Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Toops posted:

:eyepop:

Am I the only one that sees this? What the gently caress?

It's time to take a break from the thread, you're hallucinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

some 3.0 pics from gooncati:

Oh thank heavens! A space hangar store! Just when I was wondering where I would get hangars, this store has a huge selection of them!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

At least all of the showcases and displays for buying items isn't completely wasted effort that could be handled by a menu in 1/1,000,000th of the time they've spent on trying to force Chris Robert's vision of going into virtual stores into the game.

Meanwhile many brick and mortar stores struggle to find a mandate to continue existence in the 21st century.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Pantsbird posted:

I've managed to fit 8 deskeletonized children into one SCU. They are arranged facing out from the center (they each understand they are alone). The largest ones are in the corners. Some of them will die, but it's normal so long as it doesn't happen too soon into the journey because they are Meat. Place into the refrigerated portion of the Cargo Grid that will kill the rest of them because they are Meat. Stack the partially skeletonized Slaves (bones relevant to Functions) in the corners of the hold and in the corridors so they don't occlude the Cargo Grid and prevent Commodities loading.

You are next. Duck your head so the box can close. You will be treated as Dead so the player can Respawn. Stat points are withdrawn. You don't whimper to avoid suffering the indignity of betraying distress to yourself. The box is ventilated your soul will linger for as long as possible before the Air Conditioning.

gently caress poo poo piss. Bitch bitch bitch bitch angler shunt bitch. Bitch, the children will die when they pick up the Rock. The children will die when they flee from the Rock. The albino children will be taken to be raised properly in a healthy, nurturing environment and groomed for the Professions. If the mother resists she will be put down. If the mother flees her legs will be removed.

For those Outside you have at hand at least one instrument or circumstance (a high place, a bottle of pills, a large quantity of liquor, etc) that will end you with little effort. You've known this would happen for some time. All of your responsibilities are relieved. The Org is grateful for your service.

Doody.

:wtchris:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

You’re a creepy dude. :chloe:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dogeh posted:

If you're coked out of your mind, those costumes look loving amazing

“That is someone who has their preconceived notions and will settle for something that isn't good enough. The first and the third-person, there were a lot of people on the team who said that you cannot do it. They said it wasn't possible. Illfonic [the contractor building Star Marine] said the same thing. The same with the character stuff: I said we need to do it. And the inventory… it happens right now in [version] 2.4. You can put jackets and trousers on, and caps. There's layering with the armour. So everything that that person told you that couldn't happen, it's all in the game now and it's all at the quality [I asked for]. We've got as good or better than what 1886 has.

“That is an example of people saying 'No, I can't do it' and fighting that corner. They are the people I don't get on with and they are the people who end up not being at the company… If I was going to be clichéd, if it was an American person I'd say I want an Ameri-can, not an Ameri-can't. I want someone who tries [...] because we absolutely can do it. We’re trying to do something that has the fidelity that you see in The Order, or has the fidelity you see in a first-person shooter but has multiplayer online and this huge universe and I absolutely, to the very fibre of my being, know it can happen.

“It's not easy. I think the difference between a great game and an okay game is people that try to do the hard things. It's the JFK speech about going to the moon: We do it because it's hard, not because it's easy. That's what I expect from the team and if the pushback is 'Well, I didn't do this when I was working at this other company', then, well, here we're trying to push it a bit more and if you can't get on board then you're probably not right for the team. I'm sure that I'm not the only game creator who is in that situation occasionally.”

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I just love this part it's so Chris

quote:

You can put jackets and trousers on, and caps. There's layering with the armour. So everything that that person told you that couldn't happen, it's all in the game now

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Do snoopy cap buffs stack with trousers?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

that's amazing layered clothes wow I bet all those doubters are jWHERE ARE THE HUGE MULTIPLAYER SPACE SHIP BATTLES IN YOUR SPACE GAM FOR FUCKS SAKe

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Solarin posted:

that's amazing layered clothes wow I bet all those doubters are jWHERE ARE THE HUGE MULTIPLAYER SPACE SHIP BATTLES IN YOUR SPACE GAM FOR FUCKS SAKe

Isn't that NPC the only place where we've seen layered clothes, anyway?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Major Known Issues:
Ship weapons lack convergence.
Items and ships placed in hangars are not persisting between sessions.
Hotkeys for power and shield allocation are currently not functioning correctly.

Preliminary pass for power, heat, default size 1 items (shields, power-plants, coolers, S1 weapons) EM, and IR for the following ships: Avenger series, Gladius, Hornet series, Mustang series, M50, Aurora series.
... Very, very early numbers.

Known Issues:
Content missing key elements:
User Interface
Insurance and Persistence
Internal Ship Docking
Comm System

1 month

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 23, 2017

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

“GlassDoor Interview” posted:

Nov 21, 2017
Senior Developer Interview
Anonymous Interview Candidate

— No Offer
-/+ Neutral Experience
+ Easy Interview

Application
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games in May 2017.

Interview
I applied online for a Senior Developer role and within a few weeks I was asked to have a Skype interview with the person who would have been my boss. It was an informal chat lasting around 30 mins, talking about my work history. At the end of the chat, the interviewer asked me to forward to them any other demo reels I had and I send them the link, only for them to go un-viewed.

5 and a half months later without any other communication from CIG, I received a form rejection email.

I look forward to playing Star Citizen when it’s done.

