Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lord Frisk posted:

People are stanning

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What is "stan" from anyway?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The song Stan.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Being an overly defensive fanboy, named after the character that Eninem has a letter correspondence on the song with the same name.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What is "stan" from anyway?

it means place of or country in persian

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kunster posted:

Being an overly defensive fanboy, named after the character that Eninem has a letter correspondence on the song with the same name.

as such it's the most [host mane hear] thing possible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Kunster posted:

haha, cool

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I thought it was a wrestling thing for some reason

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah but Stan eventually vented his frustration back at his idol. Peter Daou aint ever gonna leave Hillary a message saying "I'm just chillin' in Ceder Rapids, dare me to drive?!"

Pharmaskittle posted:

I thought it was a wrestling thing for some reason
Same. People using wrestling terms outside of it is as screechingly annoying as when Firefly fans force themselves to remember to use "shiney".

Serf
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

so the loving dipshit lib prosecutor running agianst Roy Moore, who runs like woke confederacy ads, also apparently went all HMM BUT WHAT ARE YOUR REAL MOTIVES on a girl who went to college early like some nerd and got hella molested by a bunch of football players
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/accuser_in_uab_sex_abuse_case.html

Virgil is absolutely going to touch some poop

motherfucker should have known. its alabama. the signs going into the state say "welcome to alabama turn back now"

roy moore won the second he won the primary

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"I'm just chillin' in Ceder Rapids, dare me to drive?!"
I actually laughed out loud at this.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah but Stan eventually vented his frustration back at his idol. Peter Daou aint ever gonna leave Hillary a message saying "I'm just chillin' in Ceder Rapids, dare me to drive?!"

HILLARY MEET ME IN TEMECULA BITCH

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Same. People using wrestling terms outside of it is as screechingly annoying as when Firefly fans force themselves to remember to use "shiney".

I asked my friend who's into wrestling. I was wrong, the wrestling term is "marking out" not stanning.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pharmaskittle posted:

I asked my friend who's into wrestling. I was wrong, the wrestling term is "marking out" not stanning.

Don't let the marks work you into a shoot.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

posts look like a stan

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

posts look like a stan

Shoes look like a post.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

KirbyKhan posted:

Addendum: Live FPlus is p good on their annual live episodes. They perform the poo poo out of internet excerpts and use the performance in fun gimmicky ways.

BLOW

UP

THE

MOOOOOOOON

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JimmyJazz1968/status/933394092507111424

Hell yeah.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I knew they were bad but jfc

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Interesting that they don’t view the 2008 primary as a referendum on the Iraq War

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In the Listening Tour Episode, what's the clip that follows Matt's rant about elections? 99 Luftballons plays at the end of it.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Joementum posted:

Interesting that they don’t view the 2008 primary as a referendum on the Iraq War

They forgot that Obama, like Trump, was the peace candidate.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Is describing things as "screechingly unfunny" a new goon thing I've missed out on?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's the new 'vapid oval office' that is slightly more acceptable until we all acknowledge in 2019 that 'screeching' is dogwhistle for female.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Apoplexy posted:

It's the new 'vapid oval office' that is slightly more acceptable until we all acknowledge in 2019 that 'screeching' is dogwhistle for female.

What on earth

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Crane Fist posted:

What on earth

People used to say 'vapid oval office' on SA unironically. All the time. Not any longer, thankfully.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
brb gonna start a radfem collective-owned tobacco shop called vaped oval office

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/933432341682323456

https://twitter.com/jammycooks89/status/933569415378911232

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Matt’s sole existence on twitter anymore is trying to get ratioed and then making fun of people when he doesn’t.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Joementum posted:

I thought the live show episode was fine and funny

The Target bit reminds me when I worked at FedEx. I had to watch anti - union videos during orientation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vietor is a neo-con.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Garfield dabs. It's canon.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Militant Fournierists targeting both sides

quote:

A Texas woman has been accused of mailing homemade explosives to President Barack Obama and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) that could have maimed or killed them, according to documents filed in district court last week in Houston.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nor-opened-his/

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I didn't get a new Chapo when I needed it the most: during an intense gaming and masturbation session while my family was downstairs enjoying Thanksgiving dinner together.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

padijun posted:

Trying to process two channels of audio (hosts and the video) while simultaneously imagining what they're talking about isn't a good audio format. They should have just gone to the pundit well for a reading series.

It can be ok if there's good control over the flow of video. Howard Stern and O&A did it well, where either Howard or Opie would pause things if somebody had something funny or interesting to say. Just shouting over video clips is bad and frustrating to listen to.

almost there
Sep 13, 2016

just lmao if the dry boys think im going to shell out 12 real dollars to rent out a movie just a grade above a Veggie Tales Independence day special

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Electric Owl posted:

just lmao if the dry boys think im going to shell out 12 real dollars to rent out a movie just a grade above a Veggie Tales Independence day special

I can't even pirate it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey I don't know if it's been posted but for those who were saying the visuals were sorely missing from the live show, youtube's got us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pyo2Dc6btE

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I'm currently on the hunt for out. It is indeed proving challenging, due to the fact that literally no one has heard of this crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm relistening to some old chapo bits because why not. There was an episode a bit ago that I think had a look at some stupid 'the iraq war was wrong NOW sure, but we did it for a GOOD reason' thing written by one of the big boosters of the war. Felix or Matt also said something about being willing to forgive those people if they were all legally required to wear a sailor suit and lick a lollypop or something. Which ep was that again?