Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
By the way, do I have to be a specific level to participate in splatfest? I'm nearly level 10 now thanks to some freshness bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Innocent of what?

Intoluene posted:

By the way, do I have to be a specific level to participate in splatfest? I'm nearly level 10 now thanks to some freshness bonuses.
Nope.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ah, so splatfest replaces the normal match mode, got it. Also, it's real weird that salmon run is only available Monday to Friday. Splatfest and map changes every 2h make sense but that one is real weird to me.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

PSA: Object Shredder Punk Blacks on Splat.net for another 6 hours as of this post. It's rare to find these shoes with a non poo poo ability, and it's default is cold blooded.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 16, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Intoluene posted:

Ah, so splatfest replaces the normal match mode, got it. Also, it's real weird that salmon run is only available Monday to Friday. Splatfest and map changes every 2h make sense but that one is real weird to me.

Nah, there are also Salmon Run shifts in the weekend. You can see the schedules in-game or thru the Nintendo Switch app.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Sci-Fi vs Fantasy - November 17th 21:00 PT / November 18th 00:00 ET / November 18th 16:00 AEDT

Geek out this weekend, you nerds. (Remember to hit the showers first, nobody wants to smell your presence.)

All splatfests last for 24 hours.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 16, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I didn't even know there was a Splatfest this weekend.

When the game first came out, everyone of my friends has picked a team and was grinding chunks. Now only one of my friends has already picked a team.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have a pretty healthy amount of chunks now vs then and they patched it so farming them is only kinda worth it anyway.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Usually the art I see on Inkopolis Plaza relates to the Splatfest, sometimes you see stuff like this.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I haven't play in a while because of Mario, but I've been trying to get in a few matched before Splatfest.

Feels good man.

https://twitter.com/PBAndAwesome/status/931288869986746368

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Intoluene posted:

Usually the art I see on Inkopolis Plaza relates to the Splatfest, sometimes you see stuff like this.

I would have given it :five: freshes if I could, but I had to share it immediately.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Are we getting a new gun this week or just the map with the Splatfest? I'm in such a slump, I can't get poo poo done without the Jr or the Splattershot it feels like. Been bouncing between Dualies, Brushes, Squelcher and even tried the Bamboozler.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I didn't even know there was a Splatfest this weekend.

When the game first came out, everyone of my friends has picked a team and was grinding chunks. Now only one of my friends has already picked a team.

The game has been out for 5 months now, it makes sense that player rates taper off

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I haven’t played in awhile either but that’s because of so many other cool Switch games coming out. I’ll still keep coming back to this until Splatoon 3 though since it’s the only multiplayer shooter I enjoy now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/931291781093720064

Booyah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven’t played in awhile either but that’s because of so many other cool Switch games coming out. I’ll still keep coming back to this until Splatoon 3 though since it’s the only multiplayer shooter I enjoy now.

Same here. I'll still do a half hour of matches every couple of days but now that I'm done with Mario and a splatfest Friday I'll probably play a crap ton this weekend

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/931313500227383296

My only regret is I forgot to Booyah.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Intoluene posted:

I saw this last night too and Fresh’d it and also tweeted it cuz it owns.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I got this game today, and it's more "just one more game" than anything I've played before. I don't know how long I'll be playing it but I've gone in with zero knowledge and have done an hour and a half of casual matches saying "okay this is my last one".

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

H A T T A M posted:

I got this game today, and it's more "just one more game" than anything I've played before. I don't know how long I'll be playing it but I've gone in with zero knowledge and have done an hour and a half of casual matches saying "okay this is my last one".
Don't burn yourself out!

I still enjoy it, and play at least a little bit most days, but I played with such obsession that I didn't have since Sid Meier turn-based strategy cames.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/930538703579111424

Shella fresh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cool stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still havent hit level cap which is rough...

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I realized two things within my first 3 hours of playing: I'm godawful at this game compared to people who are good, and I need to suck it up and learn motion controls. I've been winning a lot of games, but a team ended up getting 70% on us and 30+ kills combined. Also, I'm using the joycon controller and my right hand cramps up really fast.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

H A T T A M posted:

I realized two things within my first 3 hours of playing: I'm godawful at this game compared to people who are good, and I need to suck it up and learn motion controls. I've been winning a lot of games, but a team ended up getting 70% on us and 30+ kills combined. Also, I'm using the joycon controller and my right hand cramps up really fast.

For me the only choice is the Pro Controller. Split nunchuks was alright but then I woke up the next day and my right wrist hurt so much I couldn't play for a couple days. I'd still use the Wii U Gamepad if I could.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I usually play handheld and that works fine for me. I did a few rounds today with the joycon grip and while it took some orienting, it was fine.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The very first thing you need to do with this game is to go into the sensitivity settings and find what is best for you. There are settings for handheld or remote, so test whether higher or lower is best and it could immediately improve your game.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

H A T T A M posted:

You can turn off the motion controls, don't worry. I didn't really like using them, personally. Also if joycon isn't that comfortable, consider a Pro controller.

Me? I unlocked Ranked Battles and holy gently caress do I suck at them.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

On Moray Towers, what are those balls you can shoot to change them your color?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

H A T T A M posted:

On Moray Towers, what are those balls you can shoot to change them your color?

Only the large ones change the colour. You can swim along them.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Time to post some splats

https://twitter.com/CodCartSA/status/931358040242102272?s=17

https://twitter.com/CodCartSA/status/931358427330199552?s=17

https://twitter.com/CodCartSA/status/931358893355102208?s=17

https://twitter.com/CodCartSA/status/931357464192151553?s=17

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Not sure how good it is but Swim Speed and 3 slot pullover coat available for the next 5 hours on the app.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intoluene posted:

Not sure how good it is but Swim Speed and 3 slot pullover coat available for the next 5 hours on the app.

The structure on the app is that it will offer a piece of gear with a different main ability than what is available on the usual store, so it's mainly just for fashion. But I've been building a new swim speed jacket so I'll take a look at it. Also in general, 1 Star Gear is better than 3 Star because it's faster to level up to cap

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Intoluene posted:

You can turn off the motion controls, don't worry. I didn't really like using them, personally. Also if joycon isn't that comfortable, consider a Pro controller.

Me? I unlocked Ranked Battles and holy gently caress do I suck at them.

You pretty much need to play with motion if you want to be consistently good in ranked unless you use a roller or something.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
This video helped improve my accuracy with motion controls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XloXds3GldU

And yeah, keep at it. Ranked below A feels overall easier (for me) than an average turf war, and the modes in ranked are just more fun in general.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
What I've been having the most fun with has actually been Salmon Run. Just hit overachiever. Breezed through go-getter.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Here's your Splatfest weapon: The Flingza Roller, now with Suction Bombs and Tentamissiles.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 17, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Rexroom posted:

Here's your Splatfest weapon: The Flingza Roller, now with Suction Bombs and Tentamissiles.

:geno: Maybe this and the other Flingza Roller will become good weapons next patch.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

:geno: Maybe this and the other Flingza Roller will become good weapons next patch.

Hahahahahahahahaha... You weren't joking? The Flingza will never be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/931629737562161152