Interview Questions
Why do you want to work here?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Isn't that NPC the only place where we've seen layered clothes, anyway?

all of a sudden it makes sense why they can't talk about anyone but miles eckhart. He is probably a cobbled together proof of concept that cig has no idea how to duplicate or scale but he has layered clothes and that's what Chris threw a poo poo fit about

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Solarin posted:

all of a sudden it makes sense why they can't talk about anyone but miles eckhart. He is probably a cobbled together proof of concept that cig has no idea how to duplicate or scale but he has layered clothes and that's what Chris threw a poo poo fit about

Every time they need Chris to stfu and let them work for a bit, they just throw another jacket on ol' Miles

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Until I can set myself on fire while looking through a telescope at the Santa Monica pier in order to force my character to wear a dust mask with my cowboy hat it's clearly not the most immersive clothing experience.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Solarin posted:

Luckily for Chris Roberts this time he doesn't have anyone that can ask him any of those questions.

You should be excited that a genius visionary now has free reign to focus on the real important issues that most game developers just throw in at the end of development as an afterthought. Focusing on this stuff for six years before he even has a proof of concept is just a masterclass in game development.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Stop wasting this guy's time. He has to teach a 10th grade English literature class in 20 minutes.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I hope Chris is forcing them down the rabbit hole of layered clothing.

"It's easy, just make the clothes stop clipping through each other. Why can't you guys do anything? You're destroying my vision!"

Then the fresh out of college programming hire sneaks away to the closet for crying time.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Time to shut this forum down, Chris has shown that the game has been made.

See you all in the verse o7

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

To be fair, I was dressing my npc shopkeeps in period accurate clothing before sc

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

considering all of 3.0 2016 demo was built by no less than three different contractors in less than four months, they might actually have a problem making things, you know, actually work

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Sharik posted:

To be fair, I was dressing my npc shopkeeps in period accurate clothing before sc

Hows your porsche handle?

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 23, 2017

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The entire gaming industry said that this was impossible, and yet here we gaze upon the vision

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

The entire gaming industry said that this was impossible, and yet here we gaze upon the vision
PAY HERE

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Watch this

Astropub is downloading it and hyping it up, the comedown is likely going to be...impressive.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

X-Ultron posted:

Citizenry: 3.0 release this year? Is it really true?
King Robert: Yes, citizen. I guarantee it. Would I lie?
Citizenry: Oh, Crobert!
King Robert: FOOLED YOU.

The best non-cig cig-related avatar and text

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pantsbird posted:

I've managed to fit 8 deskeletonized children into one SCU. They are arranged facing out from the center (they each understand they are alone). The largest ones are in the corners. Some of them will die, but it's normal so long as it doesn't happen too soon into the journey because they are Meat. Place into the refrigerated portion of the Cargo Grid that will kill the rest of them because they are Meat. Stack the partially skeletonized Slaves (bones relevant to Functions) in the corners of the hold and in the corridors so they don't occlude the Cargo Grid and prevent Commodities loading.

You are next. Duck your head so the box can close. You will be treated as Dead so the player can Respawn. Stat points are withdrawn. You don't whimper to avoid suffering the indignity of betraying distress to yourself. The box is ventilated your soul will linger for as long as possible before the Air Conditioning.

gently caress poo poo piss. Bitch bitch bitch bitch angler shunt bitch. Bitch, the children will die when they pick up the Rock. The children will die when they flee from the Rock. The albino children will be taken to be raised properly in a healthy, nurturing environment and groomed for the Professions. If the mother resists she will be put down. If the mother flees her legs will be removed.

For those Outside you have at hand at least one instrument or circumstance (a high place, a bottle of pills, a large quantity of liquor, etc) that will end you with little effort. You've known this would happen for some time. All of your responsibilities are relieved. The Org is grateful for your service.

Doody.

Do you have literature or a brochure?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

He himself stated the NYC apt and Beach Condo bit in this forum several times. General consensus was that those were made up (much like everything he claims/calls/utters/etc). Was just egging him.

:laffo: you read his forum. Youre such a dork.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Hello thread its time to wake up. 3.0 went public PTU.

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Check out the link ursine catastrophe posted above.

And prepare your popcorn

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 23, 2017

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This feels like a metaphor for the whole project

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Combat Theory posted:

Hello thread its time to wake up. 3.0 went public PTU. Check out the link ursine catastrophe posted above. And prepare your popcorn

Holy poo poo! And here I thought it'd be early-mid 2018 before they got it to public.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I wonder if them shoving out PTU tonight is related to the announcement Chris and Sandi are supposed to make tomorrow.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
this was a very stupid move. yikes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The best part is we were just talking about how the Z patch for avocados is more hosed than previous patches, and apparently someone just said "gently caress it, put it on the PTU" the day before thanksgiving

so the odds of it being very, very visibly hosed for the entirety of thanksgiving weekend is extremely high

and this is what most people who've been waiting for 2 years will be watching

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it'll drive short term sales but in its current state it's an absolutely huge disappointment

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Im watching richards and nothing wierd so far

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
theyve used up the "it's an alpha" excuse, too

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I'm a bit confused.

So, a few days ago or whatever, there's that Concierge email saying that they'll have the PTU ready by December 20.

Then it just gets dropped today.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Oh poo poo 3.0 is out Star Citizen is good again just in time for black Friday

No don't wait for it to download what are you stupid all the good ships will be gone by then

Hurry up go go go buy buy buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Like, was there no communication or was the Dec 20 date a way to make it seem like CIG is ahead of schedule?