Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Internet Kraken posted:

Calling Notch a game dev is funny given he hasn't produced anything in years and appears to have given up on anything other than twitter shitposting.

I'd like to see you keep your day job after a 2 billion dollar payout. I'm just surprised he's not been found dead after trying to snort a life-sized coke statue of himself.

Page snipe edit:
Cogmind is still great, still eating my face. I wish somehow the lore was more easily accessible/integrated ingame. Turns out I've known the keycode to the locked Recyclingdoor since almost day one, but didn't get a prompt to remind my dumb rear end when trying to hack it. Would also be nice to be able to not have to precisely recall how things are spelt when trying to do Schematics(), or even moreso for Query(), as I'm still in the phase of 'do suicide runs in order to unlock more lore'. Also I found a typo: In the description of explosive damage type, it says "...tend to reduce the 0 of salvage...".

Serephina fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

Holy gently caress Vanquisher++ the whip these are so player-made garbage items

No that angel is barely more than Balors and Molochs, that does not need a slay-all ultra item unless he intends for us to murder the entire pantheon

Let Us Kill All The Gods, imo. gimme the insane murder weapons to do it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

Let Us Kill All The Gods, imo. gimme the insane murder weapons to do it.

The new ending is called the Ultimate Nihilist ending...

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Mithross posted:

people are still exploring the new stuff, but there's a city with monks and poo poo in it that want you to find the orbs. no idea what's gonna wind up happening with that, but there's a bunch of monk related artifacts being datamined (that are overpowered as gently caress) so it might be endgame poo poo related. i'm excited to see teh dumb poo poo that biskup added

e: turns out at level 30 kherab will give you a third quest, telling you to "kill the seraphim champion of Order". cool

Kobold Sex Tape fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 13, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SPEAR

OF

RAW

STEEL

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

SPEAR

OF

RAW

STEEL

the datamined thing is actually a chainmail of raw steel. that for some reason says it give +0 toughness. also trying to do the seraphim quest crashes teh game right now. lol. b-b-beta test.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've always been of the opinion that crawl should have avatars of the gods as optional endgame challenges to fight but lmao nothing like that would ever happen especially since late game is still a dumpster fire

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mithross posted:

I suspect this ending may involve killing Andy without being crowned, and may provide a way to do it without saving Khelevaster.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I know what the ending is actually, but I imagine it changed a lot in the last ten years since it was a player idea on the forums. Supposedly it involves glitching Chaos so it overflow errors into reality, ending existence entirely.

Chainmail of Raw Steel. Oh boy. More useless items that hyper corrupt you without benefit. Now if that whip or murder knife had chaos on it, THOSE would be worth the risk/reward.

tombom
Mar 8, 2006

SettingSun posted:

I play 4.10 which you can get out of GitHub

Is there a precompiled windows binary anywhere? If not I'll put some time into setting up mingw or whatever, I'm just being lazy heh

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

tombom posted:

Is there a precompiled windows binary anywhere? If not I'll put some time into setting up mingw or whatever, I'm just being lazy heh

Check under Releases on that Github.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/GridSageGames/status/929879783235665920

:allears:

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

Holy gently caress Vanquisher++ the whip these are so player-made garbage items

No that angel is barely more than Balors and Molochs, that does not need a slay-all ultra item unless he intends for us to murder the entire pantheon

also turns out balors are 40pv. keriax is 50 pv and the angel has 400 more hp so yeah it's more than barely higher... buuut if it doesn't have threatening ranged options then it may as well be a moloch probably. but the new enemies biskup has been adding are loving threatening so he may be a real fucker.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
So apparently Biskup is going to be developing ADOM full time now, and create a new game called Ultimate Adom (instead of JADE or ADOM II), which by the looks of it will take place across multiple dimensions and may have a multiplayer online component to it. Crazy poo poo. Details:

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2017/11/five-adom-announcements-made-at.html

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's a positive review, right?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Checks out.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've always been of the opinion that crawl should have avatars of the gods as optional endgame challenges to fight but lmao nothing like that would ever happen especially since late game is still a dumpster fire

Hey, let me tell you about this game called Elona...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Murdering Order like you can Chaos would be good. Order is just as poo poo and corrupt and needs a hefty helping of MASS DEICIDE.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
There are so many small changes that I'm not used to get in ADOM. Like walking into a closed door bringing up an open or kick option, instead of a do you want to open y/n? Or the new pay menu.

