Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is the Turkey Day content gonna be up for a little while if we can't stream due to the sinful nature of man and/or internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

Is the Turkey Day content gonna be up for a little while if we can't stream due to the sinful nature of man and/or internet

They typically put the intros on YouTube shortly after the marathon ends.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nessus posted:

I think there's still three more to go.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TL posted:

They typically put the intros on YouTube shortly after the marathon ends.
Oh I meant more the episodes themselves, like if we can load a copy of the stream or whatever. If not, that's fine, I'll just put on some other episodes once I'm home.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm ready for some Big Stupid.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Crow T. Guthrie...

IN CARS!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nessus posted:

Oh I meant more the episodes themselves, like if we can load a copy of the stream or whatever. If not, that's fine, I'll just put on some other episodes once I'm home.

At least two of the episodes are already on Shout Factory's website

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Crow as Jack Elam is one of my favorite host segments ever.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TL posted:

Crow as Jack Elam is one of my favorite host segments ever.

That moment when he's just bobbing in place with his eyes askew and making that weird noise makes me laugh like an idiot every time.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Did I just hear them say they're showing Santa Claus?

Edit: Oh hell yes, I'm here for this holiday madness.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay they are absolutely playing coy. "Is there something we forgot?"

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

They totally tricked me out when Joel said “are we forgetting something...?” And I thought they were gonna drop a season 12 announcement. :mad:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
"Sold my hair? No..."

Was there ever any kind of followup to this? I've always wondered about it.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

JOIKE

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ballz posted:

They totally tricked me out when Joel said “are we forgetting something...?” And I thought they were gonna drop a season 12 announcement. :mad:

All the live segments so far have been kind of a nudge-nudge "wasn't season 11 so great guys?" which really feels like they're building up to an announcement. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

I love JOIKE

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay they are absolutely playing coy. "Is there something we forgot?"

I swear to Christ if they announce season 12 and then go "By the by, it airs in a month"

I don't even know

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think they’re doing it really low-key. I don’t even know if it’s completely scripted.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

business hammocks posted:

I think they’re doing it really low-key. I don’t even know if it’s completely scripted.

It's nice that it has some production value though. I remember a few years ago, it was literally just Joel with a webcam.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Santa's problematic toy factory

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I love Mike’s quiet “hey”s at the nationalistic jokes in this one

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ferret posted:

Santa's problematic toy factory

Welcome to the land of stereotypes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Command Ant posted:

"Sold my hair? No..."

Was there ever any kind of followup to this? I've always wondered about it.

It's a Gift of the Magi reference. In that story the girl sells her hair to buy her husband a watch fob, while he sells his watch to buy her combs.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
I love it when I watch an episode I haven't seen in a while and catch a joke I hadn't got previously. When Servo says "Get it on in the morning now" when Santa is jamming on the organ, he's referring to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SW2Z3_d8I

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's a Gift of the Magi reference. In that story the girl sells her hair to buy her husband a watch fob, while he sells his watch to buy her combs.

The joke is that he didn’t sell his hair even though that’s the setup, since he gets confused when Forrester asks if he sold the hair.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

business hammocks posted:

The joke is that he didn’t sell his hair even though that’s the setup, since he gets confused when Forrester asks if he sold the hair.

Yeah this. I'm not sure how someone could miss the joke.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
This weird enough for you folks?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Are you ready to be merry?

YEEEESSS!!

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I keep forgetting about this host segment. It's almost like I get to re-experience it every time. Santa Klaws for best christmas band of all time? I think so.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know who's seen the Rifftrax Live of this movie, but this scene with the giant dolls was longer. The dolls did this big dance number around Lupita, who looked terrified.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't know who's seen the Rifftrax Live of this movie, but this scene with the giant dolls was longer. The dolls did this big dance number around Lupita, who looked terrified.

Good lord, this movie's longer than what we see here? It already feels like it's 3 hours long.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, the full version of this movie is even more bonkers than this edit.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

soupcan58 posted:

Good lord, this movie's longer than what we see here? It already feels like it's 3 hours long.

Yeah there are several scenes with Merlin that were also cut including some other dude who lives at the North Pole who was cut entirely from the MST episode.

The MST version is funnier, but the Rifftrax Live version is still worth checking out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There's something like five minutes of Merlin tottering around his laboratory in the beginning of the film.

As in, just Merlin shuffling to get something, forgetting what he wanted, remembering, and shuffling back to his workbench, realizing he needs something else, and so back to the shelf...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This is some weird theology!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

All hail Greg, who sees all.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
The devil whispers, "He is going to murder you!", to a child in a Christmas movie...

I love this movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

"this guy trained the king of England?"

No kidding. Dude's the most powerful wizard from Europe's most violent era and a bumbling buffoon? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM SANTA? HOW DID YOU BREAK HIM?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In the name of Santa, Merlin, and the Elves.
Amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That was a good episode the end the marathon with. Or is there one more? I lost track.