Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The disposition affects the strength of the bonuses for the mod and has nothing to do with unveiling. If the unveiled weapon has a high disposition, the rolls will be better. If it's a lower disposition weapon, the rolls will be worse. That's all there is to it. There is nothing you can do at all to affect what the mod will be. I've dinked around a lot with it and if it does affect it I've never seen evidence of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

That's not what the wiki says :shrug:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods#Disposition

I was just figuring some goon was tuned into this madness. If Disposition affects stat rolls but not the weapon specific weapon the riven is revealed for, then in theory you could find a poo poo-tier top-dispo weapon that's really similar to the top-tier low-dispo weapon that you want, so that it increases the stats you want, and -maybe- it rolls the weapon you want. If it affects specific weapon rolls (i.e. loading it on a miter will increase the likelihood that the riven becomes a miter riven), then this is just garbage.

All disposition does is weight the stats rolled on the riven. Its so the already OP soma prime doesn't become the actual king of the universe and allows bad weapons you like, despite all logic, to kill higher level enemies.

There is no known way of weighting a riven towards a specific weapon, and is likely not possible.

I don't really follow the rest of your post

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ah ha. That makes much better sense. Thanks.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That said if anyone does figure out how to game the riven system don't be shy with it - my orbiter serves double duty as an artisanal boutique for small batch, hand crafted kuva mistakes

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where's the best spot to mine for ore? Started to farm my Gara and she looks like she will be a bit of a slog to farm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DoombatINC posted:

That said if anyone does figure out how to game the riven system don't be shy with it - my orbiter serves double duty as an artisanal boutique for small batch, hand crafted kuva mistakes

Mine houses a giant collection of craft rapiers designed to turbofence the world.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Flipswitch posted:

Where's the best spot to mine for ore? Started to farm my Gara and she looks like she will be a bit of a slog to farm.

there are caves marked around the map by little mountain symbols, and more rock surface area means more ore nodes

anyways just travel around with the mining laser out, it's not hard to get enough materials for gara at all

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

The caves seem to have a higher concentration of deposits but as someone who just got all the devar to build Gara its just a pain in the rear end.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The trick is that the mining laser starts to beep when ores are nearby, but only if it's currently equipped.

Just pick a frame who can go fast and run around the plains listening for beeps.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Banshee's passive helps you stealth mine

so does loki's hushed invisibility

check the 'lightning cave' on the western shore for maximum mining gains

don't bother tracing, speed > accuracy.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The whole mining thing is a scheme to make you buy resource boosters. I got one in sorties and oh man do you realize how it's all balanced for that. Wisps! Goddamn wisps!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

i still don't understand why people don't like gundam mode. it's a pain to navigate hallways and Uranus sucks, but it's so much fun

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dely Apple posted:

The whole mining thing is a scheme to make you buy resource boosters. I got one in sorties and oh man do you realize how it's all balanced for that. Wisps! Goddamn wisps!

Mining and wisps are one thing but fishing with resource boosters get way different. You need to fish traloks to make murkray bait and murkrays to make cuthol bait and then cuthol to make glappid bait, so that in the end your "double the amount of fish you earn" booster means you need 1/8th as many of the bottom level fish.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
The riven disposition seems like some sort of simple multiplier on the stats. They actually "nerfed" some weapons' disposition before and all they had to do was change the disposition and the stats just changed automatically. The formula must have been really simple that we could end up with joke rivens like minus damage (heals enemies) or minus projectile speed (hangs in the air).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

RFC2324 posted:

i still don't understand why people don't like gundam mode. it's a pain to navigate hallways and Uranus sucks, but it's so much fun

It's just so disconnected from everything else, I still only have like 6 mods total in archwing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So, stupid newbie question. I'm trying to unlock the Venus gate and just have the 'kill three Eximus on Earth' quest left.

What the gently caress is an Eximus? All the missions I can pick say they're against the same Grineer faction, am I missing something super obvious?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

So, stupid newbie question. I'm trying to unlock the Venus gate and just have the 'kill three Eximus on Earth' quest left.

What the gently caress is an Eximus? All the missions I can pick say they're against the same Grineer faction, am I missing something super obvious?

They're the glowy versions of regular enemies that are slighty stronger and have an aura

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're the glowy versions of regular enemies that are slighty stronger and have an aura

Oooh so not a unique faction. Ok, makes sense.

Any special mission with a higher amount than normal I should do? Don't think I've seen those guys yet, the quest still says 0/3 so I haven't bumbled onto killing one.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Any special mission with a higher amount than normal I should do? Don't think I've seen those guys yet, the quest still says 0/3 so I haven't bumbled onto killing one.

