Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Retcon posted:

Now that I‘ve though about it a bit more, I may have overestimated how may dragons there actually are in the franchise. I really, really want Nah on my team though, she‘s funny and her support with Morgan is great.

The only obvious missing ones are Myrrh, Nah, technically Nils (he never stones or even dragon forms in his game, but if they did it for Ninian they can do it for him), Ena, Gareth, Nasir, and Kurthnaga, and that's it. It feels like there's a gap because Jugdral doesn't have traditional manaketes. There's a few more from Tellius we could get (Deghinsea is possible) but also the Tellius ones should have more laguz-like mechanics than normal stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The only obvious missing ones are Myrrh, Nah, technically Nils (he never stones or even dragon forms in his game, but if they did it for Ninian they can do it for him), Ena, Gareth, Nasir, and Kurthnaga, and that's it. It feels like there's a gap because Jugdral doesn't have traditional manaketes. There's a few more from Tellius we could get (Deghinsea is possible) but also the Tellius ones should have more laguz-like mechanics than normal stones.
There‘s also Nagi and Bantu from the Akaneaia games. If we‘re counting villains and NPCs, Mila/Duma, Idoun and Medeus are also options (though I can‘t remember if Mila and Duma had dragon stones), but these all seem pretty unlikely, even as GHB units.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Emalde posted:

What are the best (worst) uses for Wrath as an SI? I think I've only ever seen it listed for Sol Katti gimmicks.

I think Wrath might be the best aggressive B skill.

E: They should add the random dragon at the end of FE7; I want an actual dragon, not some girl holding a magic rock

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i drew a 5* roderick on my free pull, but i still want to put wrath on jagen so i will probably continue pulling

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope we get a dragon villain GHB (or a tempest reward I guess) at some point.

I'd like a dragon I don't need to roll for.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

I hope we get a dragon villain GHB at some point.

I'd like a dragon I don't need to roll for.

The thing about dragon characters is it takes more resources to develop them than the average character due to requiring an entirely different character sprite.

That's probably why there's so few.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The thing about dragon characters is it takes more resources to develop them than the average character due to requiring an entirely different character sprite.

That's probably why there's so few.

I think they can afford it!

We haven't gotten a single dragon since Ninian in march

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i pulled an azura 20 orbs later rofl

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My free pull was my very first Gwendolyn, at 3*. I didn't even realize I didn't own one yet.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Got a Sonya off the free pull.

That was a great feeling. I was expecting another Bartre.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrast posted:

I think they can afford it!

We haven't gotten a single dragon since Ninian in march

Especially since several dragons can just reuse the ones we have. Nils can use Ninian's, Nagi can use Y-Tiki, Nah can use Nowi/A-Tiki. The final boss dragons would require their own, but they'd probably be spread apart and would be ages before we see them. Bantu could probably just recolor Y-Tiki's but maybe he'd get his own. Tellius dragons just need one new sprite then recolor/resize as needed. I guess Yahn (Yan? Jhan? The exposition FE6 dragon) would get his own sprite, he seems like a safe GHB they can throw out for a rainy day.

also i know it'll never happen but i genuinely want to see them put in the nameless Fire Dragon final boss. Just give him the generic manakete human appearance from 6/the tcg and make a personality up whole cloth. Fun times for everyone!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

"I'll pick a blue orb off the free pull"
Two greens and three colorless
"I guess a dupe Sonya is better than colorless hell"
Free Hector

i got a 3* barst from my free pull and i guess reposition is a powerful special

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I need like 10 repositions, the 4 star barst are the best non-focus units

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You can get it from a 3 star tho

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Not liking Ninian is hosed up

Personally I haven't had any damage problems with my dragon team.

Aside from my -ATK Ninian who isn't exactly a damage dealer.

Who's Ninian? Probs some boring nerd from a Fire Emblem game before Awakening.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Tae posted:

I need like 10 repositions, the 4 star barst are the best non-focus units

I wouldn't mind if my next 15 pulls were just Serena. AA would be much easier if all my bad lv40s had reposition and TA2.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i want a new unit who has innate savage blow on their weapon. that plus having it on the C skill and as a seal would be fun for babysitter units/tempest trials/warriors maps if they ever come back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, the best baby sitter unit is still someone like Azama with Pain.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

rannum posted:

Especially since several dragons can just reuse the ones we have. Nils can use Ninian's, Nagi can use Y-Tiki, Nah can use Nowi/A-Tiki. The final boss dragons would require their own, but they'd probably be spread apart and would be ages before we see them. Bantu could probably just recolor Y-Tiki's but maybe he'd get his own. Tellius dragons just need one new sprite then recolor/resize as needed. I guess Yahn (Yan? Jhan? The exposition FE6 dragon) would get his own sprite, he seems like a safe GHB they can throw out for a rainy day.

Let's share ideas on how a game that made over $100 million can reuse adobe flash-quality sprites.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

This is what I wasted my feathers on and am still probably ineligible to join the change club because dude's on a horse

Also the C support level is beyond shameful

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

This is what I wasted my feathers on and am still probably ineligible to join the change club because dude's on a horse

Also the C support level is beyond shameful

I’d want him in my voting gauntlet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I got a Hinoka from my free pull and I suppose Hone Fliers is a powerful special

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I'm sorry for the super noob question but what makes this super Hanna y'all adore so special?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BrightWing posted:

I'm sorry for the super noob question but what makes this super Hanna y'all adore so special?

He decided has was good and spent a lot of resources into making that true because any hero can be good. Now she's his thing.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Half the fun of Fire Emblem is Making Numbers Big, and Hana makes very big numbers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
henry is the reverse, his fun is making enemy numbers very small

then ignis

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

just randomly pulled a 5* rein... but he's -attack. do i still use him or do i just cry

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I linked this in Discord earlier but this dude's Be The Change is a terrifying Beruka who takes 0x2 from at least one BLyn in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06mEzGOjYHs

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

mabels big day posted:

just randomly pulled a 5* rein... but he's -attack. do i still use him or do i just cry

Use him until you pull a better nature, then merge the two.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BrightWing posted:

Half the thread regulars have very high merged favorites

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Got back up to 20k Feathers, and already promoted Josh, so Becky is now a +2. 8 more to go.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'd love to do something like that but all I ever get is characters like Fir

This probably means I need to do that for her instead of something worthwhile :shepface:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hivac posted:

I'd love to do something like that but all I ever get is characters like Fir

This probably means I need to do that for her instead of something worthwhile :shepface:

Fir can be good with enough investment

If you like Fir then by all means

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

someone in here has a multimerge Fir, I don't remember whether it's 4 or 5 stars though

E: an awkward thing about Fir is the ability she probably wants more than any other is Distant Counter, like a large percentage of mediocre melee units

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I honestly think that Fir would probably benefit more from Death Blow (Fierce Stance) than DC. She needs Attack way more than anything else. Give her a Wo Dao, Moonbow, and Wrath and she may be able to deal actual damage ever.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I feel like she wants to use her good res to bait and kill mages instead, since that's so unusual on a sword unit.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Elyv posted:

I feel like she wants to use her good res to bait and kill mages instead, since that's so unusual on a sword unit.

except lloyd

and eliwood

and now joshua (who is an order of magnitude better than any of them)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Eliwood is gonna get buffs soon

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fir is also getting buffs soon but only if you stick with her killing edge. Lloyd, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Fir is also getting buffs soon but only if you stick with her killing edge. Lloyd, not so much.

3 atk from killer to slaying isn't going to do much

I think fir can be a bit better than joshua for mage baiting since with +SPD her speed is high enough to not get doubled.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 24, 2017