Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Matt's rant about polls and election night is pretty wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

Matt's rant about polls and election night is pretty wonderful.

as someone who lived in the c-spam trump thread for the months leading up to the election, that was pretty cathartic

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oatgan posted:

this live show sucks

when the show sucks but u keep nuttin

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dogpiling on Matt over music was funny too.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bryter posted:

Keith Ellison is totally booworthy, they were just booing him for the wrong reasons

drat that sucks and I hadn't read it before

I will revise and say it's unforgivable for THAT audience to boo him for THAT reason

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dogpiling on Matt over music was funny too.

:agreed:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

glenn greenwald's real crime is he basically writes the same one paragraph article stretched to 1000 words over and over

I admit I cut Greenwald a lot of slack because he is pretty much the only journalist of note that gives a poo poo about the insane mess that is Brazil at present, and shines a bit of light at the vulture antics that polite company pretend are just Third Way niceties.

Sure, it's only because he lives here and is married to a local, but that's how we get ya hooked!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

oatgan posted:

this live show sucks

Yeah, it was a bit tough to get through. They needed to either let the videos play and then make jokes about it or have Will transcribe and read them so they could go it at their own pace. Trying to listen to what the person in the video was saying while they're all chiming in was like going to see a movie and having someone yell stuff at the screen the whole time.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Kunster posted:

I honestly don't know how he has time for anything since he and his partner own around 10 to 15 dogs and two kids.

Slavery is not cool, man.

Serf
May 5, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Yeah, it was a bit tough to get through. They needed to either let the videos play and then make jokes about it or have Will transcribe and read them so they could go it at their own pace. Trying to listen to what the person in the video was saying while they're all chiming in was like going to see a movie and having someone yell stuff at the screen the whole time.

depending on the movie you're seeing, this is the best way to watch

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Also you know bananas are the result of millennia of selective breeding and domestication by humans to the point where they can only proliferate via cultivation from clippings since we bred the seeds out of them so it's actually a great illustration of evolution.

If you follow that road you'll become increasingly sure that you've painted the perfidious Protestant scumbag into a corner. Then they'll checkmate you by denying causality and mathematics, thereby implying that their own deity is such a stupendously poo poo craftsman that the entire thing's held together by paper clips.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Bryter posted:

It was cool when Glenn Greenwald was on pod save the world and said some extremely basic anti-imperialism 101 stuff along the lines of "the US can't really claim moral authority on an international stage when they're the only country doing things like Vietnam and Iraq" and the lanyard guy was somehow totally thrown and was like "huh good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. Moving on..."

Maybe I missed something, but I went and listened to that cast and Vietor kept the line of questioning going fleshing out Greenwald's ideas, leading Greenwald to say that whether or not you personally believe America is World Enemy #1 and worthy of his scrutiny because of it is irrelevant, since America is where he has a platform and he would have a better chance of effecting positive change there as opposed to Russia, China, Chile, etc (which I believe is similar to what Chomsky says about the focus of his criticism). Vietor is a doofus but he let Greenwald talk a lot in that episode.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 21, 2017

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

oatgan posted:

this live show sucks

tbh live audience episodes of podcasts in general are kinda lame so that's not shocking to hear

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The dry boys and girl benefit substantially from an editor.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Serf posted:

depending on the movie you're seeing, this is the best way to watch

I think "watch" is the key word there, it doesn't work as well with just two streams of audio competing with each other

Serf
May 5, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

I think "watch" is the key word there, it doesn't work as well with just two streams of audio competing with each other

oh definitely. it did not work here

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Neon Belly posted:

Maybe I missed something, but I went and listened to that cast and Vietor kept the line of questioning going fleshing out Greenwald's ideas, leading Greenwald to say that whether or not you personally believe America is World Enemy #1 and worthy of his scrutiny because of it is irrelevant, since America is where he has a platform and he would have a better chance of effecting positive change there as opposed to Russia, China, Chile, etc (which I believe is similar to what Chomsky says about the focus of his criticism). Vietor is a doofus but he let Greenwald talk a lot in that episode.

