Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait... ZombiU is an Ubisoft game. No! NOOOOO! :negative:
Don't worry, it rose from the dead a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's not the same without looking at your gamepad to check your inventory :colbert:.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m not good enough at Puyo and only barely competent at Tetris.:(

You get good by getting owned for years

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

You get good by getting owned for years

It's very similar to fighting game methodology.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

But not getting good at life unfortunately

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I was planning on getting Doom this weekend, but it’s full price? It’s been $20 max on other platforms for months. Ugh. I was ready to pay $30 for the convenience of having it on a portable.

Skyrim is tempting as I have never played it, but I also have a PSVR and Black Friday is around the corner so there might be some deals.

On another note, do SMO, Mario + Rabbids, or Splatoon 2 look better in docked mode? I have only used my Switch as a portable, and wasn’t sure if I have missed anything.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

the truth posted:

On another note, do SMO, Mario + Rabbids, or Splatoon 2 look better in docked mode? I have only used my Switch as a portable, and wasn’t sure if I have missed anything.
SMO runs at a higher dynamic resolution (900p max), has higher quality shadows and more detail at a distance.
Splatoon 2 runs at a higher dynamic resolution (1080p max).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

the truth posted:

They do indeed. Not like going from Medium Settings to Ultra-High in a PC game, but you're seeing it all on a nice big TV screen instead of a small handheld one. I think most games bump the resolution from 720p to 1080p while docked too?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder if there is a converter for TE2s that doesn't add jacked up amount of lag

I'm willing to bet that Brook has a Switch converter out by now that adds like just under a frame of lag.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/92HilQM.gifv

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is that an extremely tiny girl or a really big noppon?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Is that an extremely tiny girl or a really big noppon?

Shes a robot but I think in generally the Nopon are scaled up in XC2 compared ti XC1 or XCX

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

the truth posted:

I was planning on getting Doom this weekend, but it’s full price? It’s been $20 max on other platforms for months. Ugh. I was ready to pay $30 for the convenience of having it on a portable.

How is it still shocking to people that a game is full price when it debuts on a console, let alone a Nintendo console

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's a good thing Mario x Rabbids is a fun game because I loving hate these lovely little rabbit fuckers

why won't the game let me do a no-rabbid party

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

raditts posted:

How is it still shocking to people that a game is full price when it debuts on a console, let alone a Nintendo console

our ability to recognize patterns has evolved for thousands of years, and its really quite helpful, but an unfortunate side effect is that we see patterns that aren't there

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a good thing Mario x Rabbids is a fun game because I loving hate these lovely little rabbit fuckers

why won't the game let me do a no-rabbid party

Because the rabbids are good

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/k1lcg6p.gifv

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I think XC2 is gonna turn out real good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yeah sure why the gently caress not

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I will be getting this with mario kart 8 deluxe and some controllers soon. Are pro controllers best for mario kart?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Digirat posted:

I will be getting this with mario kart 8 deluxe and some controllers soon. Are pro controllers best for mario kart?

I play mario kart just fine in handheld mode.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder if there is any chance Samus Returns will get a switch port. I don't even care if they don't update the lovely 3ds graphics I want it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Digirat posted:

Odyssey is the only game that really feels like it needs the extra give on the left stick to me. Mario Kart is fine if you wanna play handheld, with the controllers separate, or the grip. I've played single joycon too and even it seemed totally fine. I prefer separate joycons in ultimate relaxation mode.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mario Kart is good with all configurations

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is. I’ve gotten a lot of use out of the demo. I don’t even see a need to get the full game with a demo that generous.:lol:

Same. I never really cared to play online in general. I like trash-talking in person myself.

226 posted:

Yep, it also means you can pay for it before the review embargoes are over.

Didn't think about that. There was very little chance I wouldn't be getting Skyrim. It's exactly the sort of game I like and I'd have gotten a Switch anyways, but it was a game I've wanted to play for ages.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Really happy I preordered this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/12/rumour-reddit-member-spills-the-beans-on-upcoming-nintendo-switch-titles/

quote:

A huge leak may have just emerged on Reddit as member DasVergeben could have just spilled the beans on a number of upcoming video games. As always these kinds of posts should be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s certainly worth a read:

A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.
There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Well it's 2018, got twelve whole months to find a spot for this game. Should we finally release Mother 3 in the West now?"

"Ehhhhh." :effort:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
That list has third party stuff on it, but doesn't include Bayonetta which has been hinted at already. It reads like someone is trying to pass off their own hopes and dreams for the Switch as insider knowledge.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Reddit post it comes from has a ton of stuff like the state of Capcom's stuff (SF5AE, MVCI, REmake 2) which is interesting and also with a bunch of PSX claims (Soul Calibur 6, DMC5) so if anyone actually cares whether or not this all stands to reason you can just wait 27 days for the PSX to see if any of it turns up. Some of the SF5AE stuff has been floating around/leaked before in the past (V-Triggers Only at launch, Season 3 cast members) but hey the guy got the Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 right so that's something?

ErIog posted:

That list has third party stuff on it, but doesn't include Bayonetta which has been hinted at already. It reads like someone is trying to pass off their own hopes and dreams for the Switch as insider knowledge.

Maybe the poster doesn't have anything on that subject?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hearthstone port?

reddit post is garbage lies

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Policenaut posted:

The Reddit post it comes from has a ton of stuff like the state of Capcom's stuff (SF5AE, MVCI, REmake 2) which is interesting and also with a bunch of PSX claims (Soul Calibur 6, DMC5) so if anyone actually cares whether or not this all stands to reason you can just wait 27 days for the PSX to see if any of it turns up. Some of the SF5AE stuff has been floating around/leaked before in the past (V-Triggers Only at launch, Season 3 cast members) but hey the guy got the Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 right so that's something?

Maybe the poster doesn't have anything on that subject?

Sure, some of the Namco Bandai stuff is probably likely, but a lot of the rest of it sounds like "My uncle works at Nintendo and..."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spent an afternoon blazed playing Tallowmere on the couch with my brother. great dumb hilarious couchgame times, even if graphically its kind of an abomination

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bowmore posted:

Hearthstone port?

reddit post is garbage lies

Hearthstone is fine, but I'd love to see Nintendo's take on an online CCG.

gently caress, I'd like to see more online CCGs period.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

GWENT is pretty decent

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
There needs to be some Mother 3 law about leaks. Any time that game is mentioned to be potentially coming out, we should immediately assume it's fake.

Policenaut posted:

but hey the guy got the Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 right so that's something?

Idk, the Nintendo and MVCI claims are extremely wild. Looks to me like one of those cases of "Someone had a little bit of dirt on an upcoming announcement, and used that as leverage to spout multiple wild theories" as we've seen a lot in the past.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They kinda have one: Pokémon TCG Online.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I would legit get back into street fighter if they add my boy Cody

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the truth posted:

I'm not sure what you're expecting here, it's a new release on the Switch, but it's a year old on other platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hearthstone is Unity and has a mobile version already so I can easily see that port happening. Soul Calibur 6 and World Ends With You 2 though I'll believe it when they're in my hands.

• Locked thread