Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Morpheus posted:

EA was good (or, at least, was attempting to look good) for a while around the time they published Mirror's Edge and Dead Space - it seemed like they were actively pursuing new, interesting IPs that weren't retreads of boring safe territory.

Then, well...

When they first showed Skyrim, all I could think of was Mirror's Edge VR...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Ryoga posted:

Monetizing help to save time in a game has been a thing since forever and i'm not sure why anyone is making such a big deal about it now. The form has changed over time but it's purpose is the same At first you had the ability to insert more money into an arcade machine to try again, then you could call a 900 number to get help from a hint line, then you had strategy guides, then they made 'game enhancers' like game genie and action replay. DLC was honstly just the next step in this method. The idea that that blows my mind is people actually pay money to maybe or maybe not get the requested help in their game.

Also lol at anyone who thinks of battlefront as a "competitive" game.

You say all that poo poo but watch this video. This isn't monetizing to save time. This is the most literal definition of "pay to win" that has ever happened in a AAA game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u2w0hNsA8Y

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Am I the only one that found dragon age inquisition extraordinarily bizarre? Like it wasn’t necessarily bad it just felt really... cheap.

It's really bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The real reason birds are the worst in HZD is that they're impossible to sneak past unless you slow down and dash between bushes (and it's still a pain to keep track of their position when offscreen above you). Glinthawks are pretty easy to fight off but the stormbird areas of the map are no-go zones unless you really need something in there.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh hey, looks like the Black Friday sale proper is starting, but the prices only show up in cart at the moment.

So far I've seen:

HZD 19.99
Uncharted 4 27.99
Yakuza 0 29.99
Wolfenstein 2 29.99
Nier:Automata 34.99
Persona 5 29.99

/edit:
Prey 19.99
Shadow of War 35.99
Evil Within 2 29.99

Check here for the updated feed:
https://twitter.com/Wario64

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

The real reason birds are the worst in HZD is that they're impossible to sneak past unless you slow down and dash between bushes (and it's still a pain to keep track of their position when offscreen above you). Glinthawks are pretty easy to fight off but the stormbird areas of the map are no-go zones unless you really need something in there.

It feels real good running through NG+ and blasting the Surprise Stormbird that loves to gank you on the road down from Daytower out of the sky.

Also how is Nier still 35bux!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

It feels real good running through NG+ and blasting the Surprise Stormbird that loves to gank you on the road down from Daytower out of the sky.

Square rpgs hold value

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Its published by square enix

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I might bite on evil within 2 at that price. Looks like a fun game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's fun enough but lacking in the over the top insanity of the first game. Also kinda buggy and I gotta assume the problems I have with aiming are the game and not me because I never have that much trouble hitting stuff usually.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Nier's still $35 because it's still selling a fuckton.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

...! posted:

And it's a good game. Weird how that works.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

...! posted:

I guarantee it's not gonna move half the lifetime units of Horizon or Shadow of War and that game came out last month! Square Enix more like Hit My Wallet Square in the Balls, Enix.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think Nier is supposed to be $25 on Amazon/BB for Black Friday.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Nathan Drake collection is $7.99. Not a bad deal if you haven’t played them. Uncharted 4 is $20 most places and Lost Legacy is $15-20 right now as well.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is Bound any good? It looked at least a bit visually interesting in the trailer and it's free, but I've heard zilch about it otherwise.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

Is Bound any good? It looked at least a bit visually interesting in the trailer and it's free, but I've heard zilch about it otherwise.

It's pretty good for an art game, "visually interesting" is its main strength but it's a decent platformer too. Most of the trophies are about speedrunning for some reason. Also supports VR if you have it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Now this is a good sale. I got Prey and the Uncharted Collection, that should last a while.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Bloodborne and its DLC are on sale on EU PSN, but not in the US. I have the base game on my US account because it was way cheaper over there during the PAX sale. Goddammit.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When does the sale start proper?

Also holy poo poo lmao at that battlefront clip. gently caress that

revolther
May 27, 2008
As with all Star Wars merchandise, the obsessed fanbase is going to buy Battlefront regardless of it being a lovely product. There literally hasn't been anything good from Star Wars since Star Tours in '86.
30 years making GBS threads in the mouths of starving fantasy nerds and they still gobble it all up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

revolther posted:

As with all Star Wars merchandise, the obsessed fanbase is going to buy Battlefront regardless of it being a lovely product. There literally hasn't been anything good from Star Wars since Star Tours in '86.
30 years making GBS threads in the mouths of starving fantasy nerds and they still gobble it all up.

Sorry, you can't outdo your awful bloodborne post that easily

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

revolther posted:

The snes games were good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

dark forces

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tie fighter

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol that guy is a dumbass

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I enjoyed rogue one

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

revolther posted:

You are not a good person

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Republic Commando was cool and X-wing vs Tie Fighter was a great game. The older Battlefront games were fun to play.

Edit: Black Friday retail chat. Wipeout Omega and Everybody's Golf for 19.95€ each on GAME. I might go this saturday and Wipeout, is a heck of a deal. The EU PSN sale is not that good, missing games like Prey (wich is going for 20€ retail right now).

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 21, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fridge corn posted:

The snes games were good

Having played them all recently, no, no they're not. Mediocre platformers with difficulty enhanced by lovely controls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im laughing at bulletstorm being over 40 dollars in this sale with so much good under 30

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
That Lego Millenium Falcon looked pretty cool

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yakuza 0
Nier
Persona 5

Are all great and worth the sale price imo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I have a 'budget' of (I don't really, but I want to keep spending under) ~50 bucks, and I have 12 bucks left on my PSN wallet, which gives me a grand total of 62 bucks to spend on games.

I was thinking of getting:
HZD (20)
Yakuza 0 (30)

Aaaaaaaaand that's about it, since there's nothing on my wishlist for 12 bucks :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is death of the outsider as good as 2?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Any thoughts on Trials: Fusions? I loved me some Trials HD on the 360 and £3.99 seems like a steal

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Edmond Dantes posted:

I have a 'budget' of (I don't really, but I want to keep spending under) ~50 bucks, and I have 12 bucks left on my PSN wallet, which gives me a grand total of 62 bucks to spend on games.

I was thinking of getting:
HZD (20)
Yakuza 0 (30)

Aaaaaaaaand that's about it, since there's nothing on my wishlist for 12 bucks :v:

The best use of your cash right there.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yakuza 0, HZD, and P5 are like the holy trinity of 2017 PS4 exclusives. To have them all for $80 is insane. It's like 150 hours of some of the best games you'll ever play.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Is death of the outsider as good as 2?

I'm only partway through it but so far I'd say it's a very safe recommendation for anyone who likes dishonored. Levels still great and the new tools are super fun like the batman-em-up hook mine. The first level is a lot smaller than usual but it sort of has to bundle a tutorial for new players with gameplay that amps up quickly since it's a standalone expansion, so that's understandable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Yakuza 0 is also $28 used from gamefly and you get the case, manual, any codes, etc. cheaper than PSN and you can resell/trade!