I don't mean that he didn't let Greenwald talk or anything, more that he conceded some pretty elementary points without appearing to reflect on them at all. It was months ago that I listened to it though, so maybe I'm misremembering to a degree

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I need a link to that animatronic video it sound gloriously ghoulish

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwmhgQSwUgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suFroHhG86w

An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω, literally meaning "an uncovering") is a disclosure of knowledge or revelation.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Thompsons posted:

tbh live audience episodes of podcasts in general are kinda lame so that's not shocking to hear

Counterpoint: Live You Made It Weird. A good podcast in general that is even better when it's just a bunch of comics pallin' around in front of a live audience.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Apoplexy posted:

Counterpoint: Live You Made It Weird. A good podcast in general that is even better when it's just a bunch of comics pallin' around in front of a live audience.

Addendum: Live FPlus is p good on their annual live episodes. They perform the poo poo out of internet excerpts and use the performance in fun gimmicky ways.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

KirbyKhan posted:

Addendum: Live FPlus is p good on their annual live episodes. They perform the poo poo out of internet excerpts and use the performance in fun gimmicky ways.

The live reading of Do Unto Others is still one of the funniest things they’ve ever done.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
There are too many podcasts.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

i only know eric garland through y'all clowning on him. is he not a maga chud guy??

He's one of the ubiquitous 'foreign intelligence & security experts' on twitter who does not speak any other language.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The live reading of Do Unto Others is still one of the funniest things they’ve ever done.

This is the sign of an uniquely disturbed mind

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

There are too many podcasts.

Yes. I listen to all the crooked media podcasts. I agree.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

rumble in the bunghole posted:

This is the sign of an uniquely disturbed mind

Well not the reading itself, mostly the audience’s reactions to it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes. I listen to all the crooked media podcasts. I agree.

I really enjoyed the most recent one where hey admit drone strikes had a 30x higher civilian casualty rate than previously admitted. “Some real soul searching for former Obama staffers...”

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the people complaining about talking over the videos were way overblown. sure we can't see the video and thus it is less funny, but the talking wasn't an issue.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Concept Unification is weird even with the video, but it works. I hope they release the video footage to Vimeo, like that Dune Fan Edit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

I really enjoyed the most recent one where hey admit drone strikes had a 30x higher civilian casualty rate than previously admitted. “Some real soul searching for former Obama staffers...”

That entire PSW was a kick in the balls to vietor. It was incredible. His episode of Crooked Conversations with Jane Mayer was amazing.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
When normal people see irony tweets

https://twitter.com/dogboner/status/932493290234171392

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Trabisnikof posted:

the people complaining about talking over the videos were way overblown. sure we can't see the video and thus it is less funny, but the talking wasn't an issue.

Trying to process two channels of audio (hosts and the video) while simultaneously imagining what they're talking about isn't a good audio format. They should have just gone to the pundit well for a reading series.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I thought the live show episode was fine and funny

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

I thought the live show episode was fine and funny

The live show was fine and so was Aida Chavez and a whole lotta people need to get their fidget spinners lubricated because they need to be normalized.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It's just an inherently bad format for radio. Like maybe it didn't outright suck, but it wasn't as good as their weakest reading series

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

padijun posted:

Trying to process two channels of audio (hosts and the video) while simultaneously imagining what they're talking about isn't a good audio format. They should have just gone to the pundit well for a reading series.

Sure I think they have a name for the disorder when people have trouble doing that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

so the loving dipshit lib prosecutor running agianst Roy Moore, who runs like woke confederacy ads, also apparently went all HMM BUT WHAT ARE YOUR REAL MOTIVES on a girl who went to college early like some nerd and got hella molested by a bunch of football players
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/accuser_in_uab_sex_abuse_case.html

Virgil is absolutely going to touch some poop

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Trabisnikof posted:

Sure I think they have a name for the disorder when people have trouble doing that.

what is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

People are stanning for having at least two streams of audio on radio, one of which multiple people talk over each other? It's just a bad format, move on.