Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

eddiewalker posted:

General>wake>auto-launch audio

I was just about to ask about this, I always have audio controls up when I get out of the car. Thanks.

After hesitating and posting here a while ago I bought a Series 2 and it's great. Before buying I was browsing loads of different bands, assuming I'd want something other than the black sport band that came with it, but I actually really like it. Unobtrusive and smart enough for most of the time.

That said, has anyone come across a metal band with this type of clasp (42mm if it matters)? I loved this when I used to have a Skagen watch - easy to close, secure, and continuously adjustable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's pretty much the Milanese Loop, swap the buckle with a magnet. Don't let that scare you, it works really well.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

enojy posted:

That's pretty much the Milanese Loop, swap the buckle with a magnet. Don't let that scare you, it works really well.

No, it doesn't, and it weakens with time. It's fine, not great. It loosens over the day and many of us have noted it needing to be adjusted and unlocked again with each adjustment.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just find that kind of band for regular watches and buy adapters.

E: This (24mm for a 42mm Watch): http://a.co/9hbOVSx
These: http://a.co/6kduVIG

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 12, 2017

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Bobstar posted:

That said, has anyone come across a metal band with this type of clasp (42mm if it matters)? I loved this when I used to have a Skagen watch - easy to close, secure, and continuously adjustable.

I feel like I'm turning into a monowear shill but the mesh loop is very similar http://amzn.to/2yw2MDi

Goes great with my SS and it's now my favorite band.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

After the first day or two of having the watch, my notification Haptics have stopped working. I get the screen notification but it doesn’t buzz. I have Haptics turned on, max intensity, and it’s not silenced. Am I missing a non-obvious setting or something? A reboot didn’t fix it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You may have some notifications set to “mirror my phone” and the vibrate on the phone is off for some reason.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

A reboot of my phone fixed it. Weird. 11.2 beta so :shrug:

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

For some reason today, out of the blue, all my iMessages from my watch (S3 LTE) are showing as coming from one of my associated email accounts and not the telephone number they always come from before.

Did the normal iMessage troubleshooting, turning iMesssage off and on again, the "start conversations from:" is properly set in my Messages > Send & Receive settings.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Grassy Knowles posted:

No, it doesn't, and it weakens with time. It's fine, not great. It loosens over the day and many of us have noted it needing to be adjusted and unlocked again with each adjustment.

Mine's still fine after a year plus of wearing it snug, but knock on wood.

Does anyone know what Apple says to something like that? As expensive as that band is, I wonder how they'd treat out of warranty claims at the fruit stand.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

enojy posted:

Mine's still fine after a year plus of wearing it snug, but knock on wood.

Does anyone know what Apple says to something like that? As expensive as that band is, I wonder how they'd treat out of warranty claims at the fruit stand.

They’d treat it as out of warranty. Unless there’s some kind of quality program. Or unless they feel like an exception.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
is anyone else using Dark Sky and finding the complication on Watch OS 4 just says "Dark Sky" instead of the actual weather?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

is anyone else using Dark Sky and finding the complication on Watch OS 4 just says "Dark Sky" instead of the actual weather?

Just bought the app a couple days ago and I had that happen yesterday. Opening the app on my phone fixed it.

I'm also seeing an issue where it says "rain soon" on the watch complication, but when you tap on it, there's no indication that rain is coming. It doesn't give the time bar graph of the rain %. For as much as everyone raves about this app, I'm actually kind of disappointed :(

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
The Dark Sky complication has sucked for over a year. “Rain soon” is apparently its default state, because it’s said that every time I’ve tried it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know that was a bug for a while, but I haven't had that problem in ages.

But after a restart, you do need to launch the app to get the complication to update again.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i keep dark sky on one face just in case, but it’s never work consistently. I’ve given up because the stock weather complication is so much better at staying updated and following location.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Mine was being funny. Then I upgraded to the watch 4.2 beta. Now it works fine.
Try maybe reinstalling the app too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
ATT for the Apple Watch are loving garbage. 60$ in activation fees and surcharges. I'm loving done with them and switching over to Tmobile.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Every time my mom texts me my apple watch shows an old text notification from last week. Any ideas why that might be happening?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was having that problem. Reboot fixed it

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

ATT for the Apple Watch are loving garbage. 60$ in activation fees and surcharges. I'm loving done with them and switching over to Tmobile.

Activation should have been free, right? It was for me, at least. May want to call them, especially if you're on a corporate discount.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just bought the app a couple days ago and I had that happen yesterday. Opening the app on my phone fixed it.

I'm also seeing an issue where it says "rain soon" on the watch complication, but when you tap on it, there's no indication that rain is coming. It doesn't give the time bar graph of the rain %. For as much as everyone raves about this app, I'm actually kind of disappointed :(

Mmph, That worked. Let's see if it lasts!

Thanks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Activation should have been free, right? It was for me, at least. May want to call them, especially if you're on a corporate discount.

