Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JethroMcB posted:

The Hawaiian pizza that turned me on to Hawaiian pizza had pineapple, grilled chicken breast and andouille sausage, finished with a dash of Tabasco.

literally :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
you fucksforks are nasty. lovingforking pineapple????

e: forgot where i was

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sounds like the Good Place to me...

You monster, the Red Zone channel is humanity's greatest invention.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just started season 2. The whole show is obviously great, but the lady who plays "real Eleanor" is hilarious. Great facial expressions.

I love these parts where all the bad place people talk to each other. Ted Danson is a legend.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Pineapple, sausage, mushroom, pepperoni imo

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

Pineapple, sausage, mushroom, pepperoni imo

Most everyone goes to The Bad Place for failing to adhere to basic Pizza Morality: thick or pan crust, pepperoni. Sausage only tolerable if you don't have throat-focused immune disorders that make you low-key nervous about sausage.

Everything else is, like, - 20,000 points per bite.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Italian sausage is legit. Sliced andouille sausage is legit. The abomination that most pizza places call "sausage" (ie, pork breakfast sausage basically) is the worst.

If I'm being honest most of the time I'll take a basic Margherita pizza over anything else. Simple, flavorful, refreshing, is nice.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

precision posted:

If I'm being honest most of the time I'll take a basic Margherita pizza over anything else. Simple, flavorful, refreshing, is nice.

Margherita pizzas are the california rolls of pizzas. I'm sorry you're allergic to pizza toppings with actual flavors.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Actually, this is the best pizza:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's okay to admit you have nothing left to discuss.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Caring about what food other people eat: -5000

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wonder if they could do a pseudo-crossover of sorts by getting the cast from Better Off Ted to guest on The Good Place. I could see Jonathan Slavin and Malcolm Barrett as demons, easily.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wonder if they could do a pseudo-crossover of sorts by getting the cast from Better Off Ted to guest on The Good Place. I could see Jonathan Slavin and Malcolm Barrett as demons, easily.
We find out the actor who played Ted is in the Bad Place for trying to kill John Hamm.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Pizza Hut's doing 50% off so I tried a personal ($2.50) with Pineapple, Chicken, Sausage and Jalapeno and, uh, I think I'm sold.

I'm sold on it.

I like pineapple on pizza.

You always think it happens to someone else.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pineapple + chicken on a pizza is the bomb.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pineapple is an extremely good pizza topping and the people who are like, "eowwwh, oh no, pineapple!" are little babies who would peel a raisin.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

spudsbuckley posted:

One of my friends is 4' 11" and has a striking resemblance to Kristen.

Hanging around with her is bizarre because she is so goddamn tiny that she actually has to occasionally ask you to get stuff down for her that she can't reach in her own house and her 6 year old son isn't that much shorter than her.

Still though, she's 30 but she still looks exactly like she did when she was 19 so there's some advantages to it.

My ex is 4'11", i just let her climb me like a step ladder.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Somehow this is worse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Bad Place is coming from inside the thread :ohdear:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A friend of mine introduced me to pineapple and japaleno pizza and that convinced me pineapple sometimes belongs on pizza. Anyway I just wanted to share that delicious combination of toppings.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Pineapple is an extremely good pizza topping and the people who are like, "eowwwh, oh no, pineapple!" are little babies who would peel a raisin.

I wouldn't be eating a raisin in the first place.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Are all the anti-pineapple people unaware of that pineapple is common in korean and western sweet and sour sauces? Like pineapple as something to provide sweetness and acidity to meat dishes is pretty common and delicious?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Snak posted:

Are all the anti-pineapple people unaware of that pineapple is common in korean and western sweet and sour sauces? Like pineapple as something to provide sweetness and acidity to meat dishes is pretty common and delicious?

Pizza isn't a meat dish.

E: VVV to me, the gross part is the combo of cheese and pineapple, not meat and pineapple.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 11, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If it has meat on it, it is.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Pizza isn't a meat dish.

E: VVV to me, the gross part is the combo of cheese and pineapple, not meat and pineapple.

