Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Like Symphony of the Night?

gently caress, I'd love that game to show up on the eShop. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Mongoose posted:

I had a 4 person Friendsgiving party yesterday, so on the way over I grabbed a Nintendo point card from 7/11 and downloaded Overcooked. After cooking and feasting I set up the dock, passed out the joycons and we went on a cooking journey through time. No performance issues, lots of yelling and laughing; 10/10 Switch and Overcooked are perfect for Thanksgiving.

Yeah I moves into a house with 5 other people. Overcooked is crazy good for roommate bonding time.

I might get Worms WMD for that exact reason.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I never see the point of worrying about digital games other than losing the ability to resell. By the time servers go down and you can’t redownload, piracy will take care of anything you need.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Overcooked is great if you got others to play with aka want to really test your relationship with them

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 24, 2017

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I know it's been a while, but I've got to ask

virtual console when

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is Overcooked fun with 2 people?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It is very fun with 2 people

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Overcooked fun with 2 people?

Not really. It's a lot harder to obfuscate who murdered whom during the mid-round argument before the cops turn up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Abel Wingnut posted:

just got a switch a few days ago. plowing through zelda now. how's fifa?

Not as good as Zelda I'd bet

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Abel Wingnut posted:

just got a switch a few days ago. plowing through zelda now. how's fifa?

exactly the same as the last few years of fifa on the other consoles so if you like them you'll like it

it's good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a lot harder to obfuscate who murdered whom during the mid-round argument before the cops turn up.

It's funny to me that people keep referring to this game as a rage inducing game when I found it to be a chill cooperative game. And it welcomes players of all skill levels while also being challenging. But there was a lot to chat about before and during games, it was mostly just plotting our follow-up attempts to get 3 stars

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
18 bux for a wired pro controller, I went for the economic choice and now I have a sweet red controller with Mario designs on it. Almost went with a black BoW-themed one, but the Mario controller has better illustrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Spellman posted:

It's funny to me that people keep referring to this game as a rage inducing game when I found it to be a chill cooperative game. And it welcomes players of all skill levels while also being challenging. But there was a lot to chat about before and during games, it was mostly just plotting our follow-up attempts to get 3 stars
I mean you're right that is all there too. We had some moments though that made us be a bit more frank, for the better.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

man nurse posted:

I know it's been a while, but I've got to ask

virtual console when
Hasn't been a peep about a date yet.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The success of Bomberman is what has spurred Konami to have talks about Castlevania games returning to a Nintendo exclusive according to rumors. Remember classic Castlevania games were exclusive to the Nintendo handhelds before they were outsourced to western devs
The Dracula X Chronicles (which included ports of Rondo of Blood and SOTN) came out for PSP.

I guess you could argue that new-release handheld Igarashivanias were "Nintendo exclusives", but that's kind of irrelevant to Konami now that Bloodstained is both non-Konami and multiplatform.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/933878517745332224

The next generation of Kirby is here.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Everyone forgets about Castlevania ReBirth on Wii.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/RainwayApp/status/933116500105363456

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Why are you posting my avatar from over 10 years ago?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
you guys, super mario world is on the switch right now

...in the form of a jazzy piano cover of the theme from a boombox :v:

https://twitter.com/switch_afro/status/933038961538220032

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Do you still need someone to pick up games for you? I might try to get up to our Best Buy tomorrow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now I remember. I was going to buy Overcooked but read that the Switch version is all hosed up. Have they fixed it yet?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I bought Overcooked for Switch when it came out and have not encountered a single thing about it that I would consider to be "all hosed up", except for my friends' so-called "strategies"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

Now I remember. I was going to buy Overcooked but read that the Switch version is all hosed up. Have they fixed it yet?

I believe they did shortly after release.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I bought Golf Story and Cat Quest to survive holidays at the in-laws with no internet and both are fantastically charming little indie games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HMS Beagle posted:

Do you still need someone to pick up games for you? I might try to get up to our Best Buy tomorrow.

I do if you can somehow snag Disgaea and Dragonball Xenoverse for me :nyoron:

You can hit me up at my username @gmail

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Has Stardew's Patch been released yet?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hey heads up. I just got an e-mail for my miiverse posts. So if you requested your history you might be getting it soon.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A new miiverse you say?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Just an archive of all the stuff you posted to miiverse, because of the shutdown. Just a zip of all your posts. I got mine, too. (I didn't use it very much, sad to say.)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been playing Overcooked. Fun game but the controls are bad. I'm guessing they are deliberately floaty but the game is already challenging enough. Really wish the controls were tighter.

Also, checked out BB and the only 2 switch games that were sold out were Disgaea and that Dragonball game. Cant' say I am surprised.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lodin posted:

The port of Stick it to the Man is supposedly good acording to some guy at Destructoid who seems to really love it. So do I so it's currently downloading despite me telling myself I was done buying games for the month.
It's pretty much a point and click platformer with Psychonauts visuals and humour.
https://www.destructoid.com/stick-it-to-the-man-on-switch-still-makes-me-giggle-474173.phtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0dUMYyJdQ
This looks really cool, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's amusing enough but it's been out on other systems for years now and the sort of thing you play once go 'oh that was neat' then forget about completely.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The light on the Pro controller isn't coming on when the Switch is in sleep mode. Does it really only charge when the console is on?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Single-joycon control in the Nine Parchments demo is... interesting. They actually try to keep the four face buttons as a pseudo-right stick, which means making a bunch of weird concessions like using SL+SR as a unique input, and even using ZL/ZR, which I thought wasn't allowed and/or was disabled at a software level.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

A good chunk of the previews for XC2 say they fixed a lot with what was wrong with X and is closer to XC1 in nature.

I keep seeing this mentioned like it's a good thing but believe me you reaaaally don't want the game more similar to XC1 than XCX in gameplay aspects like combat, side quests and exploration. Story, setting and maybe music though, sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kawabata posted:

I keep seeing this mentioned like it's a good thing but believe me you reaaaally don't want the game more similar to XC1 than XCX in gameplay aspects like combat, side quests and exploration. Story, setting and maybe music though, sure.

Given that it's set across multiple giants, it's pretty likely gonna skew towards XCX for exploration.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nine Parchments demo trip report: Played for half an hour, died four times, every single one was falling off the edge of the level, ragequit because that's loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry you can't walk properly

• Locked thread