Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seventh Arrow posted:

I've been playing a lot of stealth and puzzle games, someone recommend me some mindless action.

Here's what I have (although if a mindless action game is good enough to go out and buy, I'll consider it):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/seventh_arrow/games/?tab=all

I see Call of Juarez: Gunslinger with no playtime on that list. Fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You have Doom and you haven't played Doom. Go play Doom. Rip and tear.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quake II is pretty good.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Thanks!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Quake II is pretty good.

That takes me back, I remember having to buy a 3D card just so I could play it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Seventh Arrow posted:

I've been playing a lot of stealth and puzzle games, someone recommend me some mindless action.

Here's what I have (although if a mindless action game is good enough to go out and buy, I'll consider it):

Just Cause 3 is like the definition of mindless action

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Seventh Arrow posted:

That takes me back, I remember having to buy a 3D card just so I could play it.

You might be getting confused with Quake3. Quake2, while it had OpenGL, still also had a software renderer and thus didn't need a 3D accelerator.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Rocket Pan posted:

You might be getting confused with Quake3. Quake2, while it had OpenGL, still also had a software renderer and thus didn't need a 3D accelerator.

I definitely remember having to get it for Quake 2, since I didn't even play Q3 at the time. I had some sort of cheesy S3 card that came with the computer; instead of getting a new video card though, I got a 3D accelerator card that just piggybacked onto my existing card.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Thought I'd give that Stop the hunger clock donation thing, and got my Hand of Fate 2 key today.
Thanks to whoever posted that a few pages ago :)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kragger99 posted:

Thought I'd give that Stop the hunger clock donation thing, and got my Hand of Fate 2 key today.
Thanks to whoever posted that a few pages ago :)

:cheers:

Good on you for doing a good deed!

e: Quoting myself because damnit, it's a good event!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Stop the Hunger Clock!

Step 1: Contribute $10, in person, towards a local organization working for the cause of hunger relief. Easiest way to do this is to go to any grocery store and buy one of those TEN DOLLAR brown bags of prepared Thanksgiving meals. You know the ones, they're everywhere.

Step 2: Take a picture of the receipt, your [Proof of Altruism]!

Step 3: Use one of the links below to send that [Proof of Altruism] to the Stop The Hunger Clock email with one of the game titles in the subject line.

Step 4: Receive game key shortly thereafter!

Games available: Hand of Fate 2, Tangledeep, Dungeonmans, Hot Tin Roof, Sproggiwood, Caves of Qud, Shrouded Isle, Rogue Empire, MYSTERY KEYS

e: And they added

ADOM, Roundabout, 100FT ROBOT GOLF, Wayward, Ananias, 2064: Read Only Memories, and Tales of Maj'Eyal!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 19, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SirSamVimes posted:

I see Call of Juarez: Gunslinger with no playtime on that list. Fix that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRNg5uSKQ0

Seriously, it's a great game and I was an idiot for not playing it sooner.

Dias posted:

You have Doom and you haven't played Doom. Go play Doom. Rip and tear.

Also find a way to play Doom too. Simultaneously if necessary.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Seventh Arrow posted:

I don't see Bayonetta, Revengeance, or Vanquish on this list, you should rectify one of those (they're all perfect and beautiful).

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I got it too, and MAN this game is really hard. I've only ever managed to get to like the fifth map on one adventure with one character. I can't seem to ever get ANYWHERE with the wizard while the ranger just wrecks everything.

For the wizard I have to admit I cheated in one run just so I could get a FEW items with him, but by pure happenstance I got an almost-complete set of great items: all 3 fire spell sets, the pyromancer robes, firestones and salamander pet. He went from being the worst character by far to my favorite once he became an unstoppable living firestorm (that occasionally either self-destructs spectacularly or has to let enemies maul him for a turn or two). Almost all of them are in the Dwarven Mountains (Mountain Pass - Old Mines - Mushroom Caves - Dwarven Caves - Dwarven City), and I think the last piece is in Undead's Burnt Town, if you're interested.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Anyone playing the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2? Does it follow its own storyline or is it levels/stories from the recent movies?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone playing the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2? Does it follow its own storyline or is it levels/stories from the recent movies?

