Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the touhou pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i thought the gen 6 friends were fine, just they didn't appear nearly enough to matter. but maybe in pokemon switch we'll finally have trainer buddies who are always with you, in true misty and brock style. they go and do their own thing whenever you enter a route so you can catch pokemon on your own of course

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

the touhou pokemon

go on

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

does USUM still have a fight against nihilego lusamine

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Let us do full facial customization. My Commander Shepard looked like he had FAS and every dramatic cutscene was hilarious.

:yeah:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CuddlyZombie posted:

No.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Probably for the best, since it wasn't a very challenging boss fight

Interesting concept, perhaps, but lackluster execution

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It was probably the hardest trainer fight in the game up to that point. Largely because Pokemon is not hard, but still.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CuddlyZombie posted:

I wanted to catch that thing as a pokemon, minus the lady inside obviously. It looked weird and neat.

Vinylshadow posted:

Probably for the best, since it wasn't a very challenging boss fight

Interesting concept, perhaps, but lackluster execution

I like that all of her Pokemon had angry eyebrows tacked on.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Very lame if Lillie don't get to call out on her lovely mom

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hopeandjoy posted:

:yeah:

I genuinely liked all the gen 7 characters, they were all enjoyable and good kids and a step up from the gen 6 gaggle.

That's a really low bar to clear, but yeah, they definitely clear it. Lillie and Gladion are good though, even beyond the comparison. Hau is...okay. I think I still prefer Cheren and Bianca (and N) though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hau is good because he gets to have like vaguely interesting relationships with characters outside of the protag, which is something pokemon characters didn't really get before gen vii except in very rare cases like N.

His friendship with Gladion is extremely good and really helps both their characters and it's great.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Hau owns. He just wants to have a good time, but he's not stupid. Him and Gladion roasting each other during the raid on Aether Paradise was very good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm just exploring now and am getting a lot of character exposition. I thought I was about to see the first PokéDad since Norman because Rotom mentioned him. Instead I got a Meowth event.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Hau owns. He just wants to have a good time, but he's not stupid. Him and Gladion roasting each other during the raid on Aether Paradise was very good.

Yeah it's great but really it's just him roasting Gladion. Gladion's too serious for some good roasts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gently caress!

do you even go to the nihilego nest? Or what happens around that point?

No frozen pokemon either?

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 11, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So how much exactly is changed in this game? Is it more along the lines of stuff like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum or is it basically a whole new experience like in Black/White 2?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

So how much exactly is changed in this game? Is it more along the lines of stuff like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum or is it basically a whole new experience like in Black/White 2?

More like Emerald/Platinum.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Game Freak please put this in gen VIII as a Water/Steel-type with Sacred Sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctYPqspUzo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Put it on a team with honedge

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they do anything about the fact that lillie/gladion's dad is in bean land?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

gently caress!

do you even go to the nihilego nest? Or what happens around that point?

No frozen pokemon either?

It's accessible through the Ultra Wormhole. I've been there 3 times already and there's been one there each time.

Those are still there, but not really mentioned.

Tired Moritz posted:

did they do anything about the fact that lillie/gladion's dad is in bean land?

I saw something in the text dump but haven't triggered the event yet.

E: If you're using :filez: there's a screenshot function by holding L+Down+Select

E2: Extracted new clothing. https://imgur.com/a/xlZc7

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 11, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna put on that Cool Houndoom shirt and never take it off.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna put on that Cool Houndoom shirt and never take it off.

The Houndoom shirt is already in Sun and Moon, I'm pretty sure. It might be a version-exclusive, but if you see someone wearing it in Festival Plaza you may be able to get one from them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a switch to use the Circle Pad for the Ultra Wormhole inside the Gamefreak office.

I've found the first legendary Pokemon and they seem to randomly appear as the Pokemon on the other side of a wormhole. The game will pop up a message saying there's something there unlike with a standard Pokemon.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm guessing they didn't move the move relearner from it's incredibly stupid position in SuMo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Move relearner is in the same spot, but now there are some tutors on the new beach areas. They use BP though so enjoy Mantine surf or transfer a lot of stuff from Pokebank.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Good thing I bred Ancient Power onto my Swinub then.
Yeesh.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Kanto/Jhoto pokemon play chiptunes for their battle theme.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dehry posted:

The Kanto/Jhoto pokemon play chiptunes for their battle theme.

They went all-out on the nostalgia, huh?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Double post, but this is important info.

https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/929408490132475904
https://twitter.com/PP_theSLAYER/status/928519673754263552

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
blue dog

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

You're a good boy, blue.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is the evolved one blue when its shiny, because if so it'll look like Tiger from monster rancher

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Countblanc posted:

is the evolved one blue when its shiny, because if so it'll look like Tiger from monster rancher

You realize that both existing shiny lycanrocs are blue, right?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how does evolution for the dusk form work again. can any rockruff do it or does it have to be the special one, or one bred from the special one?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sharrrk posted:

how does evolution for the dusk form work again. can any rockruff do it or does it have to be the special one, or one bred from the special one?

Has to be the special one or one bred from the special one.

Also has like a one hour period every day it can actually evolve lol.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
yup, 5PM and 5:59 PM

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sharrrk posted:

To be more specific, any Rockruff that has Own Tempo can evolve into Lycanroc Dusk Form. That said, it can't be obtained normally, and only the event Rockruff and Rockruff bred from it can have Own Tempo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If I recall, its one of the very few Pokemon that can have more then the standard 3 abilities (two regular and a hidden ability). Most of those that have more often have different forms as well (Like Basculin or Meowstic).