Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FooF posted:

I got my Win 10 Pro off of Kinguin for something like $25. They take Paypal so there was no risk on my end. You have to go through the phone authentication thing but mine is a legit copy. I would have gone through the SA Mart goon but didn't know about it until after I purchased everything. I also got Office 2016 for like $10 at Kinguin (also works flawlessly).

Office for $10 sounds too good to be true, to an even greater degree than cheap windows. What's the catch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oww My Eye
Jun 22, 2006
Got me a movie
I'm planning on building a new gaming pc and have been playing around with builds based on a Acer - Predator X34 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor and a 1080Ti.

This pushes my budget to its limit, and I was wondering if I could expect black friday/cyber monday deals on these parts and if so, how much?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Oww My Eye posted:

I'm planning on building a new gaming pc and have been playing around with builds based on a Acer - Predator X34 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor and a 1080Ti.

This pushes my budget to its limit, and I was wondering if I could expect black friday/cyber monday deals on these parts and if so, how much?

You should try to get the 34" Alienware for $1000 if you don't have the X34 already.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I bought two keys from that BrownThunder guy in the SA-Mart and they worked for what it's worth.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but if I change my mobo/cpu/RAM but keep my SSD will I need a new key for windows 10?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
If the chipset changes you probably need to reinstall the OS. I bought a Z370 board and ended up having to swap it for another board. When I reloaded I had to call to swap the license over to the new CPU / Mobo combo. Note that this starts from a valid OEM Windows 10 key. 7 upgrades may work differently.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I am planning on reinstalling the OS. It's one of those keys from SA-mart. I believe it's a 7 upgrade?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
If you want cheap Microsoft products check if your employer is part of the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP).

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Looking to get an i7-8700k in the near future and looking to pair it with 16gb of RAM. What would you guys recommend as a good mobo/RAM/cooler combination in the $700-800 range, with the processor eating up about $420 of that?

Thinking about going with these:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1H68938
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157789
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232181

The total comes out to $800 with the processor. Any suggestions for different components that would be better but still keep me in budget?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1H68938
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157789

The total comes out to $800 with the processor. Any suggestions for different components that would be better but still keep me in budget?

Looks good to me. You could save a little on the cooler with a lower end cryorig but the bigger is always better :)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm not sure if this would be a better choice, but you can get Corsair Vengeance LPX for $8 more with promo code CORSAIR8

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

Office for $10 sounds too good to be true, to an even greater degree than cheap windows. What's the catch?

You're buying from the gray market. You may or may not get a working key though Kinguin offers "insurance" for a few bucks in case you get a bad one. Keys came within a few hours of purchase and like I said, I've had no issues.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Current system is over 4 years old and it's time to get a new one.

What country are you in? US

What are you using the system for? Gaming (Wolfenstein, Civ V, Overwatch, Shadow of Mordor, The Witcher)

What's your budget? Under $3,000 including two monitors

If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution? 1440p
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($414.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($63.75 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($207.84 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($748.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Dell - AW3418DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120Hz Monitor ($999.99 @ Dell)
Total: $2908.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-15 22:28 EST-0500

My main goal of the build is to finally be able to play new games at the most ultra settings instead of needing to lower them as I do now.
I'm in no rush to purchase. Hoping once the holidays roll around I can get lucky and get some better deals.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Updated the CPU to the 8700K as suggested below. Swapped out monitors, ram and cooler.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 16, 2017

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-
My current system is 7ish years old and it's time for a upgrade.

UK
Used for mostly gaming

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£262.25 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£179.89 @ Box Limited)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£107.50 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£54.50 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (£743.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I'd like it to last for a few years as I've got another kid on the way and those things aren't cheap. I'm willing to be talked in/out of any of the choices. Do I need the i7-8700 would I be better just getting the i5 instead, I'm not going to be overclocking anytime soon. What cooler do I need. The only thing I'd really like is the gtx 1080ti.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Digital Jedi posted:

Current system is over 4 years old and it's time to get a new one.

What country are you in? US

What are you using the system for? Gaming (Wolfenstein, Civ V, Overwatch, Shadow of Mordor, The Witcher)

What's your budget? Under $3,000 including two monitors

If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution? 1440p

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($279.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L12 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($194.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($207.84 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($748.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($599.99 @ B&H)
Monitor: AOC - Q2781PQ 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($329.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $2749.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-15 15:56 EST-0500

My main goal of the build is to finally be able to play new games at the most ultra settings instead of needing to lower them as I do now.
I'm in no rush to purchase. Hoping once the holidays roll around I can get lucky and get some better deals.

Thanks in advance

If you're planning on spending nearly $3000, there's no reason *not* to get an 8700K over an 8600K.

Other than that, I might advise that in lieu of twin 1440p monitors, that you consider a *single* Alienware/Dell 34" Ultrawide - those are going for ~$1000 right now, and it has 100-120Hz G-Sync.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If you're planning on spending nearly $3000, there's no reason *not* to get an 8700K over an 8600K.

