Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

I haven't hated the Jason Jordan angle, but it really hinges on what follows after this week.

The fact that it's been so static in the past few months has helped naturally keep him in a spot where he's pretty good in terms of kayfabe, but still unproven enough that some can accuse him of nepotism. He wins plenty of regular matches, but nothing high-profile. His "opportunities" have been getting cheated out of an IC title match (that he earned a shot at after purposely giving himself worse odds) and taking on the company's top two faces. All the while, he knows that nobody really respects him for his own merits and he's specifically told not to act out on that. All he can do is try to earn an opportunity, prove himself and hope that's enough.

So he wins a feud that doesn't even really involved Angle in any way. He gets a spot on the Survivor Series team and gets his much-needed opportunity. Stephanie rolls her eyes at this because the other team has Cena, so Jordan proves himself some more by pinning a former WWE Champion clean in the center of the ring in response. Stephanie even looked placated in that for a second. But he was deemed not good enough because he got jumped after the match. His desperation finally showed and in his attempt to garner any kind of sympathy, he got violently shoved aside for his troubles.

Monday has to be his breaking point for this story to work. I don't figure he'll get a match against Triple H, but I would like him to either betray Angle or just go completely unhinged and constantly hunt down and brutalize Wyatt. Just have him do something new so the crowd has a reason to latch onto him one way or another.

If he's not dead yet a feud with Bray Wyatt will end him for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
We would never have these Bray Wyatt "kills peoples heat/momentum" problems if WWE would just bring back Husky Harris. :colbert:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jason Jordan should join the wyatt family

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How many people have had a feud with Bray and not been hurt by it? Roman Reigns?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

How many people have had a feud with Bray and not been hurt by it? Roman Reigns?

Seth found his footing as a babyface by losing twice to Bray Wyatt. :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bray Wyatt lost his return match and it's not even the funniest thing to happen on that show. Talk about burying the lede.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

We would never have these Bray Wyatt "kills peoples heat/momentum" problems if WWE would just bring back Husky Harris. :colbert:

They had the chance during the Orton feud and nobody would have been upset if they'd taken it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Cena, and Orton too I guess. Just goes to show that his role really is jobber to the stars and anything he does that isn't losing to top guys just doesn't matter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Daniel Bryan I guess, otoh literally nothing could have killed D-Bry's momentum in early '14 apart from a neck injury

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In 2018, would you rather have a Bray feud or a Kane feud? (Braun will have both)

You know, it's not too late for Triple H to be the first to break Ric Flair's record.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 15, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Kane.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah, working with Kane has a much lower risk of catching a disease your vaccination might have lapsed on

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

When was the last time someone even walked away from a Triple H feud looking better? The Seth face turn was an awful build and match. Roman lost the belt, Dean got buried, and then Roman got the belt back to the same boos. The Authority vs Roman was very very very bad. I really don't think "He puts over the babyface" works because the last few times he has shown up the feud was bad and the baby face was probably Roman.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

When was the last time someone even walked away from a Triple H feud looking better? The Seth face turn was an awful build and match. Roman lost the belt, Dean got buried, and then Roman got the belt back to the same boos. The Authority vs Roman was very very very bad. I really don't think "He puts over the babyface" works because the last few times he has shown up the feud was bad and the baby face was probably Roman.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Daniel Bryan I guess, otoh literally nothing could have killed D-Bry's momentum in early '14 apart from a neck injury

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dean didn't get buried by HHH, dude, that's 100% Lesnar.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

HHH won at the Rumble, beat Dean at fastlane, and then Dean lost a Triple Threat to become the 1# contender. That's not really a burial but it is a good baby face not being put over in exchange for Roman.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ziggler, Kane, and Bray in a 3 way feud to see who gets buried worst would be neat. Throw in a bunch of occult stuff and a love angle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean if the point we've arrived at is they should've put Dean over at that space in time, you'll hear no arguments from me. But I thought Dean vs. HHH was really good and easily the best singles match he's had with any of the Shield.

Blaise330 posted:

Ziggler, Kane, and Bray in a 3 way feud to see who gets buried worst would be neat. Throw in a bunch of occult stuff and a love angle.

