Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kiimo posted:

I thought you were named after Duke

Acting like a complete newbie to the topic of whatever thread he's posting in is his gimmick. And Blue Squares is committed to his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Is LiAngelo Ball cutting lines in his eyebrows a cool fashion thing to do now?

Cause to me that was late '80s early '90s.

I guess it's back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vanilla Ice: Fashion Icon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congrats to byant mcintosh for spending his offseason going through puberty

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is bad this year, maybe NIT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

VIC FUCKEN LAW

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv is playing fast and it is entertaining

lotta turnovers tho

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it'll be interesting to see if they can gain a bit more control of that fast pace and if they'll keep it up in mountain west play (probably no to both)

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nevada looks like the class of the Mountain West again. Caroline plus Kendall Stephens and the Martin brothers are kinda daunting.

UNLV really looks like the only team that can realistically challenge them this year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State looks a little less bad with Lard and Brase in the lineup. But they still are very bad.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State will probably come back and beat this lovely Presbyterian team, but the blueprint is there for how pretty much every ACC team will just tear apart the Pack: beat the press, then just exploit the godawful halfcourt defense all day long.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State looks a little less bad with Lard and Brase in the lineup. But they still are very bad.

At least they’re bad with a win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The gently caress is this Pac 12 network poo poo :mad:

Time to find a stream I guess.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou looks loving dreadful from the field tonight

EDIT: They also look terrible on the boards. Might be a long ngiht

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 17, 2017

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
St. John's putting on some dunk seminars.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Phew, Missouri really lucky to only be down 16. Somewhere I mentioned that Mizzou isn't going to shoot threes like this all year, yeah tonight they're proving it. Also not hitting anything else other than some free throws, I think half of their points or more have come at the line.

Reed Nikko is going to be an important part of this team with Tilmon and Jontay Porter both being foul magnets. Plus: He's big. Minus: he's one of the most useless offensive players in the nation.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia Tech really shouldn't be losing to Saint Louis, but they should be OK if they beat Iowa or Ole Miss later on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, whoever these announcers are:

The increased popularity of the world cup in America is the reason people take dives in basketball.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

At least they’re bad with a win.

Only because of Jeff Phrom's coaching skills.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am exhausted from this first half of Badger hoops. First the refs, then Happ takes an insane chance at a steal and gets his 2nd foul, then we go on a 9-0 run to tie the game at half.
Davison tho. The boy can play.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

elentar posted:

Virginia Tech really shouldn't be losing to Saint Louis, but they should be OK if they beat Iowa or Ole Miss later on.

Yeesh. Our first double digit upset of the year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is amazing Missouri scored 59 points tonight. I don't care how many of them were in garbage time (at least 30).

Missouri terrible again :rip:

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
The Wisconsin-Xavier game rules

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ayton appears to be a monster.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Florida Gators are good at basketball. This team scores like crazy. 100+ in the first two games of the season. I was very encouraged by 3gor's game. He had a quieter scoring night (13) but had 9 rebounds and 5 assists. He might just be more than a shooter!

I'm excited about the PK80 tournament. Bring on all the tourney experience we can get.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/becb_sbn/status/931370151726874624

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Lots of semi-decent games today pretty much all day. There's even a couple on now.

edit: Virginia about to take on VCU in Richmond, wouldn't be at all surprised if they lost this one, it's the kind of game Bennett's teams often drop at the beginning of the year before the defense is 100% settled. winning it with any kind of comfort would be a really good sign, though.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 17, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Virginia pulled it out, really good game and one that should pay off in road ACC games. Kyle Guy proving capable of taking over games.

edit: also some absolutely ludicrous home cooking for VCU, specifically good prep for playing the big blues.

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 17, 2017

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
DePaul vs Illinois for the first time in 60 years. Go Illini please don't lose this one.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

oh poo poo Wake Forest lost to Drake tonight, things... things are not going well for the Deacs right about now.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue is murdering Fairfield, 75-35 with 15 minutes to go. Fairfield is trying to play zone, but it isn't working (15-21 from 3 for the Boilers).

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Indiana State and Ohio U are in 4 OT in a game to determine seventh-place at the Charleston Classic.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Not a good start for Northwestern, down 15-3 vs Texas Tech. 6 turnovers in the first 7 minutes, but I have to take the box score's word for it because my ESPN2 is showing a black screen.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
23-5 now with 9 minutes left in the half

Someone check on RD Mangles

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

xbilkis posted:

23-5 now with 9 minutes left in the half

Someone check on RD Mangles

He's on the road to Connecticut to murder Bryant McIntosh. 0-4 from the floor, 5 turnovers in the 1st half. 15 for the team.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Now Northwestern might be hosed. That was terrible.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is paying me back for laughing at Northwestern by getting housed by ULL. Sports are bad

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

oh poo poo Wake Forest lost to Drake tonight, things... things are not going well for the Deacs right about now.

it's the damnedest thing. I thought Manning had them on track for bigger things. Any idea why they're so bad this year?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Cal you fucks stop blowing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

it's the damnedest thing. I thought Manning had them on track for bigger things. Any idea why they're so bad this year?

Lost a whole lot in the frontcourt, looks like they haven't caught up on defense in particular. Giving up high percentage shots and getting owned on the offensive glass is a tough combo to overcome.

MourningView posted:

Iowa is paying me back for laughing at Northwestern by getting housed by ULL. Sports are bad

haha, was my first thought seeing that score. ULL isn't that bad though.

• Locked thread