Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

tcjimbo posted:

0765 8691 908 come play with tcjimbo

Look, I don't know who you are and I have nothing against you but all I know is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

Oh, in that case I'd say you're still better off just selling excess inventory. Keep in mind like a lot of F2P games this one loads you right up with a ton of premium currency encouraging you to blow through it quickly when in reality the premium currency is going to be super hard to replenish in the future without busting out your wallet.

lol... just lol... if you didn't immediately invite kk slider to your camp the second you got 250 leaf tickets

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
The dialog progress sound is strikingly similar to the Steam message received tone, it keeps messing with my head.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

The biggest piece of advice I can give anyone getting I to this game is take it slow.

You can easily run out of poo poo to do within a week of playing, unless you just love waiting 72 hours for your 3 crafting slots. This game is 90% fetch quests for very little payoff.

It's like a tenth of an Animal Crossing game, without all the fun stuff.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

The biggest piece of advice I can give anyone getting I to this game is take it slow.

You can easily run out of poo poo to do within a week of playing, unless you just love waiting 72 hours for your 3 crafting slots. This game is 90% fetch quests for very little payoff.

It's like a tenth of an Animal Crossing game, without all the fun stuff.

I mean yeah it's animal crossing lite but it is free

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Please be friends with me. 3699 1958 009

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I'd love some visitors! I'm 6280 5353 622!

Also, Jesus I must have caught a rare fish- this was the recommended base price. :gonk:

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
Cute little timewaster so far. Come visit 9994 2422 166 to laugh at my not-A-team van

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do animals stay invite-able forever? Even if you've sold the furniture they required you to build?

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Freakbox posted:

Also, Jesus I must have caught a rare fish- this was the recommended base price. :gonk:

You know you値l never get that fish back if no player buys it, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No one buys anything above 3 digits.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is this game super laggy or is it just me? The game itself is fine on my 6S but doing a lot of things requires an awful lot of waiting.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

facepalmolive posted:

Look, I don't know who you are and I have nothing against you but all I know is

just don't get on discord with him

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

In as Quetz. I added people from the database at random but goddamn is that interface slow. I'm just trying to build a cotton plantationcampground.

Bumblebee
May 23, 2007

Clever Betty
Just starting out but having fun so far. Here's my code: 94252629117

Hoping that Friga the penguin is in the version. She was my nemesis back in the original game, but I was still quite heartbroken when she moved away. :(

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freakbox posted:

A camper will ask you for that within 3 days. They request rare stuff after level 5-10 of friendship. And they pay you market price.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Ebenezer posted:

You know you値l never get that fish back if no player buys it, right?

No big deal if they do or don't. I'll find another one! :radcat:

I got a fancy new tent! It's loving adorable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like that the internet has collectively decided that the mechanics are just bird version of the McElroy brothers

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I hope the animals will start having silly conversations or actually telling me a story when I ask them to soon. The conversation option just being gameplay tips is fine to start, but I need more AC weirdness.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The mechanics are pretty great.

Shame to see that the animal friend progression is pretty much identical for everyone.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I wish there were way more animals and the animals were random for everybody

None of my favorite friends are even in here :(

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
New account: 74937402540

Add me please!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
https://twitter.com/KanzakiYufei/status/933409810116116481

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My niece just reset her town in New Leaf (she does it all the time, for some reason), and wanted to visit my town. I felt kinda bad when some of my villagers said they hadn't seen me for over a year. :(

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I feel like I'm constantly scrapping around for steel in this game. Is there a better way to get steel other than throwing fish and bugs at my villagers?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does this make anyone else want to play New Leaf more?

Edit: 5111 0983 762

Is anyone selling pants? lol

Agoat fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 23, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Bean posted:

I feel like I'm constantly scrapping around for steel in this game. Is there a better way to get steel other than throwing fish and bugs at my villagers?

Some animals are more likely to give you steel. It's mostly the cool ones, but you can just google it if you don't want to waste time figuring it out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

And More posted:

Some animals are more likely to give you steel. It's mostly the cool ones, but you can just google it if you don't want to waste time figuring it out.

That makes sense, since almost all of the 'cool' furniture requires it.

Is the furniture more or less random? I picked 'cool' when asked what kind of camp I'd want, so I got a few pieces of modern furniture available (The blue checkerboard ones), and now I'm getting music equipment, which is loving awesome.

Does anyone else get this when they choose 'cool'?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
35852363867 I'm Tams, I'll be adding peeps

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Yall probably right about that crafting spot. It was over a month ago and I don't remember. I don't remember buying my extra crafting spots but I have them V:shobon:V

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This "game" is really good. My wife and I spent like 4 hours watching movies and tapping our phone screens last night. Welcome to the future.

Friend code: 6971 4689 698

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
As much as it pains me seeing F2P timers in an animal crossing game, it does seem pretty fun and polished so far! I知 going to have to load up new leaf again since I知 in the mood.

My friend code if anyone wants to add:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do you catch different bugs with Honey based on time of day? I assume that's the case with fish, but I dunno about bugs.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Will animals eventually ask for rare bugs/fish? I致e got a couple rare ones and I知 not sure if I should sell them for the bells or hold onto them.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Cross posting from a different thread:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anyone purchase Tom Nook or KK Slider yet? Do they do anything special? Trying to decide which one I want.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Hobo Clown posted:

Anyone purchase Tom Nook or KK Slider yet? Do they do anything special? Trying to decide which one I want.

They're decorative. You can talk to them but they just hang out and that's it.

Daveski posted:

Will animals eventually ask for rare bugs/fish? I致e got a couple rare ones and I知 not sure if I should sell them for the bells or hold onto them.

They'll ask for semi rare ones like red snapper and horned dynastid, but don't ask for the really rare ones (tuna etc.). You might as well sell those (to the game for 1500 bells a pop, because no one is going to buy them from the market box since they're otherwise useless).

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Straw poll: How is the fruit tree distribution for everyone? Is it the same break-down or do some people have more of certain kinds? Like for me it's:

Cherry x 2
Orange x 2
Apple x 1
Peach x 1
Pear x 1
Coconut x 3

And of course my campers all ask for pears at the same time, leading me to buy them from market boxes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mercury Hat posted:

Straw poll: How is the fruit tree distribution for everyone? Is it the same break-down or do some people have more of certain kinds? Like for me it's:

Cherry x 2
Orange x 2
Apple x 1
Peach x 1
Pear x 1
Coconut x 3

And of course my campers all ask for pears at the same time, leading me to buy them from market boxes.

everyone has two extra fruit trees in the top left zone, everything else is the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I have a million peaches and no cherries at all