But the one that annoys me the absolute most is esc doing nothing instead of letting me cast my loving spells. In what world should cast spell be capital Z?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

same world where Biskup controls game design and 'z' is wands and 'Z' is magic

And yeah no matter what buttons I press and modify, I still get the prompts to pop up and YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING mo- YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING just gently caress off god, the game used to play so much faster and better than this

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

same world where Biskup controls game design and 'z' is wands and 'Z' is magic

And yeah no matter what buttons I press and modify, I still get the prompts to pop up and YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING mo- YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING just gently caress off god, the game used to play so much faster and better than this

"Hide_Interruption_Messages = true
C option on the second page of the in-game config menu (=)"

sez the guy i know. biskup's attempts to help casuals out are kkkinda annoying

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Happylisk posted:

So apparently Biskup is going to be developing ADOM full time now, and create a new game called Ultimate Adom (instead of JADE or ADOM II), which by the looks of it will take place across multiple dimensions and may have a multiplayer online component to it. Crazy poo poo. Details:

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2017/11/five-adom-announcements-made-at.html

gently caress

gently caress

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

"Hide_Interruption_Messages = true
C option on the second page of the in-game config menu (=)"

sez the guy i know. biskup's attempts to help casuals out are kkkinda annoying

I did that

It didn't actually make it stop

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

I did that

It didn't actually make it stop

i havent hosed with any of this stuff cuz im kinda just waiting for 3.0.0 so uhhh post a screenshot and i'll get grond to look at it and see how to fix it. he says it might be the quick_hint_limit but idk

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i havent hosed with any of this stuff cuz im kinda just waiting for 3.0.0 so uhhh post a screenshot and i'll get grond to look at it and see how to fix it. he says it might be the quick_hint_limit but idk

I got it to work by opting into one of the betas

so, lol, gently caress if I know, and I still get window pop ups despite turning those off but it's better than before with a loving pop up for EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

I got it to work by opting into one of the betas

so, lol, gently caress if I know, and I still get window pop ups despite turning those off but it's better than before with a loving pop up for EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

yeah im not getting those messages so i dont know what the gently caress. the betas are all before the rolf patch and thus the Helpful New Player Bullshit so yeah they should just completely not have that stuff or the cool magic staves. r.i.p.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

no I am getting staffs and all new content.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

no I am getting staffs and all new content.

okay now i really dont know what's happening. im reporting you to biskup to ban you from adom somehow next time he rolls up into the discord to talk about how he horribly broke some code that fucks up the entire game again

e: note that i will not tell him to make the newbie poo poo not horrible or anything. just a ban request. also i'll post a picture of his face as an emoji

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TELL HIM I WILL loving FIGHT HIM

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

TELL HIM I WILL loving FIGHT HIM

he always shows up when i'm out doing things like a real jerk. you'd better believe his username on it is TheCreator btw. i'll yell at ravenmore or jt next time they show up at least

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I mean it's fine, the pop ups only happen for doors and like two other things now, I'm just gonna stop playing until 3.0 anyways because ADOM has changed so much I don't really feel like slugging away 1.1.1 style

But God please keep posting all the datamined lovely player artifacts, the statues were already embarrassing and these new "same as X art but MURDER BLACK and does OCTUPLE DAMAGE" are rich rich poo poo after ten goddamn years of the Black Tome, Cat's Claw, and all the other tepid garbage

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Black August posted:

