon, yes. "Shopping in X Kingdom". After that it's just to pad out your total.

This confused the hell out of me. Why? What's the point of allowing you to buy 10 at a time if they don't mean anything?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BisterdDave posted:

This confused the hell out of me. Why? What's the point of allowing you to buy 10 at a time if they don't mean anything?

So if Little Timmy gets stuck he can still progress towards unlocking stuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

You need to buy them to reach 999 moons and unlock one last tiny minor thing.

And they also can be to help people unlock other stuff if they don't want to actually play the game for some reason.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

They mean more moons for your moon counter.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Regy Rusty posted:

You need to buy them to reach 999 moons and unlock one last tiny minor thing.

Ok, this makes sense. Buying them just to have an inflated fake number is dumb however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's really cool that if I don't want to play picture match I can just buy an extra moon and be good.

• Locked thread