Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

an actual dog posted:

rand paul got beat up by his doctor next door neighbor

Over property rights (blowing leaves) apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pocket Billiards posted:

Over property rights (blowing leaves) apparently.

rand paul really seems like the type of rear end in a top hat that would blow leaves into his neighbors yard

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

rand paul really seems like the type of rear end in a top hat that would blow leaves into his neighbors yard

the Passive Aggressive Principle

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Newt Gingrich was so unpopular in 1997 that some House GOPers attempted a coup to replace him as Speaker. He dodged the bullet but the writing was on the wall. In a truly desperate move, Gingrich tried a makeover to make himself more likable to Republican voters. I remember watching spin doctors on CNN touting the new "sexy" look for Gingrich:

This ploy did not work, and he was out in 1998.

fake edit: that's a publishers image, just imagine the same thing but with him smiling and striking a jauntier pose. I think his minions have cleansed the internet of this shameful abortive image rehabilitation.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Filthy Hans posted:

Newt Gingrich was so unpopular in 1997 that some House GOPers attempted a coup to replace him as Speaker. He dodged the bullet but the writing was on the wall. In a truly desperate move, Gingrich tried a makeover to make himself more likable to Republican voters. I remember watching spin doctors on CNN touting the new "sexy" look for Gingrich:

This ploy did not work, and he was out in 1998.

fake edit: that's a publishers image, just imagine the same thing but with him smiling and striking a jauntier pose. I think his minions have cleansed the internet of this shameful abortive image rehabilitation.
That's really funny.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
never forget the boston mooninite massacre

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

So Guantanamo Bay apparently has a gift shop.

Here's a cutesy shirt you can buy for a teddy bear.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Duscat posted:

never forget the boston mooninite massacre

i remember that, the bomb squad got called on those

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stormin Norman

General Betray-Us

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when CNN.com had a poll asking if al Qaeda is sending coded messages via propaganda videos to their embedded terror cells in the U.S. and it got 100,000 votes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Easily claims best thread in forums history, lost my poo poo like every 3 posts. This should be a book.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

So Guantanamo Bay apparently has a gift shop.

Here's a cutesy shirt you can buy for a teddy bear.

that was literally the title of LF at some point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDSG7mdBRI

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

oh my loving god LOOOOOOOOOL

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ben Carson stabbing someone as a teenager

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

that was the best. Ben Carson defends self against allegations that he did not stab a child

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Trump accusing ben carson of being a violent psychopath, look at his record folks! bad guy! believe me! and then making him HUD secretary

SgtSanity
Apr 25, 2005
Excuse me

got any sevens posted:

i remember that, the bomb squad got called on those

and the post-arrest press conference where the perpetrators would only take hair-related questions

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

that was literally the title of LF at some point.

is pepsi ok has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 9, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

Trump accusing ben carson of being a violent psychopath, look at his record folks! bad guy! believe me! and then making him HUD secretary

Pretty loving great.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Outgoing Israeli Labor chairman Isaac "Bougie" Herzog decided to make light of his somewhat unconvincing voice by having someone with a deeper voice dub an election ad in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQE5BNfUB50

This is his real voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYiFAQ5csDI

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DARPAs self healing minefield

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/smokinjoe/status/922999874190172160

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxML32_hF2Y

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
By the way, there's a prominent Israeli politician, Tzipi Livni. "Tzipi" is short for "Tzipporah", a Biblical name stemming from the word "tzippor", or "bird".

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Outgoing Israeli Labor chairman Isaac "Bougie" Herzog decided to make light of his somewhat unconvincing voice by having someone with a deeper voice dub an election ad in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQE5BNfUB50

This is his real voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYiFAQ5csDI

Lmao

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

DARPAs self healing minefield

that was deep space nine or is this real

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

that was deep space nine or is this real

Real, it was evaluated by DARPA in the early aughts. The fuckers were RF networked, and after a breach (a tank running through, or a bunch of kids playing tag got themselves blown up, or the like) the individual mines could hop around until the breach location was covered again. I think the extremely irresponsible project was axed at some time because I can't find any writings on it from past '07 on Google, but who knows.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/shm.htm

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Filthy Hans posted:

Real, it was evaluated by DARPA in the early aughts. The fuckers were RF networked, and after a breach (a tank running through, or a bunch of kids playing tag got themselves blown up, or the like) the individual mines could hop around until the breach location was covered again. I think the extremely irresponsible project was axed at some time because I can't find any writings on it from past '07 on Google, but who knows.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/shm.htm

Any time I see "project axed" I usually infer that to mean, "continued to be funded OTR until completion, now sits in a Raiders of the Lost Ark-esque warehouse awaiting niche use."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Waffle House posted:

Any time I see "project axed" I usually infer that to mean, "continued to be funded OTR until completion, now sits in a Raiders of the Lost Ark-esque warehouse awaiting niche use."

We could also not be hearing about it because it went extremely well and now all further development is classified.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the Kuwaiti woman who testified that Iraqis were throwing babies out of incubators turned it to be the daughter of a minister and on the payroll of a PR firm

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
hulk hogan makes political tweets and signs them all Heil Hitler

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We could also not be hearing about it because it went extremely well and now all further development is classified.

Also this. But I'll stop speculating now to give those people their best possible shot at things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Waffle House posted:

Also this. But I'll stop speculating now to give those people their best possible shot at things.

Counterpoint: gently caress landmines

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
John Kasich repeatedly attacking Jeb! for snake fees

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

When Dennis Miller's career was in freefall, he defected to the Republican party because they were the only ones who enjoyed his brand of "humor" and accepted him

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Filthy Hans posted:

When Dennis Miller's career was in freefall, he defected to the Republican party because they were the only ones who enjoyed his brand of "humor" and accepted him

tbf 9/11 permanently broke his brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/al-gore-and-tipper-gore-kiss-at-the-dnc-10797435

chapo thread crosspost