Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Other than Pardon My Take I fail to think of anything of Barstool has done other than be a boorish stain on sports coverage.

Edit: and that time the head rear end in a top hat cried because the pats lost week one this season hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The guy's meltdown because his girlfriend cheated on him with a spin class instructor was awesome

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ElwoodCuse posted:

The guy's meltdown because his girlfriend cheated on him with a spin class instructor was awesome

Did he beat her?

He seems like one of those guys.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/930562267564843009

:tif:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AsInHowe posted:

Did he beat her?

He seems like one of those guys.

Goaded his army of garbage readers into harassing her online like he does every time a women does something that hurts his feelings.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean he’s doing the job they wanted, which is fire anyone they don’t need anymore even if it’s a popular personality.

I’m trying to remember if he was President of the network when they signed some of those awful TV deals though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Stephen A is such a turdblossom.

https://twitter.com/4ndy_Mac/status/931184324107493378

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That owns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/931261691957936128

fun factoid for your day

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if they replaced a 2017 jets game with Heidi would anyone even get mad

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

Jets yes, Giants no

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

if they replaced a 2017 jets NFL game with Heidi would anyone even get mad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

I got extremely mad when CBS cut away from the Eagles annihilating the Broncos, so yes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So today is the last day of Mike & Mike.

Good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked that time uhhh Golic? Ate a bunch of Donuts and owned Stugotz I guess. But that's more that I love Stugotz.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the only takeaway for the replacement is

whiiiiiiiite guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

the only takeaway for the replacement is

whiiiiiiiite guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

white guys, named Mike

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i didn't see the end, but greeny announced get up debuts april 2nd

while i'm at it, cbs radio was officially sold today, so don't be surprised if your local sports radio station (of which they owned some high-profile ones) sounds different sooner or later

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/brentmusburger/status/931411428765925376

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shut up, Brent

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really liked it because I’m a dork about line play and stuff but I wouldn’t be shocked if most people hated it because it’s harder to figure out how close to a first down the ball carrier is and all that. Though I suppose it’s basically the Madden Angle so maybe people are used to it now.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 17, 2017

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/931573140454559749

every le batard show should now end with an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wait no Bomani radio show?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

I think he’s still eventually doing a TV show with Pablo Torre

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Going from Bomani to Will Cain will please the employee-who-can't-change-the-channel-at-work demo.

e: OK, Right Time will still be available as a podcast. Perfect.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 17, 2017

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Dexo posted:

Bo asked to move the show to a podcast instead, plus he’s still got the TV show with Pablo Torre next spring. Katie Nolan is also starting a weekly podcast.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I was really hoping Cain wasn't going to slide into that spot but welp

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

I think he’s still eventually doing a TV show with Pablo Torre

Yep. Noon-1 on ESPN

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/annkillion/status/931597318523990016

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

Bo asked to move the show to a podcast instead, plus he’s still got the TV show with Pablo Torre next spring. Katie Nolan is also starting a weekly podcast.

Oh that's fantastic. Radio has way too much repetition even without the commercial breaks to listen to, a couple of ~hour long podcasts a week would be perfect.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

every le batard show should now end with an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They're going all in on Golic's son I guess? Having him on for 6 hours every morning.

Greenberg's new mid-morning sports show will bomb because those shows never make it on TV.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Was the last row just leftover from the launch of the Xbox One X?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
"please watch. please?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That’s a lot of Golic

They should get Bomani back as a guest on the LeBatard show, I miss him and Stan

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm so happy we finally live in a world where i can start my days off with six straight hours of mike golic jr

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What exactly has Golic Jr. done in broadcasting to warrant 6 hours on ESPN after ~one year of experience?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Six hours a day is a pretty brutal schedule. Maybe ESPN is trying to drive him insane as a ratings stunt.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Trast posted:

Six hours a day is a pretty brutal schedule. Maybe ESPN is trying to drive him insane as a ratings stunt.

No kidding. How in the hell do they expect him to do the prep required for that much time?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

No kidding. How in the hell do they expect him to do the prep required for that much time?

I mean, you could probably just read ESPN.com articles verbatim from 4-6am and no one would know or care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's ESPN Radio so it's not like he needs a lot of in-depth insights

Like, I'm fairly certain Stephen A Smith hasn't watch sports in years.