It's all original stuff ala the first game, but it also has some movie tie in levels too I think.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I remember right a few people were pretty hype about crosscode. I got it in some bundle and I'm giving it a try, after I get to the town I just start running west, but quickly run into enemies that are murdering me, am I supposed to be grinding levels and materials in the previous areas until I'm stronger or am I going the wrong way?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

If I remember right a few people were pretty hype about crosscode. I got it in some bundle and I'm giving it a try, after I get to the town I just start running west, but quickly run into enemies that are murdering me, am I supposed to be grinding levels and materials in the previous areas until I'm stronger or am I going the wrong way?

It's been a while since I've played it, and there's been a few updates, but you should be able to get missions which shouldn't take you to places that will murder you. I don't think it's that hard that early on. I should really pick it up again, it was great fun when I played.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

is crosscode actually done yet

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

is crosscode actually done yet

Sometime early next year iirc

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

For those of you not following specific game threads (it me a lot of the time), Wolf: The New Colossus is intensely good. You might have heard some bullshit from nazi milkdrinkers about SJWs or some jazz about technical issues early on, but it's GOTY for me, and I've played way too many games this year.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Actually enjoying sniper ghost warrior third. Knock off far cry is right on. Really enjoying the jank, I broke down laughing when the bullet cam showed my dude's dumb expression and how he was still pointing his rifle at the ground.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How often are games added to Origin Access? I'm probably going to subscribe to it for the games that are up there, just not sure whether to do a monthly subscription for a few months or pay for a year for the half price.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

For the wizard I have to admit I cheated in one run just so I could get a FEW items with him, but by pure happenstance I got an almost-complete set of great items: all 3 fire spell sets, the pyromancer robes, firestones and salamander pet. He went from being the worst character by far to my favorite once he became an unstoppable living firestorm (that occasionally either self-destructs spectacularly or has to let enemies maul him for a turn or two). Almost all of them are in the Dwarven Mountains (Mountain Pass - Old Mines - Mushroom Caves - Dwarven Caves - Dwarven City), and I think the last piece is in Undead's Burnt Town, if you're interested.

By the way gently caress that burnt town. gently caress it so hard. Yes, let's have an area where nearly every single enemy has contact damage while two out of four classes fight primarily in melee. There is no way this can go wrong. I hope there aren't any cool items for warrior or rogue in there because fuuuuck that place as a melee character.

I nearly got my first clear today, after some time warrior finally clicked for me and I was able to do nearly all of the bottom-most path in the Undead City. I made it to the final boss and even killed the final boss itself, but died to one of the last few adds. So close it hurt.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Black Griffon posted:

For those of you not following specific game threads (it me a lot of the time), Wolf: The New Colossus is intensely good. You might have heard some bullshit from nazi milkdrinkers about SJWs or some jazz about technical issues early on, but it's GOTY for me, and I've played way too many games this year.

I'm incredibly disappointed with it.
It feels like the development team didn't know what they wanted the game to be at all.

You'd think with the power suit that you get that you could survive a few hits from bullets but you die so drat quickly that it feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

You can dual wield different weapons now but it also feels like you're effectively punished for doing so cause that's only really good for running and gunning which you absolutely should never do and it wastes ammo.

Definitely has a heavier focus on being careful and stealthy than being an action hero, I've never been bamboozled by the marketing of a game this badly before, I just wanted to murder countless scores of nazis with reckless abandon and I can't even do that on the easiest difficulty. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

It feels like the development team didn't know what they wanted the game to be at all.

You'd think with the power suit that you get that you could survive a few hits from bullets but you die so drat quickly that it feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

You can dual wield different weapons now but it also feels like you're effectively punished for doing so cause that's only really good for running and gunning which you absolutely should never do and it wastes ammo.

