Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waltzing Along posted:

Stop buying digital and you'll stop feeling sorry for yourself for paying a premium to rent a game.

Only buy physical PC games while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Steam games are cheap as poo poo. On Switch, not so much.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Kawabata posted:

I wonder how streamlined XC2 is and whether Monolith has learned from their past mistakes or not. I'm currently playing XCX and while it's an amazing game it does its best to annoy the gently caress out of you every step of the way, much like most Monolith releases including XC1.

Now one thing I really hope someone told them is: verticality is cool and all but it's also ok not to force players to look around for loving miles and miles to find the only, minuscule path to climb up. Every time I see rock walls in their games I completely lose my poo poo. Every loving time.

This thing you bring up is specifically something that was bugging the crap out of me in parts of FF XV when looking for hunts and such, and part of why I enjoyed Breath of the Wild so much, because you can climb and therefore you can just make your own path.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

Stop buying digital and you'll stop feeling sorry for yourself for paying a premium to rent a game.

Lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

empathe posted:

I feel like I'm missing something with Xenoblade. I tried the last 3DS one and I just couldn't get into it. The battle system seemed to suffer by being real-time / MMO style.

I feel like that just leads to needing AI cause you can't control multiple chars simultaneously very well.

I agree, I didn't get very far in the 3DS game due to the battle system/controls. I really want to check out 2 when it comes out, but I'm worried I'll run into the same snag.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

God dammit. Playing Skyrim, somehow I ended up with a 1000 gold bounty in Riften. I go to jail, look for the secret switch to open the back panel, and it turns out it's bugged. Like, in all versions of the game. And the Switch version obviously can't get the unofficial patch that fixes it.

How has Bethesda not addressed this in six years? :argh:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Nine Parchments demo was fun, I want it. Closest thing to a Diablo game I've seen on Switch so far.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

:jerkbag:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
You should waltz along on outta here with that Terrible Opinion

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
Is Super Bomberman R worth getting with the new update and $10 price drop? How’s the online multiplayer?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The port of Stick it to the Man is supposedly good acording to some guy at Destructoid who seems to really love it. So do I so it's currently downloading despite me telling myself I was done buying games for the month.
It's pretty much a point and click platformer with Psychonauts visuals and humour.
https://www.destructoid.com/stick-it-to-the-man-on-switch-still-makes-me-giggle-474173.phtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0dUMYyJdQ

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Optimistic Puma posted:

Is Super Bomberman R worth getting with the new update and $10 price drop? How’s the online multiplayer?

I got ordered it myself after hearing over the year that the game has been patched up and things work fine now though the way they did that was lowering the resolution, but the input lag is supposed to be fixed.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't really have any interest in starting a dumb argument I just would like to save money on digital purchases.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Anyone grab Worms WMD yet? How's the port?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I was able to just walk in to gamestop and grab a copy of xenoverse 2 for switch. Also got to listen to a kid pontificate to another unsure sounding kid about why nintendo sucks and how this copy of for honor is gonna be the greatest :shepface:

Edit: got bomberman too

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

empathe posted:

Anyone grab Worms WMD yet? How's the port?

Solid. Framerate is great, the network code is kind of wobbly but functional like it apparently is in the PC version and it scales graphically pretty well either on your TV or out of it. From the couple of hours I've been playing, I can't say anything that really bums me about it. A few nibbles here and there, but overall it works and plays like a game of Worms.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does any USB charging cable work for the Pro controller? The one it comes with is too long, I'd prefer to use a shorter one.

EDIT: Looks like it uses a unique plug. Fantastic.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 23, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's a USB-C port, which is a relatively new standard, but not proprietary.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

RatHat posted:

Does any USB charging cable work for the Pro controller? The one it comes with is too long, I'd prefer to use a shorter one.

I'm pretty sure the Pro controller has a USB-C port.

EDIT: Gah, beaten.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

RatHat posted:

It's USB Type C which is not unique but still different from most existing devices.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
For any Aus folks, JB has the Switch for $399 for Friday (24/11) only. Finally picked one up for myself as that's the cheapest I've seen it here

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

You should waltz along on outta here with that Terrible Opinion

May his mind be wide open.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Optimistic Puma posted:

Very much so, if it’s on sale. The online is what you’d expect but much smoother now due to the 60fps patch. If you like Bomberman then you can’t go wrong with it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Nine Parchments demo was fun, I want it. Closest thing to a Diablo game I've seen on Switch so far.

This is fantastic to hear, and I'm looking forward to reading a review of the full game. If it's got the mindless replayability and loot system of D3, then :toot:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The success of Bomberman is what has spurred Konami to have talks about Castlevania games returning to a Nintendo exclusive according to rumors. Remember classic Castlevania games were exclusive to the Nintendo handhelds before they were outsourced to western devs

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

how is owning all the game files, with the ability to put them on a removable memory card and play them without an internet connection, renting in any way or form

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Princeps32 posted:

how is owning all the game files, with the ability to put them on a removable memory card and play them without an internet connection, renting in any way or form

You can't like, OWN games, maaan

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Tatsuta Age posted:

You can't like, OWN games, maaan

If in 10 years Steam vanishes I'll happily buy the 20 games that I really want to own again on another service for the opportunity of not having my shelves full of garbage.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
My Steam library is full of poo poo and I can't do anything about it.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
There's been options to hide or straight up remove games permanently for a good while.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Norns posted:

I smoke copious amounts of marijuana and have never cooked or baked my electronics

:same: except one time i baked my broken geforce cause the internet told me to, but it didnt work and i ended up just getting a new card. that was around the time skyrim came out, so like a million years ago

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Zas posted:

:same: except one time i baked my broken geforce cause the internet told me to, but it didnt work and i ended up just getting a new card. that was around the time skyrim came out, so like a million years ago

skyrim just came out, friend

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A Big... Dog posted:

I.. You.... I mean... :argh:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A Big... Dog posted:

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I had a 4 person Friendsgiving party yesterday, so on the way over I grabbed a Nintendo point card from 7/11 and downloaded Overcooked. After cooking and feasting I set up the dock, passed out the joycons and we went on a cooking journey through time. No performance issues, lots of yelling and laughing; 10/10 Switch and Overcooked are perfect for Thanksgiving.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The success of Bomberman is what has spurred Konami to have talks about Castlevania games returning to a Nintendo exclusive according to rumors. Remember classic Castlevania games were exclusive to the Nintendo handhelds before they were outsourced to western devs
Like Symphony of the Night?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The success of Bomberman is what has spurred Konami to have talks about Castlevania games returning to a Nintendo exclusive according to rumors.

Literally the only talk of this was from a brand manager not from Konami Japan, and they were only asked about it because the animated series had just debuted on Netflix.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mongoose posted:

I had a 4 person Friendsgiving party yesterday, so on the way over I grabbed a Nintendo point card from 7/11 and downloaded Overcooked. After cooking and feasting I set up the dock, passed out the joycons and we went on a cooking journey through time. No performance issues, lots of yelling and laughing; 10/10 Switch and Overcooked are perfect for Thanksgiving.

let the good times roll. was thinking of doing the same for christmas with my family, this was a Good Endorsement

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I know Xenoverse 2 had already exceeded expectations with their like ~400k in the first monthish, I wonder what their sales total will look like after these crazy deep sales. Hopefully Black Friday numbers convince even more third party devs to port everything ever to the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just got a switch a few days ago. plowing through zelda now. how's fifa?

• Locked thread