I mean it's fine, the pop ups only happen for doors and like two other things now, I'm just gonna stop playing until 3.0 anyways because ADOM has changed so much I don't really feel like slugging away 1.1.1 style

But God please keep posting all the datamined lovely player artifacts, the statues were already embarrassing and these new "same as X art but MURDER BLACK and does OCTUPLE DAMAGE"

https://pastebin.com/iiNwMd3q look at these ridiculous things. they're loving crazy.

btw testing on the new stuff is hitting a brick wall because the new staircase it adds to the air temple (something about crystalline staircase or something) crashes the game. then the normal staircase crashes the game. also if youdont take the quest and the staircase never spawns it still crashes the game. hell yeah. there's like a randomly spawning goblin fortress that has a captive swordsman and loot in it which is cool, also a random town with hirable companions and the monks. people are still looking for where the dinosaurs and fungi spawn though.

e: the Whip That's Vanquisher But Better was confirmed to not a quest artifact btw. lmao

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Biskup The gently caress posted:

cornucopia {Ma+13}

It modifies your mana attribute by +13.
It on average recharging in 375-6000 (depending on other factors).
It grants luck.
It makes Fate smile upon you.

Zapping it crashes the game.

I'm reading own the page and screaming without being able to stop, only rise or fall in pitch

and yet God does not answer

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

https://pastebin.com/iiNwMd3q look at these ridiculous things. they're loving crazy.

btw testing on the new stuff is hitting a brick wall because the new staircase it adds to the air temple (something about crystalline staircase or something) crashes the game. then the normal staircase crashes the game. also if youdont take the quest and the staircase never spawns it still crashes the game. hell yeah. there's like a randomly spawning goblin fortress that has a captive swordsman and loot in it which is cool, also a random town with hirable companions and the monks. people are still looking for where the dinosaurs and fungi spawn though.

e: the Whip That's Vanquisher But Better was confirmed to not a quest artifact btw. lmao

Now I'm torn, I wanna keep playing and check out the new stuff, but not if it's just going to crash (yes I knew we're talking about ADOM so that was always a possibility)

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Mithross posted:

Now I'm torn, I wanna keep playing and check out the new stuff, but not if it's just going to crash (yes I knew we're talking about ADOM so that was always a possibility)

biskup said he'd be back in germany in like two days to fix the horrible bugs he made so you could wait a bit. the rolf quest backer pre-releases needed a couple revisions before they stopped having horrible game ending crashes with all the new content. so uhhh you could always wait, i guess!

speaking of new content, grond found the fungi place, it's a new staircase in the animated forest and it's 3 floors long and filled with dudes that are kinda wimpy but some of them have paralysis attacks and mean status effect breaths. neato.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Biskup's already been hacking away at all the broken 3.0.0 still while he was listening to further talks at the Roguelike Celebration, so I imagine things will shape up in due time.

Definitely the surprise news that stole the show in terms of ADOM having a secured and terrifyingly bolstered future---JADE was always going to run into a brick wall on account of the aims of using the bloodiest bleeding edge of Java combined with NotEYE not actually supporting Java on top of everything else. Bring on Ultimate and all the ensuing madness, Biskup has 2 years to become more powerful than he's ever been with Shadow of the Wyrm and Numenfall having the liveliest of competition and camaraderie afoot~

Also looking forward to seeing how the prism of madness and anime filters all these extravagant ADOM happenings to the folks behind Elona+...

tombom
Mar 8, 2006

SettingSun posted:

Check under Releases on that Github.

OH wow I'd never seen that tab on github before! Thank you so much!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No problem! One note about that version: as far as I can tell it doesn't autosave, so don't do what I did and try to save scum to save a hippie from being beaten and lose the entire save file.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i had to look up a guide for caves of qud because i thought you have to take the one non-slimy shaft at golgotha and i kept dying instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Venuz Patrol posted:

i had to look up a guide for caves of qud because i thought you have to take the one non-slimy shaft at golgotha and i kept dying instantly
Too late to help, but if you look at those pits they say they are too deep to descend safely.