Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Keep those hearts goin' for Colby, fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
even the name Colby Covington is annoying trash

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao Werdum is way tougher on the street and in BJJ class than in the cage

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets. you know what im sayin?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
People were willing to look the other way when Werdum kicked Edmund but now that he's messed with Crundo Colberson the powers that be won't turn a blind eye

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I will bet on the one who is most likely to be a fan of Dragonball, the true MMA base, whom I believe to be Nathan Diaz.

Didn't work for Marcus Brimage

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you'd have to be an idiot to assume that the black dude likes dragon ball z less

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
This was pretty boss too

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Nierbo posted:

This was pretty boss too

We can't agree on much, but Joe Silva owning has to be universal. It's the little things that show how huge a dork he is.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rubellavator posted:

Does werdum just walk around all day with a boomerang? That owns

Given that it was in a plastic bag and they were in Australia, I'm thinking he'd just bought it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe Werdum bought a boomerang just so he would be prepared to hit Colby with it when the opportunity presented itself.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Too bad it wasn't metal like the one the feral kid had in Road Warrior.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Skip My Posts posted:

you'd have to be an idiot to assume that the black dude likes dragon ball z less
this isn't even a joke

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/37900067/man-charged-over-sydney-boomerang-assault/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Its a real shame that TNA finished taping it's TV just before this.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol I'd love to be a fly on the wall at a precinct reviewing the tape: "crikey, they're BOTH idiots!"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:eyepop:

Does this make Covington... a herb?

Because I'd rather not validate his second-rate schtick with any kind of nickname or attention, if at all possible.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Australian police are happy to go arrest someone for common law assault if they see a video of it happening, regardless of whether anyone actually reported it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Australian police are happy to go arrest someone for common law assault if they see a video of it happening, regardless of whether anyone actually reported it.

It's not up to the victim as to whether they want to press charges?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mewse posted:

It's not up to the victim as to whether they want to press charges?

Nope. The decision to lay charges in assault cases belongs to the Office of Public Prosecutions, based on the police investigation.

Which I assume was fairly short in this case.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

El Roncho posted:

Too bad it wasn't metal like the one the feral kid had in Road Warrior.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/931224913826009089

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
What happens if Werdum just doesn't show up? I doubt they'd try to extradite him back to Australia. Or will they prevent him from leaving the country?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nifft posted:

What happens if Werdum just doesn't show up? I doubt they'd try to extradite him back to Australia. Or will they prevent him from leaving the country?

He's main event in a card on Saturday

Wonder what this does for the weight cut

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Nope. The decision to lay charges in assault cases belongs to the Office of Public Prosecutions, based on the police investigation.

Which I assume was fairly short in this case.

Interesting!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

exploded mummy posted:

He's main event in a card on Saturday

Wonder what this does for the weight cut

Handcuffs only weight about 10-12 ounces, so it shouldn't matter much at the 265 pound weight class.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Bold prediction : Diaper Babby Albini is gonna be the next THE AL CAPONE Krylov and become inexplicably good in his next fight :allears:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nifft posted:

Well the court date is 13th December. Probably what happens is he cuts a deal to appear by video-link, they find him guilty and he gets a fine he can easily afford and a good behaviour bond for a first offence.

The problem is for the UFC is that after he's guilty of a crime here, chances of him ever getting a visa to come back here are vanishingly small. Which isn't that much of a problem because he's going to be boo'd out of the building on Saturday night regardless of the outcome, because Australians are super racistreally like Mark Hunt and will blame Werdum for not getting to see him, so the UFC will almost certainly never try to book him for here again.

edit: lol Colby confirmed herb

quote:

Covington told MMA Fighting early Thursday morning that he was pursuing charges against Werdum

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
I have so many questions, the most pressing of which is, why did Fabrício Werdum attack another fighter with a boomerang lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gold Sexy Body posted:

I have so many questions, the most pressing of which is, why did Fabrício Werdum attack another fighter with a boomerang lmao

Colby Covington beat Demian Maia in Brazil last month and then got on the microphone and called the Brazilian crowd "filthy animals". Fabricio was just defending his countrymen's right to throw trash into the octagon when their favourite fighter gets wrestlefucked.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Memento posted:

Colby Covington beat Demian Maia in Brazil last month and then got on the microphone and called the Brazilian crowd "filthy animals". Fabricio was just defending his countrymen's right to throw trash into the octagon when their favourite fighter gets wrestlefucked.

okay but why did he have a boomerang?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Why does the pope poo poo in the woods?

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Because he was in Australia.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

Because he was in Australia.

This makes it funnier, agreed, but that doesn't explain why he had a hidden boomerang under some paperwork.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
He is an idiot

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Novum posted:

He is an idiot

These are all side issues to the most pressing issue which is why did he attack someone with a boomerang?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
He said some fangave it to him, but he obviously just carries a boomerang around for ~street defense~

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He was angry and threw the throwing weapon at the person who made him angry. Did you really need that explained

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Some things are unknowable man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was angry and threw the throwing weapon at the person who made him angry. Did you really need that explained

Yes, why a boomerang. Why did he have the Boomerang.

• Locked thread