Definitely has a heavier focus on being careful and stealthy than being an action hero, I've never been bamboozled by the marketing of a game this badly before, I just wanted to murder countless scores of nazis with reckless abandon and I can't even do that on the easiest difficulty. :(
Yeah, it's my most disappointing game of the year. It plays worse than TNO in a lot of ways and didn't carry over any of the improvements TOB made. Damage feedback is completely screwed up, visuals are great but sound design isn't, and for all the over the top moments that game has, they're all relegated to cutscenes and the actual gameplay is very one-note. That said, it played the entire game without really using stealth (another gameplay mechanic that worked better in its predecessor), on whatever the middle difficulty is called. You should always be running from cover to cover, and I'd suggest upgrading the ARs with armor piercing ammo as soon as you can; they can take down literally any enemy in seconds when dual wielded.

And, uh, no idea what that that guy's talking about because the technical issues are definitely a real thing. Though it ran well and looked good for me through the campaign, a lot of people in the thread couldn't even get it to run, and it then just started crashing every time I quickloaded in the postgame. It definitely feels like it could have used a couple more months in the oven.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 19, 2017

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Deakul posted:

wearing nothing at all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Deakul posted:

Why? I played on Call Me Terror Billy and ran and.. gan? Whatever, I ran around shooting people a whole lot more than I used cover and stealth.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Hunh, the first F.E.A.R. is no longer for sale just by itself?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I run and gun all the time in The New Colossus and its good. However I will say that what the game needed was a way to set some "favorite" dual wield combinations because it can be a right pain in the rear end even under the best of circumstances.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wolfenstein TNC was somewhat disappointing from a gameplay perspective but I thoroughly enjoyed the story and characters. I just wish there was more Roswell and less... every other level type.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Naganted posted:

Hunh, the first F.E.A.R. is no longer for sale just by itself?

You can't not get it without the two crappy expansion packs, digitally

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I run-and-gunned dual wielding the entire game and was able to rampage through every battle pretty OK. It was actually when I tried to be sneaky or tactical that I would end up dying.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is completely geared towards dual-wield run-and-gun

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hollenhammer posted:

You can't not get it without the two crappy expansion packs, digitally

I like this as a joke about the sequels, but no the purchase button is gone from its store page.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I run-and-gunned dual wielding the entire game and was able to rampage through every battle pretty OK. It was actually when I tried to be sneaky or tactical that I would end up dying.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is completely geared towards dual-wield run-and-gun

I feel like I played a different game, I primarily stuck around "Bring Em On" and I had a lot of trouble doing anything but stealthily taking on enemies.

Mostly I just kept feeling like I should go and replay Doom 4 instead.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Too Shy Guy posted:

I like this as a joke about the sequels, but no the purchase button is gone from its store page.

Oh wow, weirdly it's still for sale here https://www.gog.com/game/fear_platinum
Maybe a bug on steam? I remember trying to buy Guilty Gear a few years ago and finding the buy button would come and go as it pleased

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Something weird is going on with the FEAR store pages, so maybe it is a bug.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Hollenhammer posted:

Oh wow, weirdly it's still for sale here https://www.gog.com/game/fear_platinum
Maybe a bug on steam? I remember trying to buy Guilty Gear a few years ago and finding the buy button would come and go as it pleased

I know two of the Guilty Gear games (Isuka, X2 #Reload) were pulled for a short period of time due to some rights issue, but they got them back up in just a few months.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
A lot of your friends really want FEAR 3 apparently.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Has anyone decided to give Star Traders: Frontiers a try? It just came out and looks pretty interesting, but its also Early Access, making me rather leery of it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I did Do Or Die in TNC, and ran and gan most of the game, mostly dual wielding. It really scratched that Nightmare Doom itch, where you have to acquire targets immediately, clear poo poo fast and play like hell to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Too Shy Guy posted:

Something weird is going on with the FEAR store pages, so maybe it is a bug.

Behind one purchase button is FEAR 3, behind the other two are goats.