Not on a corporate discount, called, got hung up on, called again, denied. I just said gently caress it and switched to Tmobile and I didn't activate the watch. I don't think I used cellular more than once or twice the whole time and this is saving me money. I've been with them for 10 years and I've never been this pissed.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Re: Weather complications - Dark Sky sucks on the watch. Try Carrot Weather instead. It has the same information and accuracy as Dark Sky, but with a watch face complication that actually works!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Not on a corporate discount, called, got hung up on, called again, denied. I just said gently caress it and switched to Tmobile and I didn't activate the watch. I don't think I used cellular more than once or twice the whole time and this is saving me money. I've been with them for 10 years and I've never been this pissed.

That seems odd. Maybe it's my corporate discount that gets free activation on the watch. That sucks.

On another tangent, I'm having an issue with starting a working on the Strong app in my phone, but the watch not recognizing it was started, and starts a fresh new workout on the watch. Vice versa as well. If I start a workout on the watch, the phone app won't see it as started as well.

This led to me getting workout data on my phone, but it has no heart beat data, despite the data being on the watch. It's not syncing between the 2 for some reason.

It had been working last week, but ATT had me re-pair my watch since I was having cellular activation issues. Could it be related to that? I keep getting messages on the watch saying my routines are updated, but it can't see my session in progress from the phone, nor get a rest timer screen on the watch.

e: I did do the "reset apple watch" thing in the Strong settings.

e2: Blah, re-installing the watch app made it work again.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 13, 2017

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

That seems odd. Maybe it's my corporate discount that gets free activation on the watch. That sucks.

On another tangent, I'm having an issue with starting a working on the Strong app in my phone, but the watch not recognizing it was started, and starts a fresh new workout on the watch. Vice versa as well. If I start a workout on the watch, the phone app won't see it as started as well.

This led to me getting workout data on my phone, but it has no heart beat data, despite the data being on the watch. It's not syncing between the 2 for some reason.

It had been working last week, but ATT had me re-pair my watch since I was having cellular activation issues. Could it be related to that? I keep getting messages on the watch saying my routines are updated, but it can't see my session in progress from the phone, nor get a rest timer screen on the watch.

e: I did do the "reset apple watch" thing in the Strong settings.

In my case as well, it was the corporate FAN discount that has waived activation fees.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
For people having issues with Dark Sky, especially since upgrading, you might want to check the location permissions the app has on the iPhone. I had to go back in to the iPhone app and re-enable it to use location services at any time because it had changed for some reason to "only while using the app." That fixed all of my issues with the app and the complication is working as well as it always did (which is pretty well at showing the temp when rain isn't imminent).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

One week with this "OEM" stainless link bracelet and loving it so far. Quality is very good, and it hasn't unclasped once. I went with he regular stainless, not the black so I can't speak to the quality of the paint on that one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C8NG2VW/

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Matt Zerella posted:

One week with this "OEM" stainless link bracelet and loving it so far. Quality is very good, and it hasn't unclasped once. I went with he regular stainless, not the black so I can't speak to the quality of the paint on that one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C8NG2VW/

The stainless ones are good enough. I had a top4cus SS link band for my SS S0 and was fine with it, but I was dissatisfied with the SBSS for my s2. The paint never looked right and the tiny flaws seemed to be magnified by it.
Eventually I got an authentic SBSS link band for 180 off eBay and it’s been on my wrist for like a year, totally worth it. Not $450 worth it though.
The real SBSS link band has the same impervious, silky tDLC finish the watch does, and the actual Apple link band has better fit and tolerances in the links and clasp. Everything snaps together solidly and moves effortlessly.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just for shits and giggles, I put the Dark Sky complication in the upper corner, and along the bottom. Both of them are telling me different temperatures. What the hell? Also, why does it take 10 seconds to get my forecast when I tap on the complication? If background refresh is on (which it is for complications), shouldn't it have the temp already?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Any tips for upgrading to a new Watch? I have a bunch of gift cards I'm going to redeem and upgrade from my S0 to S3 LTE. Do I just unpair my current Watch and then pair the new one? My biggest concern is losing my health data, but I guess that's all on my phone and not the watch itself.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
You could just pair the new watch and see what happens. I bet that will suffice.

If you wanna make sure, unpair your old one (this creates a backup) and then restore from said backup while setting up the new watch.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I just made the same leap a few weeks ago. I didn't bother to unpair my old watch or anything, simply went to setup the new watch and it took care of everything else for me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just for shits and giggles, I put the Dark Sky complication in the upper corner, and along the bottom. Both of them are telling me different temperatures. What the hell? Also, why does it take 10 seconds to get my forecast when I tap on the complication? If background refresh is on (which it is for complications), shouldn't it have the temp already?

The entire Watch experience (complication and app) are poo poo for me, too. Sucks, because I bought it specifically for watch use. Im glad the iOS app is at least good, otherwise I probably would've looked into a refund.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Because the Dark Sky watchOS app is hot garbage?

Seriously - use Carrot Weather. You’ll be way happier.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Or just use the stock weather app. It’s always been accurate for me and naturally works well on watch.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Apparently the series 2 won't pair w/ a 5/5c, though it did last year when the series 2 launched?

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Turnquiet posted:

Apparently the series 2 won't pair w/ a 5/5c, though it did last year when the series 2 launched?

I guess it’s cause watchOS 4 needs iOS 11, Which won’t run on 32 bit hardware

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
So I scratched my sapphire display already. Can these be buffed out?
I saw some recommendations for diamond paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’d you scratch it? Not trying to be snarky, just curious.