Finally, my Kane/Bray OTP comes true.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

VJeff posted:

Look, if you're sick of HHH, you're sick of the guy and I can't do anything about that and I respect that that's how you feel. I'm not even a big fan of this segment, 'cause I was kinda hoping Jordan might do something that got him jumpstarted as a babyface at Survivor Series. But when somebody goes "eh, this is probably an upgrade on balance" and the response is like two-plus pages of ranting on how it's completely impossible to like HHH without being a retard baby idiot and listing all these poo poo angles he's ever been involved in and just what an absolute scumsucking fuckbag he is and how there's absolutely nothing redeemable about the dude or his career?

I think it's overreacting a bit.

Lmao dude I haven't said any of these things you're having a conversation with your own head

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

it wouldn't be overreacting anyway

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The Jason jordan angle is stupid because it's not building to any match in particular. Like it's a stupid idea already but at least be building to a match down the line. It was literally a shock moment to be a shock moment. There is nothing else to it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also it split up American Alpha for it, who were cool and good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

In 2018, would you rather have a Bray feud or a Kane feud? (Braun will have both)

Kane and it's not even close

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

It sure would have been overreacting if anyone here had said any of those things you just made up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

The Jason jordan angle is stupid because it's not building to any match in particular. Like it's a stupid idea already but at least be building to a match down the line. It was literally a shock moment to be a shock moment. There is nothing else to it.

It’s probably building to trips and Kurt at mania imo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It’s probably building to trips and Kurt at mania imo

Which is absolutely loving baffling.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wish HHH nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

The sweet release of death

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

They're finally paying off the love triangle angle!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fabulous little segment from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03Dv-Mbp2g

Miss that era of Smackdown so hard.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Which is absolutely loving baffling.

Unless you mean Kurt shouldn't ever wrestle again (especially when they won't clear Bryan) in which case I agree, why? It's a spectacle match that might bring in theoretical casual viewers and it doesn't waste somebody who could be doing something better (a la AJ/Shane).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Bray Wyatt is Kane but better, and Bray's still pretty bad. Bray at least has some potential to be decent and is pretty entertaining in how goofy his feuds get.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
going to laugh if kurt "snaps" shane's ankle in revenge so that shane can have the holidays off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rovert posted:

Fabulous little segment from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03Dv-Mbp2g

Miss that era of Smackdown so hard.

I just don't understand why Survivor Series turns every face in WWE into the Four Horsemen willing to beat down and hurt anyone to protect... their color of t-shirt?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Unless you mean Kurt shouldn't ever wrestle again (especially when they won't clear Bryan) in which case I agree, why? It's a spectacle match that might bring in theoretical casual viewers and it doesn't waste somebody who could be doing something better (a la AJ/Shane).

its a meaningless match that has no consequences and it takes time away from the full-time workers. there is no such thing as a casual viewer anymore. HHH and Angle aren't spectacles like Goldberg or Lesnar.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

I just don't understand why Survivor Series turns every face in WWE into the Four Horsemen willing to beat down and hurt anyone to protect... their color of t-shirt?

Brand loyalty, something KO and Sami know nothing about

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

Brand loyalty, something KO and Sami know nothing about

Weren't they actually pretty mad they didn't make their teams too?

The 205 Live guys seem to largely be unaffected by this strange phenomena.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

its a meaningless match that has no consequences and it takes time away from the full-time workers. there is no such thing as a casual viewer anymore. HHH and Angle aren't spectacles like Goldberg or Lesnar.

All I can say is meh. I can't bring forth the energy to really be mad about it, especially in hypothetical (it's probably going to happen).

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
HHH has already crossed the Jericho line where beating him at Mania doesn’t really give someone a rub anymore because he’s lost so much people just know he’s going to again unless he’s facing a former WCW main eventer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ragnarok the Red posted:

HHH has already crossed the Jericho line where beating him at Mania doesn’t really give someone a rub anymore because he’s lost so much people just know he’s going to again unless he’s facing a former WCW main eventer.

The world is ready for HHH vs. Vince Russo at Wrestlemania.

• Locked thread