Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Potential :siren:!

https://twitter.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/928370620521484288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Oh man Spags is a nice guy but an absolutely horrible head coach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Is he Ben Mcadoo? No? gently caress it, put him in charge.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spags will be fine in the short term.

Not like the Giants are going anywhere

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol bye whore

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When your halftime speech (or whenever it was) to your team is literally "um" you don't deserve to be a head coach

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So much for my theory!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even Allbright's saying game over on this one
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/928358386332327943

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Randaconda posted:

Nah, OJ was still good at quick cuts.

not according to the trial he wasn't

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

not according to the trial he wasn't

according the civil trial he was

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

That seems fine for an interim? His job is literally just to keep the lights on until they can hire a real coach at the end of the year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Randaconda posted:

according the civil trial he was

Nah the trial proved it too.
if he was bad he would have been convicted.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wasn't he supposed to be the Player's Coach that they needed? Except all of the players loving hate him?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You know what makes someone a good players' coach? Being good at your job.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Yay for febreeze

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Glumslinger posted:

Wasn't he supposed to be the Player's Coach that they needed? Except all of the players loving hate him?

It feels like he's in way over his head and panicked.

Players coaches don't do poo poo like get in public spats with their cornerbacks and suspend them.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Ah, chaos and dysfunction surrounding the Giants organization. This is my equilibrium.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

If they lose to the 49ers, I expect he's gone so fast he'll leave a vacuum.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who would've guessed that the Jets would be the more stable New York team this year

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Never ever hire Aaron Rodgers’s QB coach

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm so insanely happy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You know what makes someone a good players' coach? Being good at your job.

I thought it was letting guys in their contract years get garbage time stats before you make them free agents.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Glumslinger posted:

He was never a players coach. He was just young and new compared to Coughlin. I think a players coach approach might have worked for him, but he went the disciplinarian route when he hadn't earned any respect. It was fine last year because the team overachieved, but now with problems it's getting ugly.

As much as I want McAdoo gone I think we should hold off, this guy doesn't seem like he's got much really. If we lose to the 49ers it might happen. I don't see the Giants firing someone midseason unless it gets beyond hopeless.

I'm fine with Spags in the meantime. Spags is crap. If we use Spags and then win like 4 games, that's what I'm worried about, because we'll lose this draft position AND might keep Spags on full time like idiots. Giants organization needs to clean house but they love Spags.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 9, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It all makes sense. The Jets must be punished for playing too well, and the Browns can't have nice things. Darnold to the Giants.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shangri-Law School posted:

It all makes sense. The Jets must be punished for playing too well, and the Browns can't have nice things. Darnold to the Giants.

sounds like more of a bullet dodged than a punishment

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When McAdoo goes Jerry Reese has to follow him, right? He's the one who handpicked Ben after Coughlin got run out of town, and he signed all those expensive veterans who did well last year but are clearly phoning it in now. I can't imagine him surviving another housecleaning.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Benne posted:

When McAdoo goes Jerry Reese has to follow him, right? He's the one who handpicked Ben after Coughlin got run out of town, and he signed all those expensive veterans who did well last year but are clearly phoning it in now. I can't imagine him surviving another housecleaning.
Not to mention how the offensive line has slowly rotted into garbage. I mean, the Giants have a lot of problems, but that's at least top-3.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jerry Reese has spent the past six seasons trying to replicate the worst Super Bowl winning team in history.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

Thanks for running Coughlin off, btw.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Randaconda posted:

Thanks for running Coughlin off, btw.

Imagine not being young compared to Coughlin. Is that possible?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That seems fine for an interim? His job is literally just to keep the lights on until they can hire a real coach at the end of the year.

I guess, I would be more worried about the Giants banging out 3-4 wins with him in the interim then hiring him on permanently.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think McAdoo is done at the end of the season, but not mid. He definitely has the "lost the locker room", but I don't think Mara is gone. Hard to judge a GM based on their pickups if a coach is a steaming pile of crap and half of them are injured.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

iospace posted:

I think McAdoo is done at the end of the season, but not mid. He definitely has the "lost the locker room", but I don't think Mara is gone. Hard to judge a GM based on their pickups if a coach is a steaming pile of crap and half of them are injured.
You cant fire owners. The GM is Reese and he has been awful for about a decade and Coughlin was still finding ways to win, but not enough to not eventually get sent packing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You cant fire owners. The GM is Reese and he has been awful for about a decade and Coughlin was still finding ways to win, but not enough to not eventually get sent packing.

Right. I meant the GM and I haven't had coffee yet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

iospace posted:

Right. I meant the GM and I haven't had coffee yet.
Okay, thought so but I always laugh when I see that phrase so I had to say it :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm pretty sure 49er fans want to fire their owner though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

iospace posted:

And Cowboys and Redskins and Jets and Browns and...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There need to be mechanisms to remove teams from Bad owners.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

And Cowboys and Redskins and Jets and Browns and...

Add Ravens to the list. #SignKaep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

iospace posted:

Just want him completely divorced from football operations.

• Locked thread