Other than that, I might advise that in lieu of twin 1440p monitors, that you consider a *single* Alienware/Dell 34" Ultrawide - those are going for ~$1000 right now, and it has 100-120Hz G-Sync.

I replaced the CPU. I thought I had the 8700K but whoops.

On the monitor end, that doesn't sound that bad of an idea. Would save me from buying a second monitor since I can just use one I currently have.

MobMentality
Aug 22, 2007

I'm Mike Doyle.
I'm toying with building again...feedback, as always, is appreciated.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BgtHwV

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.1 CFM CPU Cooler ($21.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($163.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($95.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Samsung - U28E590D 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1751.28

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So the vendor I ordered my case + PSU from (NCIX) has gone tits up and while I do the chargeback on my CC I am thinking of instead going for a cube case that I can horizontal mount the mATX motherboard.

Something like the Air 240 or Thermaltake V21, but nicer quality like Phanteks. Does anything like that exist? I was kinda set on the Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass but I do like the horizontal motherboard idea.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

priznat posted:

So the vendor I ordered my case + PSU from (NCIX) has gone tits up and while I do the chargeback on my CC I am thinking of instead going for a cube case that I can horizontal mount the mATX motherboard.

Something like the Air 240 or Thermaltake V21, but nicer quality like Phanteks. Does anything like that exist? I was kinda set on the Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass but I do like the horizontal motherboard idea.

The Lian Li PC-O series comes to mind (don't blame me when your eyes bug out at the price), as it's one of those cases that resembles a console and can be mounted horizontally or vertically.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 16, 2017

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Lian Li PC-O series comes to mind (don't blame me when your eyes bug out at the price), as it's one of those cases that resembles a console and can be mounted horizontally or vertically.

I peeked at some of the lian lis (man they have been expensive as hell for forever) but even price aside none of them really got me too interested.

I'll probably just hunt down another retailer for the phanteks. The V21 is pretty compelling and is very cheap (and looks kinda cheap too, unfortunately).

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
My current system has an i5 3570k (stock, I never got around to overclocking it). How big of a deal is the current generation compared to that? I'm considering getting a new monitor to replace my current seven-year-old U2311H, and I'm looking at 27" at either 2560x1440 or 4k. I currently have a GF 970 that I got used from a friend a while ago, and especially if I go for 4k I figure I should probably upgrade that. Two questions arise from that though: how far should I upgrade the GPU, and should I also upgrade the CPU while I'm at it?

e: also, how big of a deal is G-sync? Should I wait for that new HDMI refresh thing that's supposed to come next year, are there any advantages to that?

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 16, 2017

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Well Silverstone demoed this case a while ago. Their Malaysian fb site said a few weeks ago that release is imminent, and now here it is:

https://m.hexus.net/tech/news/chassis/112235-silverstone-redline-rl07-series-mid-tower-chassis-now-available/

I'm afraid to hotlink and dunno where to host images these days. Anyways that 2-part front is pretty sweet design and shouldn't restrict airflow too much. I only wish they made a bare metal colored one too.

E:

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 16, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

TheFluff posted:

My current system has an i5 3570k (stock, I never got around to overclocking it). How big of a deal is the current generation compared to that? I'm considering getting a new monitor to replace my current seven-year-old U2311H, and I'm looking at 27" at either 2560x1440 or 4k. I currently have a GF 970 that I got used from a friend a while ago, and especially if I go for 4k I figure I should probably upgrade that. Two questions arise from that though: how far should I upgrade the GPU, and should I also upgrade the CPU while I'm at it?

e: also, how big of a deal is G-sync? Should I wait for that new HDMI refresh thing that's supposed to come next year, are there any advantages to that?

Before you do anything, overclock that sucker. Mine runs at 4.4ghz like a dream. It's free performance you are leaving on the table.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I managed to get this deal! it's still available if you are lucky.

Edit: Alienware i5-8400, 1060 for $750, +$100 to make it 1070

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 16, 2017

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

willroc7 posted:

Before you do anything, overclock that sucker. Mine runs at 4.4ghz like a dream. It's free performance you are leaving on the table.

Yeah, I guess it's not that hard. I probably need a better cooler, but that's cheap.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

TheFluff posted:

Yeah, I guess it's not that hard. I probably need a better cooler, but that's cheap.

I ran 4.2 on the stock cooler for 4 years then my temps shot up, I think the thermal paste dried out? I put a Hyper T4 on there (~$20) and now it runs great at 4.4. I could probably push it farther as well but I never tried.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FooF posted:

You're buying from the gray market. You may or may not get a working key though Kinguin offers "insurance" for a few bucks in case you get a bad one. Keys came within a few hours of purchase and like I said, I've had no issues.

What does gray market mean? Is this legal? If it's piracy, you might as well not pay anything right?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

What does gray market mean? Is this legal? If it's piracy, you might as well not pay anything right?