They appear at higher levels. Try doing a defense or excavation mission and let it go for awhile. I don't know of the top of my head but 20 waves for defense and 1000 cryotic should get you some.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Any of the endless types (defense/survival/interception/excavation) will eventually have Eximus enemies turn up. You'll likely see one or two in the other types as well. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple in the exterminate missions on Earth.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
They changed the spawns so that higher level and more powerful enemies show up later in the missions, I've usually seen at least 1 in each exterminate mission. That being said I'm pretty sure 20 waves of defense is needed for some other drat thing.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

I would say it's more that people are disappointed by Gundam Mode more than anything.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

sexpig by night posted:

To add to “do endless or exterminates”, it seems tripping the alarm (or just pissing off the infested in general) gives you a bigger chance to spawn an eximus.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

They also spawn around one per pack of grineer in the plains, so I’d go there first.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Doing a defense mission with randoms when a Steel Meridian Kill Squad teleports in on the point. Before they can fire a shot the Nidus player sucks them all up with his horrible tentacle ball, the Nova player zaps them with mprime, and I freeze them with my Frost's avalanche then fire my Plasmor into the writhing mass of limbs, which then explodes and showers half the map with frozen body parts.

This game can be really beautiful at times.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Avulsion posted:

Doing a defense mission with randoms when a Steel Meridian Kill Squad teleports in on the point. Before they can fire a shot the Nidus player sucks them all up with his horrible tentacle ball, the Nova player zaps them with mprime, and I freeze them with my Frost's avalanche then fire my Plasmor into the writhing mass of limbs, which then explodes and showers half the map with frozen body parts.

This game can be really beautiful at times.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I got a "do a L30 survival mission without killing anyone" riven yesterday and the guides I found all said to use Ivara. Loki would've been much better. With Ivara I pickpocketed the 15 enemies the map spawned then slowly jumped between containers, scavenging modules. With Loki I could have zoomed across the map much faster, and with Irradiated Disarm I actually could've got some of those enemies killed to spawn new ones and get me more modules.

Loki is the answer to like half of this game's challenges.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

kxZyle posted:

I got a "do a L30 survival mission without killing anyone" riven yesterday and the guides I found all said to use Ivara. Loki would've been much better. With Ivara I pickpocketed the 15 enemies the map spawned then slowly jumped between containers, scavenging modules. With Loki I could have zoomed across the map much faster, and with Irradiated Disarm I actually could've got some of those enemies killed to spawn new ones and get me more modules.

If it doesn’t say solo, couldn’t you have done it with goons and just sit there and wait while they kill stuff?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

imatree posted:

If it doesn’t say solo, couldn’t you have done it with goons and just sit there and wait while they kill stuff?

No-one can kill anything. So asking other people to join is just for moral support.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

kxZyle posted:

Since you can just extract at 5 minutes, you don't actually need any life support aside from what gets dropped in normally. So you can just bring some energy pizzas if you're not running Zenurik and be invisible with whatever frame you like being invisible with while just ignoring all enemies entirely.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I swear the Gara pieces are way lower than 7% chance. I've earned over 10k endo just trying to get the neuroptics alone.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Since you can just extract at 5 minutes, you don't actually need any life support aside from what gets dropped in normally. So you can just bring some energy pizzas if you're not running Zenurik and be invisible with whatever frame you like being invisible with while just ignoring all enemies entirely.

I'm pretty sure loss of life support doesn't actually kill you and just reduces your hp to 1. So you could take Limbo, press shift, afk for 5 minutes, go to extraction.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Quirkk posted:

I'm pretty sure loss of life support doesn't actually kill you and just reduces your hp to 1. So you could take Limbo, press shift, afk for 5 minutes, go to extraction.

It does fail the mission if you run out before you can extract.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Sininu posted:

It does fail the mission if you run out before you can extract.

Ah. I think the only times I've seen it run out has been on alerts and syndicate missions are the timer is done (and idiots refuse to extract).

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait so with riven mods you dont actually pick what weapon it's for, it's just a random weapon in the game?

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Wait so with riven mods you dont actually pick what weapon it's for, it's just a random weapon in the game?

It's all random.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Rivens are just a bunch of RNG systems on top of each other.

First you do a sortie for a chance to get one. RNG
They can be Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Melee. RNG
The challenge you have to do to unlock it is random. RNG
Then it's random what weapon of that class you get. RNG
Then it has a randomly determined mastery rank you have to have to use it. RNG
Then it's random what stats it has. RNG

Disposition is manually sett by DE, probably adjusted according to usage stats. IE the less it is used the higher the disposition.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Shotgun Rivens are a lie. Never seen one.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Quirkk posted:

It's all random.

However, if you have your heart sent on a particular weapon, they trade-able https://www.wftrader.com/

Given the variety of rivens, it's probably a trader's dream market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
It can also be for sentinels weapons. I was excited when I got an easy to unlock shotgun riven only for it to be for the striker :(

Also I love my stupid kestrel with its riven of

+70% attack speed
+120% Toxic
+160% finisher damage
-50% damage to infested