Look at this guy who didn't grow up in 1980's UK.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm in the camp that prefers only one type of meat per slice, with different veggie combinations to augment it. Otherwise it muddles the flavor. Meat lovers just sort of has a generalized "meat" flavor with no nuance to it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

Pineapple is only acceptable if it is a particularly sweet pineapple, and you have olives AND Anchovies.

Canned pineapple is like the $5 crack whore of the fruit world.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So how about that to-go cup that doesn’t drip where the seam meets the lid?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Pineapple is only acceptable if it is a particularly sweet pineapple, and you have olives AND Anchovies.

Canned pineapple is like the $5 crack whore of the fruit world.

well there goes my appetite :stare:

canned pineapple, olives and anchovies are literally my 3 worst pizza toppings. fresh pineapple or gtfo :colbert:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

canned pineapple, olives and anchovies are literally my 3 worst pizza toppings. fresh pineapple or gtfo :colbert:

I'm sorry bae, but we must become mortal enemies now over your hate of olives ...

Or do you just not like them on pizza?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Every day we unwrap your mystery, a layer at a time..

Not italian or greek.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The only good anchovie is in chex mix, the only good olive is in oil, and the only good pineapple is at the bottom of a volcano.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The only good anchovie is in chex mix, the only good olive is in oil, and the only good pineapple is at the bottom of a volcano.

Your Puttanesca must be shithouse.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Not italian or greek.

Native American, in point of fact. My great-grandmother was a Blackfoot Cherokee "princess". I'm royalty! Sort of.

esperterra posted:

I'm sorry bae, but we must become mortal enemies now over your hate of olives ...

Or do you just not like them on pizza?

I like olives in other things. Hell I used to be a chef at a middle-eastern/Greek restaurant. I can make falafel and tahini sauce like nobody's bizness.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Native American, in point of fact. My great-grandmother was a Blackfoot Cherokee "princess". I'm royalty! Sort of.

Those are two separate tribes right? It's not my area of anthropological expertise.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

I like olives in other things. Hell I used to be a chef at a middle-eastern/Greek restaurant. I can make falafel and tahini sauce like nobody's bizness.

We good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Those are two separate tribes right? It's not my area of anthropological expertise.

Huh, learn something new every day:

"during the 1800's, a lot of Native Americans suddenly began to surface in the southeast identified as "Blackfoot" or "Blackfoot-Cherokee." There are several theories as to why. One is that "Blackfoot" may just have been a popular tribe around then, so great-grandma from South Carolina got remembered as a Blackfoot Princess simply because it sounded more glamorous than "Catawba" did. This kind of thing happened more often than you might think (coincidentally enough, many people have been incorrectly identified as Cherokees when they really belonged to some other tribe, as well). Second, "Blackfoot" was evidently a code word among the early African-American community for a person of mixed American Indian and African heritage."

That's eerie :tinfoil: (though I'm from TN not South Carolina). But I also have African in that bloodline.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Huh, learn something new every day:

"during the 1800's, a lot of Native Americans suddenly began to surface in the southeast identified as "Blackfoot" or "Blackfoot-Cherokee." There are several theories as to why. One is that "Blackfoot" may just have been a popular tribe around then, so great-grandma from South Carolina got remembered as a Blackfoot Princess simply because it sounded more glamorous than "Catawba" did. This kind of thing happened more often than you might think (coincidentally enough, many people have been incorrectly identified as Cherokees when they really belonged to some other tribe, as well). Second, "Blackfoot" was evidently a code word among the early African-American community for a person of mixed American Indian and African heritage."

That's eerie :tinfoil: (though I'm from TN not South Carolina). But I also have African in that bloodline.

I know only about the Blackfeet tribe from montana and canada from doing research about the end of the last glacial maximum where peoples settled after the ice vanished.

I've seen them mentioned a few times, but i'm usually just reading about geology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rocksicles posted:

I know only about the Blackfeet tribe from montana and canada from doing research about the end of the last glacial maximum where peoples settled after the ice vanished.

I've seen them mentioned a few times, but i'm usually just reading about geology.

Fun note, there is a distinction between the Blackfoot and Blackfeet tribes in the Montana/Canada area, makes it real fun when trying to adhere to federal regulations and the family can’t remember which they actually belong to.

• Locked thread