Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/930553428845170689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

Star Citizen and CR a long (sorry) analogy :

The most luxurious ship in the world, the RMS Titanic is sinking having struck an iceberg on her starboard bow, her bow is now under water up to the bridge and the lower decks are flooding fast, dragging the ill fated vessel to her doom. Captain Smith, a man of reputation and an experienced sailor, runs aft towards the galley, dodging through the crowd of over paying passengers, pausing only for autographs and to "um, er, 3 point oh" away questions of their fate. He finally reaches the galley, catching his breath and giving a cursory glace at the inventory of stores he spies the item he needs to save the ship.

Captain Smith, marches purposefully at an angle to counter the now heavily listing ship, to a fine glass cupboard, the engravings are wonderful. He reaches in and collects a small ornate sherry glass, with his prize secured he now begins to head downwards, into the bowels of the ship where he can work his way forward towards the damage. The lights are flickering as the doomed vessels electric generators and batteries are damaged by the salty brine welling up from the lower decks, he presses on into the gloom, water shin deep to start with but within a few short minutes he finds himself wading knee, then waist, then neck deep in frothy brine.

Finally, he has gone as far as he can, he is directly below the bridge and deep within the ship. Clamping an arm around an overhead freshwater pipe he retrieves the sherry glass from his jacket pocket, dips it into the seawater and then with a grimace and steely determination, turns to make the trip back to the upper promenade. The swim is perilous and long, but finally the water level becomes gradually lower until he see's the picture postcard perfect starry sky above. The over paying passengers see him rise from the service hatch, and gasp.

The Captain has only one final task to complete to save his beloved ship, with one hand over the top of the sherry glass to prevent the liquid from escaping, he strides confidently as far astern as he can, fighting gravity as the angle of the deck becomes ever steeper. He reaches the handrail of the port side promenade, the now silent crowd of passengers watch intently as their savior finishes what he started. In one deft move, Smith lifts his hand from the sherry glass and simultaniously pours the contained saltwater over the side back to whence it came.

The passengers erupt in a cacophony of roaring cheers that shakes and rattles the very deck they are standing on, arms are flung high, smiles abound "He's done it, we're saved!!" they chant almost in unison, eyes bulging, faces reddening, capileries bursting with the screaching effort. Lifting the brave Captain onto their shoulders, they parade him over to the starboard side and place him down, he nods and smiles, then jumps on the jetski which is packed with moneybags he had parked beside the ship and fucks off leaving them all to die while he laughs all the way to the bank. The end.

:)

Wait a minute here...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I know you don't do commentary but it's worth noting he literally has this backwards. You can still comment on posts for the next week but can't submit anything new.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Please don't compare The Titanic to the flaming poop bag that is SC, The Titanic is a nice poster.

Thank you! :3:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Pantsbird posted:

Didn't see this video posted here.

Player disables a pirate ship and then tries to board it. The door to the cockpit won't open. That's ok; our hero is able to glitch through the door. The pirates seem resigned to their fate, remaining in their seats. One guy really likes his seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSP4IS6ZcA&t=438s

Haha, at 7:07 the player shoots the pirate pilot in the head, causing him to shout "Hold still!"

Odd... it's almost like the combat barks are the same for the ship and the pilot... almost like their the same thing.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

That's Captain Smith. He was from Stoke on Trent (Etruria), but they initially refused his statue, so it stands just opposite Lichfield cathedral. I have placed a traffic cone on his head, circa 1993. Stoke-on-Trent decided they wanted the statue back when the movie got big, but Lichfield told them to go shove it.

Edit: That's my titanic story.

I’m honored they erect statues for the guys who go down on me. :sureboat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dog creature, bat creature, and owl creature.

Hope I kept the spirit of it all! Heck, get the language guy to spruce them up for $10k:

D’og kree’chure, b’tak kree’chure, a’nd berr’duh kree’chure.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Wait a minute here...

RMS Titanic
=/=
The Titanic

2 ships, 1 fate.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What a crackpot.

What a game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good god this guy. :lol:

Get over it, friend. Find your inner chill.

Derek is just another dude. So is Chris Roberts. I don’t want anything unhealthy to happen to either, and I bet both probably had a dinner more expensive than the food I’ll eat all week. But it’s ok!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ok, so I'm having this issue where I'm not sure if I should assume Samfreez is a simpleton and laugh at him or just flat out feel really bad for him.

What do?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://i.imgur.com/0EbWl6P.gifv

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Star Citizen: 15 companys

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

Ok, so I'm having this issue where I'm not sure if I should assume Samfreez is a simpleton and laugh at him or just flat out feel really bad for him.

What do?

If in range, hoof to the balls

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
why is it that the stupidest people on the SC subreddit (not like true believers, like straight up dense) all pick the onion knight guy avatar. It triggers me a bit now.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

If in range, hoof to the balls

Good to see you playing it safe and not giving into your incredibly violent nature Peter. :)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

My father he was, ah, how to say. Roof man. He sometimes makes deliveries, off normal book. For this? New company. Legit sales, no issue. You need hardware, original tag? Easy for sale if cash in hand. Car airbags, phone card, spaceship? Same day. No skeevy.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man ever since twitter updated to 280 characters that minus 5 IQ Derek guy has been dedicated to really putting a lot into each tweet

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

man ever since twitter updated to 280 characters that minus 5 IQ Derek guy has been dedicated to really putting a lot into each tweet

Imagine if he would write a blog.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

This applies to at least 2 games from Digital Anvil's catalog that they were forced to sell to Ubisoft.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

Joystick chat makes me uncomfortable.

thinking about that grime

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://i.imgur.com/H63ADOn.gifv

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Keep up the good work.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thatguy posted:

Keep up the good work.

Keep doing what you're doing

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm sure Derek is relieved that they feel the best way for him to die is naturally.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Beet Wagon posted:

CR isn't a failure because he was smart enough to make Microsoft force him off the Freelancer team :smuggo:

How many of these people drive to work every day?

Can you not doxx me pls.

I am very serious and wrathful.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

Each character not spent is not refunded.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://i.imgur.com/ML4i6mC.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/qpQX9Xf.mp4

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What I love about this is how he gets progressively more angry as he imagines the replies to his defence and tries to head them off before they can reply :allears:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:discourse:

Both are great. :)

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Warhawk109 posted:

SWBF2 is pretty fun. Only been doing Single Player so far. I loved flying the TIE Fighter into the rebel hanger and blowing people/ships up.

Thanks for actively killing gaming, jerk.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Which goon is Major Tom?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

:perfect:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

BluesShaman posted:

Which goon is Major Tom?

:pgabz:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Hav posted:

That's Captain Smith. He was from Stoke on Trent (Etruria), but they initially refused his statue, so it stands just opposite Lichfield cathedral. I have placed a traffic cone on his head, circa 1993. Stoke-on-Trent decided they wanted the statue back when the movie got big, but Lichfield told them to go shove it.

Edit: That's my titanic story.

Is there a statue for the 1500 people he killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

BluesShaman posted:

Which goon is Major Tom?

We all are. :pgabz: