Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Switched.on posted:

For anyone who is looking for a good cheap RX lens solution, I bought the $20 Harry Potter glasses online from Zenni Optical with the intention of 3D printing the frame someone designed for the lenses, but instead I just put them on my face and look stupid. It's the best way if you intend to share your VR often, as you don't need to muck around with taking inserts out. The dumb Harry Potter glasses fit in my Rift perfectly.

Zenni's great! a previous post of mine:

Manky posted:

Adding on to this. I've been buying my normal glasses through Zenni and highly recommend them all around. Recently I got these sunglasses, and when they arrived, I found that the prescription part is a detachable inner lens. Was pretty easy to pop it out, and just let it rest in my vive behind the face cushion. It works fantastically for me! I'm just horribly nearsighted, but this was a huge usability upgrade for me.Good sunglasses too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Tomahawk posted:

So a $350 Rift w/ Touch was finally my breaking point. Is there a easy to parse resource for upcoming games? The fact that Doom, Fallout and Skyrim (I think??) are all on the way were also what I needed to make the jump.

The game question comes up a lot, theres a wiki someone put together of some of the more major VR releases here and some of the upcoming ones here, along with some of the non gaming apps and experiences here. There is still a MASSIVE ton of games missing from those lists, a lot of small indie/early access type stuff from steam mainly. Honestly the best thing to know about VR right now is there are too many games worth considering to easily list.

I'll quote a post I made a couple weeks ago about some personal games that were worth buying for myself:

Tom Guycot posted:

I think theres a lot worth buying. In no particular order here's a list of ones I consider worth their cost, your mileage may vary of course depending on particular tastes and genres but maybe this will give you an idea of some stuff to look at.

I'll start off the list with Oculus published titles you'll need revive for, which if you haven't used it before is generally incredibly easy to set up and use, though sometimes people have performance issues on some games.

-Chronos you'll need a gamepad to play it, its a seated 3rd person action RPG, a sort of dark souls lite. It has an interesting mechanic with your character aging, and is a fun 10+ hour game with beautiful locations. Some people think 3rd person in VR seems weird, but its a really enjoyable and quality VR experience.
-Lone Echo My personal choice for best VR game yet released, worth looking into at least. AAA production values, an amazing NPC companion and acting, beautiful world to explore at your pace (the first part is open to explore the whole area in whatever order you want), fun story, and probably 6-7 hour campaign.
-The Mage's Tale The best dungeon crawler RPG so far in VR (though theres only a couple to be fair..) still, it has some fun spell crafting, is a long 10+ hour game, lots of levels, beautiful environments, and some of the best exploration i've ever seen in a dungeon crawler. There are secrets upon secrets, in other secrets next to other secrets. The world is packed with so much hidden stuff (and I don't just mean collectables, but hidden passages and stuff), that you are basically guaranteed to miss a bunch of stuff without realizing it. This one also is coming to steam and the vive, though I don't think they've said the exact date when it will, so it might be worth just waiting for its release there or not depending on how much if any, you're interested. Still, when it does, well worth the price.
-Robo Recall One of, if not the best arcade action VR shoot-em-ups. Blow apart, rip apart robots, use them as shields, etc. about 9 different missions over several maps, boss battles, a great sense of humor and some of the best visuals this side of Lone Echo in VR. Its been a popular title so revive support is generally great with this one, in addition because Epic released the source info for it, someone made a native steamVR executable for it so it doesn't even need a wrapper.
-Wilson's Heart This one is a bit polarizing because its pretty light on the challenge and puzzle solving which is its biggest weakness. However, if you're the type that likes interactive fiction, it makes a great story to play through with some beautiful design and a great 50's horror aesthetic.
-Witchblood Another one that might seam silly in VR, its a side scrolling metroidvania game. Still, I really enjoyed it, and if you like that style of game you probably will to, and for like 7 bucks (4 or so on sale) I think it easily fits the bill as something worth its cost for a cute little 4 hour game.
-Arkitka.1 This came out recently, and its a pretty fun shooter. Made by the metro devs so its a beautiful world, a bunch of gun options and upgrades, they feel good to shoot, etc. Honestly I have a harder time saying this is worth it at full price, it didn't grab my like others, but if you catch it on sale I think its easily worth it, and if you're looking for polished experiences its another of the most polished and full AAA feeling games.
-The Unspoken Again, this is another I would say "if you catch it on sale". Its well done for what it is, has the best spell mechanics of any VR game i've played, and if you like 1v1 competitive games, you might really enjoy it, I'm just personal not a huge fan of that. However they are releasing a free update early next year of a single player campaign, so it might be worth looking at even more then.
-From Other Suns This actually isn't coming out until tuesday, but after playing the open beta, and knowing how they've improved locomotion since then, this is one of the games I'm most excited for. Its basically FTL, and I mean the literally, almost down to the nuts and bolts of it in every way, with the catch that its in VR and you're in first person controlling the ship with a crew of friends online, or AI by yourself. You also get to teleport away on away missions, repel borders, board enemy ships, run across random problems and borderlands style random weapons loot. And as a rougelike, when you die you die and that run is over, so it should have some great replayability. As far as I could tell during the beta, revive worked just fine.

Theres also a few free experiences on the oculus store worth checking out since, hey, they're free, why not.
-Lucky's Tale This is a fun little mario ripoff sort of platformer, but its cute, has a lot of charm and in the end is a really fun experience- especially at the price of free.
-Mission ISS A virtual recreation of the space station interior and exterior with some educational details and videos you can check out along the way with some mini game things like controlling the canadarm. The best part is the incredible detail in the recreation and the fact you move around in zero g by pulling pushing and gliding through it.
-Dragon Front Not my cup of tea, but its free. Its a collectable card game thing, generally a lot of people on it since its also on the gearVR for free, but I'm just not a fan of those card game things. If you are though its probably worth a gander.
-Blade Runner Memory Lab A short maybe 30 minute blade runner experience where you investigate a crime, but its well done, and the holographic recording of actors used is the best I have ever seen.
-First Contact Nothing here really for anyone experienced with VR, but if you're showing VR to someone brand new, its right up there with The Lab as an experience to get people acclimated. I would actually say its better than the lab as a starting point because it goes reallly basic into how to interact in vr and its only a short experience, though really well done. Usually with someone new I'm showing VR I start them in First Contact, then load up The Lab. That covers all the bases.
EDIT: Oh I forgot Echo Arena Its the multiplayer component to Lone Echo, and its free for anyone. Its a sort of zero G disc soccer game thing by way of ender's game battle rooms. Worth checking out, but also a good test to see how you like the locomotion and mechanics before picking up Lone Echo.

Okay! So Oculus stuff out of the way, theres a lot on steam I would recommend to someone just getting into VR:

-Onward I was skeptical about this one for ages, but gave it a chance and enjoyed it, despite my hatred of waiting around after 1 death staring at a virtual screen waiting for the round to be over. Its probably the best and most complete milsim type shooter out there, especially in terms of polish.
-Pavlov The other big one, its nice to have a deathmatch mode with respawns, and its more forgiving with deaths and getting hit. Basically counterstrike VR. Though I haven't played this as much since...
-Bullets And More (BAM) The jankiest and ugliest of the milsim shooters by far. However, it introduced an ace up its sleeve with a very fun battle royale mode. I had never played and only vaguely heard of that pubg game so this was my first exposure and I had a blast. Its quite fun, though any other mode I'd eaaaaaaasily rather play onward or pavlov.
-Superhot Can't recommend this one enough. Wonderful game, fantastic. Great gimmick that works well in VR and the endless modes I could play for hours. It just makes you feel like a total bad rear end.
-Killing Floor Incursion Originally only on the oculus store, its coming to steam next week on the 14th. Theres a full single player co-op campaign, as well as a multiplayer horde mode. Basically zombie shooting but done really well. Polished, well executed and professional.
-Batman Arkham VR I will stress this if, and only if you either find it like %50 off on sale, or are really incredibly into batman that you'll pay full price. Its a wonderful experience, but thats all really, like an hour long experience.
-Star Trek: Bridge Crew If you're a fan of Star Trek it's a no brainer, but even if you're not and just like fun co-op stuff, its a really wonderful experience. You and 3 others man the stations and have to complete mission in the star ship, communication is key and leads to some amazing and fun moments (especially when poo poo hits the fan). It also has crossplay with not just oculus but PSVR as well so its been one of the more populated games, at least I've never had trouble finding a group. The downside is that Its a bit light on content, though there is a random mission mode, none of the categories of random end up being that random so they start to feel samey. Really needs an injection of content, but I still got my monies worth easily.
-Far Beyond A fun little sort of roguelike, where you're on a ship repairing the systems and trying to make it home. The repairing is the fun bit as stuff breaks all the time and you have to manually unscrew panels and replace parts etc. It can be a bit hard and unforgiving though, still worth a look if you like that sort of thing.
-New Retro Arcade If you like emulators and early 90's neon blacklight arcade aesthetic, this is a fun little title. Its a virtual arcade where you have to supply the roms and artwork for all the cabinets and posters around the place, but after that can wander around your own arcade playing games, etc.
-Pinball FX VR A really fun pinball game, I used to play this constantly. Absolutely the best way to play computer pinball, though my dream would be to have some real life classic tables in it instead of just their own custom tables. Still, its fun.
-A Bunch of Serious Sam Games Theres a bunch of serious sam games. If you like shooters and serious sam, probably worth a look.
-I Expect You to Die A fun escape room game where you'll die a lot and learn through trial and error. You're a 60's style secret agent in various scenarios trying to escape or accomplish a mission. Theres 5 different missions and you'll probably get at least 4 hours out of, though theres not a ton of replay unless you want to unlock all the secrets or beat a time record. Still its a heck of a lot of fun and worth it.
-The Gallery (both episodes_ A pair (though the first chapter is a lot shorter) of adventure games that really have a lot of charm and atmosphere. Well made and worth every penny if you like adventure games.
-Arizona Sunshine I haven't actually played this one yet, but I've heard enough endorsements over the months to feel its something worth checking out.
-Rec Room A free experience, it has some fun games, but sometimes can get overloaded with obnoxious little kids. Still, its free.
-Obduction My favorite VR puzzle game so far. Absolutely amazing world to explore and some of the best puzzles ever in a Myst style game. Everything felt like natural problem solving to get past stuff, instead of feeling like "heres a sliding puzzle unconnected to anything, now solve it to continue". Can't recommend it enough if you like adventure games, however I've heard it has some performance issues if you don't have a better video card.

Ok, my brain is starting to turn to mush trying to remember all these games, and I know I'm probably forgetting a ton of games, not to mention the great games that I haven't played so can't comment on. All of these though I've considered worth the money to myself, and maybe that will give you some ideas of whats worth your money if anything sounds interesting to you.

*note, this post was in response to someone with a vive so you can ignore all the stuff about revive.

EDIT:

WMain00 posted:

I'm trying to order a Rift through their website but i'm having massive issues. My card isn't being accepted whatsoever, whether through their website or paypal. It's got the funds and everything but it just bounces back saying it's not being accepted?

You could contact support or try just ordering through amazon or newegg or whatever 3rd party if you don't want to wait 24 hours for a response. Are you trying to order from another country or something like that where its not technically for sale? Its such a vague situation there could be a million reasons its not working.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 23, 2017

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

No worries I cancelled it and swapped over to Amazon. No idea what's wrong with their payment system.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Less Fat Luke posted:

How do people find the Vorpx drivers? I see a lot of Reddit people poo poo on them but it seems mostly just cause it's not a free package.

I've had them for ages along with Tridef, from back in the DK1 days when me and my nerd pal who also got one were in the 'Oh man IMAGINE GUILD WARS!!, no no BIOSHOCK!!!!!! no no no no WoW!!!' phase of VR, where we wanted to try everything in it.
They are a real fudge imo, the depth is way off, as in pretty much non existent, feels much more like you really have a big TV strapped to your head.
Early on it was good, but now Vorpx looks really out dated and feels like the band aid that it is.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
I just decided that £350 (us poor Brits are going to being looking back with nostalgia to the days when 1£ = 1$) was my "ah, gently caress it, go on" breakpoint for an Oculus Rift. I may have had a few drinks earlier on this evening...

I think I eventually managed to buy one. Their payment/checkout process is terrible though.

I suppose I can't blame Oculus/Facebook/whatever for my bank immediately declining the $1 test transaction they presumably sent to make sure it's a real card, and to be fair to bank the message with 'text us back a "Y" to confirm this is you and unlock the card' is a huge improvement on the usual poo poo I have to go through whenever I'm daft enough to try and buy expensive electronics online.

But I dare anyone to try and get the Oculus site to accept a different payment/delivery address after card is unlocked.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, don't bother getting VorpX at this point. It was kind of neat to try lots of things when VR was new and lacked content (dk2 era). Can put that money into actual games now.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Phuzun posted:

Yeah, don't bother getting VorpX at this point. It was kind of neat to try lots of things when VR was new and lacked content (dk2 era). Can put that money into actual games now.

Gotcha, thanks!

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing the hell out of Sairento now that I figured out the progression, relic, and loadout system. I don't particularly love the melee weapons because it feels wrong compared to Gorn but shotgun + sniper rifle (as a giant pistol) is crazy good and satisfying.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

EbolaIvory posted:

Open VR advanced settings. Floor Fix.

https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

I think thats the current one? No idea. But that should help either way.

Please explain this like I'm a retarded four year old...

What do I actually do with this GitHub? Installing it doesn't seem to change any Steam VR settings for me... My overlay is still the same. I followed their instructions but must be missing something (my brain).

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

smoobles posted:

What do I actually do with this GitHub? Installing it doesn't seem to change any Steam VR settings for me... My overlay is still the same. I followed their instructions but must be missing something (my brain).

In the steamVR desktop dashboard there’s an option for applications and check the box next to advanced settings to get the feature

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

smoobles posted:

Open up your big picture thingy. Look down. Theres a new option Advanced settings. Go there. Theres an option for floor fix. Do that.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

EbolaIvory posted:

Open up your big picture thingy. Look down. Theres a new option Advanced settings. Go there. Theres an option for floor fix. Do that.

Oh cool, that fixed the height. Didn't do anything for the tilt though.

I've read that tilt is a headset issue, so I'm probably hosed. It's out of warranty too, dang.

edit: Starting SteamVR with the headset facing upward seems to fix my issue, in tandem with the Floor Fix feature. I guess this is my routine when starting SteamVR now until some sort of official fix comes out.

smoobles fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 24, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

smoobles posted:

Oh cool, that fixed the height. Didn't do anything for the tilt though.

I've read that tilt is a headset issue, so I'm probably hosed. It's out of warranty too, dang.

edit: Starting SteamVR with the headset facing upward seems to fix my issue, in tandem with the Floor Fix feature. I guess this is my routine when starting SteamVR now until some sort of official fix comes out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/5i5ntv/room_calibration_tilt_angle_solved_finally/

All I could find without going super ham google fu. Looks like the solution unless you dropped your headset?

EDIT: You saved as I hit quote you bastage!

Glad you fixed it man. :)

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Manky posted:

Zenni's great! a previous post of mine:

I bought Zenni's and got the Oculus rift inserts 3d printed by a service. Worked great even with my poo poo prescription and only cost me like $55 total for both thinner lenses + coating and the printing. You could def getting cheaper if your prescription is better and you have access to a printer.

I'd recommend it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Dunno if anyone cares, but the PSVR core headset seems to be $200 at Gamestop and Target right now:

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/playstation-vr/129497

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-174-vr/-/A-50985363

If you're a US military vet, you can get it tax free and shipping free at the exchange site:

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/sony-playstation-vr/8177310

Fake edit:

Also, I'm really loving glad I flipped my Dell Visor + Controllers on eBay a week ago for $430; now there's piles of them on eBay for $250, talk about a stinker: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=dell+headset+visor&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Batman Arkham VR - When the Joker told me to come closer, I physically shook my head and out loud said "No."

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

w00tazn posted:

I bought Zenni's and got the Oculus rift inserts 3d printed by a service. Worked great even with my poo poo prescription and only cost me like $55 total for both thinner lenses + coating and the printing. You could def getting cheaper if your prescription is better and you have access to a printer.

I'd recommend it.

Just bought these myself. Have said poo poo prescription (-6) so they ended up being more expensive, but hopefully worth it.

My current glasses, despite being quite big still fit ok in the headset. I just get tired of them smearing all the time and getting stuck if I'm doing Dev work continually pulling theheadset on and off.

Will be interesting to see if I can 3d print the frames for the oculus. I don't have a 3d printer, but a local library does....

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

smoobles posted:

Anyone know how to fix Vive floor tilt problem? My floor is tilted like 15 degrees and the floor is 3 feet too high.

Tried room setup over and over to no avail, firmware is all up to date.

Redo the room setup but look at the pictures of how the controllers are placed. Place your controllers exactly in the center of the room in the way they ask (touchpads up). I had the same issue when I placed the controllers touchpad down. Touchpad down makes more sense to me since it would be more stable but the software wants touchpads up.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Is the Google Daydream worthwhile for anything?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

Not really.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Whoa, just found this thing called CAOTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQJS8ir9sQ

The VR locomotion problem may have a decent solution without having to purchase a dumb treadmill.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Exioce posted:

The VR locomotion problem may have a decent solution without having to purchase a dumb treadmill.

Don't understand why this implementation hasn't been incorporated yet, as it seems like the easiest, cheapest and arguably safest solution to provide locomotion. That and your brain can be easily fooled into thinking its moving if you're performing standing walk actions.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Exioce posted:

I think me and saq have joked about this a dozen times.

Download the demo from steam. It’s “fine” but for anything with lots of actual walking and running it would be obnoxious.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

It also sounds like hell for people who tend to sweat a lot and fog up their headsets

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I purchased a Lenovo mixed reality headset through microsoft's black friday deals. $150 off. I'll strictly be using it for racing sim stuff, the reviews from sim racers using it for assetto corsa and iracing say it works perfectly fine but enjoy the extra clarity from the resolution boost.

Cool! time to start building a new racing cockpit.

I was having a hard time searching google... Can anyone tell me what frames per second to look for in a benchmark on a 2d screen in order to get 90fps in a vr setup ? I'm averaging a little over 250fps in assetto corsa on max settings with post processing disabled on a 2d monitor with max fps in the benchmark over 300. Will I be able to run assetto at 90fps in vr with the same settings ? How does 2d performance scale to VR performance ?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SwissCM posted:

Not really.

Ugh, that sucks. I'm interested in VR but am probably going to have to wait till I get a new computer to actually be able to use the main headsets.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Main Paineframe posted:

It's good enough for Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
I gotta say the Oculus store sucks in regards to sales. This morning I thought to myself now would be a good time to pick up Lone Echo and Superhot VR since it's Black Friday and surely everything on the site is on sale to some extent!

Nope. Neither one is. Ok, well, I enjoy a good dungeon crawl; I guess I'll give Mage's Tale a shot..

Not on sale.

What the everloving gently caress??

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Maybe things will go on sale for cyber monday

Tomathan
Nov 6, 2006
They won't let us wear our baggy pants

Exioce posted:

This is my favorite locomotion system so far, unfortunately its not really used anywhere. The demo is on steam as Freedom Locomotion VR. Play it til you unlock the hiking trail then raise the speed to the max and head over to the frozen lake. Its the closest any vr game has come to making me feel like I am actually the one running at 50 kmh. Then again I haven't tried any of the other arm waving locomotion games.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Terrific Accident posted:

It also sounds like hell for people who tend to sweat a lot and fog up their headsets

Also doesn’t work well for people who have some sort of disability that prevents them from walking in place. I’d like to think that whatever locomotion solution VR lands on will be on that can accommodate people in wheelchairs.

But that being said, it does look like a good step forward! I’m excited to see where VR is in a year or two from now.

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 24, 2017

Tomathan
Nov 6, 2006
They won't let us wear our baggy pants
The other nice things about the CAOTS system in Freedom Locomotion is you can raise the amount of speed from your arm swings vs the headset bounce of jogging in place. So if you want you could move from just arm swinging or just the running in place, but if you raise the limit on both to the max that's where the fastest movement comes from.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I had never played Serious Sam 3 before. The first couple of levels aren't the greatest but I just hit the first 'real' level where the corridors open up into your typical SS arenas and hoooooly hell. The frantic Sam action I love with more complex battlegrounds, killer graphics and even some destructible environments. Taking on the mancubus things with the Devastator as sandstone columns crashed down around me is now in my top 10 favourite vr experiences.

Actually, let me try to rank those experiences, just for fun.

1. Jamming my head into the floor at That Part in Budget Cuts
2. Sitting on top of the CN Tower in Google Earth
3. lone echo spoilers: trying to rescue and then rescussitate Liz.
4. Getting above 100 in an endless mode in Superhot
5. Climbing up The Well in Climbey with a random dude. Took us more than an hour to get to the top.
6. Aforementioned Serious Sam 3 fight
7. Injuring my hand on the ceiling playing with the balloons in the tutorial
8. Beating the level with the flying neon dragon guy in Last Hope on Hard
9. The one day a bunch of goons got together for Rec Room
10. Watching 'Tour de Pharmacy' on Bigscreen, some randoms came in with no idea what it was and good times were had by all.