Its not really illegal. Ita a "grey area" because your often buying keys that were sold to people in bulk for use with company computers and not intended for home builders.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
I'm looking for a wireless keyboard with clickety-clackety keys. My wife loves the Razer black widow, but Razer doesn't appear to do wireless keyboards. Any idea?

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
Hi, I have a few questions about cooling/fan control, which I'm not very familiar with (got by fine with stock before).

I'm looking at these components and wondering if they will all play nice together.

First off, the Base Pro 900 says it comes with a fan controller that supports 4 PWM fans, and comes with 3 PWM fans. Now, I'd like to go ahead and fill in the case's fans, so I was planning on buying 4 more PWM 140mm fans (1 top, 3 bottom). I'm assuming I'll need something to control 7 PWM fans properly (Somethign like this?) beyond the provided fan controller.

Second, I want to buy this CPU cooler, but I am also looking at this GPU. I'm concerned if there are any issues having two independent CLCs. I can't imagine any, besides fitting them (I'm thinking the GPU radiator on the back, and the CPU radiator directly over the board.) but I'm new to liquid cooling.

Finally, would a fan controller like the one I linked intelligently tie the CPU/GPU/case fans together? I'm assuming the GPU might be independently monitored/controlled, but I don't know enough about the topic.

TheStampede fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 16, 2017

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

grimcreaper posted:

Its not really illegal. Ita a "grey area" because your often buying keys that were sold to people in bulk for use with company computers and not intended for home builders.

Or, what I experienced, genuine keys in other countries that get sold for like $5 instead of $100 (but Windows isn't region-locked so it works).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

This seems like a pretty good deal for a 1060, you get an additional $30 off too so $239.99. Here.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

raej posted:

I'm looking for a wireless keyboard with clickety-clackety keys. My wife loves the Razer black widow, but Razer doesn't appear to do wireless keyboards. Any idea?

There's a mechanical keyboard thread for that but you're pretty much only going to be looking at the Varmilo VB87M. There isn't much out there for wireless mechanical because the nerds that go the extra length for clicky boards have this weird aversion to wireless in 2017 still.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

The prices aren't really my concern, just want to know if there are any red flags or obvious alternatives. I don't really have a budget but I typically build to the mid-high end. I've read through the thread but I'm mind flooded at this point. Typically it takes me a month to settle on a build but because of the wishy-washy 8700k inventory I'm inclined to pull the trigger if there is inventory available.

I'll probably get a new monitor at some point, right now I'm using a LG 34UM64-P which is only 60 Hz. Also... do I need to plan to buy extra cabling or anything? It's been awhile.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

ChiliMac posted:

The prices aren't really my concern, just want to know if there are any red flags or obvious alternatives. I don't really have a budget but I typically build to the mid-high end. I've read through the thread but I'm mind flooded at this point. Typically it takes me a month to settle on a build but because of the wishy-washy 8700k inventory I'm inclined to pull the trigger if there is inventory available.

I'll probably get a new monitor at some point, right now I'm using a LG 34UM64-P which is only 60 Hz. Also... do I need to plan to buy extra cabling or anything? It's been awhile.

My only comments would be to get a better cooler since you're getting the unlocked chip and to try for a higher refresh rate monitor.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

raej posted:

Zigmidge posted:

There's a mechanical keyboard thread for that but you're pretty much only going to be looking at the Varmilo VB87M. There isn't much out there for wireless mechanical because the nerds that go the extra length for clicky boards have this weird aversion to wireless in 2017 still.

There's the Filco Minila Air too. IIRC that's a blue tooth mechanical that may be worth checking out. Also check out the keyboard megathread for more keyboard dorking!

Edit: minila, not Manilla! Derp

MobMentality
Aug 22, 2007

I'm Mike Doyle.
Update: same question but the option is there to go 8700K and GTX 1080 (Ti)

United States $2000 cap/$1500 ideal without monitor

MobMentality posted:

I'm toying with building again...feedback, as always, is appreciated.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BgtHwV

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.1 CFM CPU Cooler ($21.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($163.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($95.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Samsung - U28E590D 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1751.28

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Hello thread! Thanks for your time :) I'm looking to build a new home PC for the first time in about 12 years. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on this set up or if there's anything you think I'm overshooting on.

Purpose: Games, hobby programming, general use.
Budget: 2,500 USD

Stuff I already Own:
Acer XB271HU 1440p 144hz monitor.
Keyboard

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mFzHwV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mFzHwV/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($420.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($156.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($194.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($234.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card ($769.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design - Define C ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.74 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.89 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($102.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Intel - 7260HMWDTX1 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
Speakers: JBL - LSR305 82W 2ch Speakers ($260.00)
Total: $2427.54

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Are Asus TUF boards any good? This is the first time I hear about them, the reviews are scarce, and Newegg offers ASUS TUF Z370 Pro for $99 w/ promo code, which is really tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

The i5 8400 went back in stock on new egg today. I just bought one, and then got the rest of my wish list.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($200.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($31.45 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($131.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($196.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card ($269.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $946.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-16 19:54 EST-0500

The ram was on sale for $155!