I friggin love vr.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

TheKeeper posted:

I gotta say the Oculus store sucks in regards to sales. This morning I thought to myself now would be a good time to pick up Lone Echo and Superhot VR since it's Black Friday and surely everything on the site is on sale to some extent!

Nope. Neither one is. Ok, well, I enjoy a good dungeon crawl; I guess I'll give Mage's Tale a shot..

Not on sale.

What the everloving gently caress??

All of those are in the collection pack 1 with some other games like space pirate trainer for $100. I think the others were I Expect You to Die, some RC car thing I haven't tried yet, and eagle flight something. If you want those three it's probably worth it. SPT and IEYTD are good too.

Edit: RC thing is Blaze Rush. Collection Pack 1

It also lowers the price if you already own some.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 24, 2017

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
GTX 1080 and 1070Ti both seem like a reasonable price point for something generally considered okay for VR-- can anyone confirm that the 1080 (non-Ti) is desirable over the other and worth the small price difference? Also, is the 1080Ti better than the 1080 by enough to justify the large price difference?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Seashell Salesman posted:

GTX 1080 and 1070Ti both seem like a reasonable price point for something generally considered okay for VR-- can anyone confirm that the 1080 (non-Ti) is desirable over the other and worth the small price difference? Also, is the 1080Ti better than the 1080 by enough to justify the large price difference?

Buying a 1080 is worth it. Don’t go 1070. Not this late in the cycle.

I wish I’d of spent the 200ish sometimes on the ti. Other times I’m glad I didn’t. Ultimately I’m happy with my 1080 non ti and am super happy I spent the extra 50 bucks for it.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

EbolaIvory posted:

Buying a 1080 is worth it. Don’t go 1070. Not this late in the cycle.

I wish I’d of spent the 200ish sometimes on the ti. Other times I’m glad I didn’t. Ultimately I’m happy with my 1080 non ti and am super happy I spent the extra 50 bucks for it.

1070ti is new and about equal to the 1080. I would get whichever is cheaper.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Haha now I'm even less sure which to buy than before I asked. It seems like 1080 is 40-90 dollars more than 1070Ti but without doing days of research it's hard to know which pairs of cards are a fair comparison.

e: I'm inclined to buy this because the equivalent card in 1080 is out of stock, but before I do I'm curious to know what the important spec difference(s) are between this an non-Ti 1080 for VR purposes if anyone knows off the top of their head?

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 24, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

rage-saq posted:

1070ti is new and about equal to the 1080. I would get whichever is cheaper.

The 1080 is faster and for 50 bucks you’d be dumb to not go that route.

499-509 all day long on 1080s.

There’s 4 1080s on Amazon for 504-508
I picked mine up for 509 from Newegg.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Tom Guycot posted:

So I haven't posted anything my ongoing photogrammetry tests in a while, because frankly I was getting burnt out manualy editing the meshes on large structures. It was so painful to try to smooth out lumpy geometry, fill in shapes that weren't flat square things like walls and dressers etc, and even with the easy stuff it was time consuming to make it line up.

Well... all that is now solved. The ultimate answer to all prayers is solved. Medium with its latest update now lets you keep the scale and position of imported meshes. So I can import an OBJ right out of photoscan, turn it to clay, sculpt and smooth it so naturally and quickly its mind blowing, and then export and dump it right back into photoscan to retexture it with amazing results.

This is an incredible idea. Work has done some laser + photogrammetry scans that I have access too and I've been mucking about with them trying to see if I can get a decent mesh out of it that I can experiment with retopologising. I'm definitely going to have to try this.

Problem at the moment is I can't find a decent laser + photogrammetry program that isn't stupidly expensive or locked behind a subscription.

I've tried meshlab, but since my initial geometry has so many holes the poission reconstruction creates giant bubbles everywhere. Ball pivot always crashes.

I got an amazing laser mesh + photo reconstruction out of Autodesk Recap Pro, this one looks great. But one caveat is you need to upload your project to their servers to do the conversion.

I want to try Reality Capture but it looks like the free version disables mesh export. I'll have to see if I can get a trial and experiment.

I've been repairing and painting what I've managed to get out in Blender - but I love the idea of using Medium. Seems very zen. When I last tried I had difficulty since whenever I scaled the model up the z (up) offset was too high and I couldn't actually reach anything. I assume I can just offset that in Blender though and reimport - I just haven't tried it yet.