Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
What is the culprit on my setup? GTX 970, Core i5, 16GB RAM game installed on SDD but I do not get optimal FPS.
Everything on very low but draw distance on ultra and texture on medium. Anyone with a similar setup? Any options I can tweak or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Nearly identical setup, but I don't have any special settings set. I followed that optimization guide posted and started crashing to desktop so I undid that, otherwise the game performs pretty well. 40-60fps unless there's ~6 guys around when it drops down to something dumb like 10 :gonk:

E: lower the draw distance? Mine is set on High. Other settings:
https://imgur.com/aRFKUbK

i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz
12GB ram
SSD

CloFan fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 23, 2017

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Top notch duel tactics from me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhHtjALeiIw

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
man I could feel your heart rate...if you're looking for career advice, do yourself a favor and scratch "helicopter pilot" off the list

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

man I could feel your heart rate...if you're looking for career advice, do yourself a favor and scratch "helicopter pilot" off the list

lol yeah this entire game i saw noone this was like my first interaction w/ a dude so i was extra hype for the fight

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hahaha loving awesome

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Le0 posted:

What is the culprit on my setup? GTX 970, Core i5, 16GB RAM game installed on SDD but I do not get optimal FPS.
Everything on very low but draw distance on ultra and texture on medium. Anyone with a similar setup? Any options I can tweak or something?

What does optimal FPS mean to you? My setup is very close to yours (depending on which i5 CPU) and my FPS is okay'ish (has dropped a bunch during the latest anti cheat update) and only under certain conditions drops below 60.
I run texture and AA on ultra, draw on low. Everything else very low I believe. I play full screen. 1080p.
Make sure your screen scale is at 100 exactly. If you have messed with the slider before check it in the .ini file since the slider doesn't show decimals.
Make sure the .ini file has your native resolution as default.
My Nvidia settings are Vsync off, optimized for single display, prefer max power, threaded optimization on, (1) max pre-rendered frames.
I have turned steam overlay off in pubg
Checked the "override high DPI scaling behaviour" in the .exe compatibility option.
Make sure your RAM are on the XMP profile (done it bios).

But yea, the game has been running worse and worse for me with every patch.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 23, 2017

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Ideally to not drop below 60FPS. I know it's not a good benchmark but I get like 25FPS on the starting island with everyone. If I go to military base or school I'm always below 60.
I will double check my NVIDIA settings I didn't really look at them.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Checked the "override high DPI scaling behaviour" in the .exe compatibility option.

I read that this was the big one, but unfortunately I'm running Windows 7. Hoping the performance improves in the coming update.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

:allears:

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
loving jumped in through a bathroom window after a guy barricaded himself inside it and 686'd him in his stupid face

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Zo posted:

it would make no sense to split your dev team and have half of them support the live version which would be dead in a few months. they've repeatedly said this but immensely entitled babies are still gonna complain about the lack of updates.

They kind of put themselves into that situation already by releasing the game as open "early access" rather than limited beta. They had to deal with operations scaling to 20M users while trying to also produce new content and performance improvements. That's a monstrous undertaking and I'm surprised they've handled it as well as they have. I'm sure they already have more than half their staff dealing with operations rather than development.

Don't get me wrong, I want this game finished yesterday, but we have to admit that it would have been finished months ago if they had been able to do the scaling /after/ they had stabilized the netcode and etc.
The tradeoff being of course, the early access sales has given them all the money in the world, which they might not have been able to raise otherwise. They might also have missed a critical market window if they'd not released until say September.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 23, 2017

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Le0 posted:

I read somewhere that putting some stuff on Very Low means the CPU will do the rendering, and putting them to Medium would offload it to the GPU. This could be total bullshit though, I have no source reference for it even.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

is it ok to post replays that we are v proud of and will show to our kids one day? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203654653

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I read somewhere that putting some stuff on Very Low means the CPU will do the rendering, and putting them to Medium would offload it to the GPU. This could be total bullshit though, I have no source reference for it even.

This is true, I'd like to know what's what.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

The worst thing you did in this video was not even hestitating to loot without healing or checking to see if anyone else was coming.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

The worst thing you did in this video was not even hestitating to loot without healing or checking to see if anyone else was coming.

Yeah. I once got into a zone, killed a guy and went to heal in cover. Went to loot, killed another guy. I was in the rear end end of nowhere and thought this must be it, there can't be any more people. Started looting and some dude walks up from the blue zone.

After watching some pro players streaming they play a ton more carefully than me. That doesn't mean passive playstyle, but a more suspicious one.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Le0 posted:

Ideally to not drop below 60FPS. I know it's not a good benchmark but I get like 25FPS on the starting island with everyone. If I go to military base or school I'm always below 60.
I will double check my NVIDIA settings I didn't really look at them.
also, does your inventory screen stutter the game briefly or is it smooth? make sure inventory rendering is disabled and if it's still choppy your textures are set too high for your vid card.

Ihmemies posted:

After watching some pro players streaming they play a ton more carefully than me. That doesn't mean passive playstyle, but a more suspicious one.
except shroud who literally stands in a field waiting for people to shoot at him

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ihmemies posted:

I seem to have the opposite problem, my best games are almost always those where I'm not giving any fucks and just charging in to situations.

Last night for example one of our squad got killed really early so the rest of us decided to try to get ourselves killed. I tied my record for most kills in a game and we probably would have dinnered if not for one of our guys game crashing. Two of us were knocked but were tracking the last guy on the other team, then our guy crashes and gets killed by the blue before he can get back in.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

tote up a bags posted:

is it ok to post replays that we are v proud of and will show to our kids one day? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203654653

It's pretty funny that they basically put a hitscan weapon in an ARMA clone.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Triple headshots on a bunch of dummies.

https://plays.tv/video/5a171e465a75...Gh1bWIifQ%3D%3D

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ihmemies posted:

wolrah posted:

I seem to have the opposite problem, my best games are almost always those where I'm not giving any fucks and just charging in to situations.

Last night for example one of our squad got killed really early so the rest of us decided to try to get ourselves killed. I tied my record for most kills in a game and we probably would have dinnered if not for one of our guys game crashing. Two of us were knocked but were tracking the last guy on the other team, then our guy crashes and gets killed by the blue before he can get back in.

These things are not mutually exclusive. You just gotta make generous use of alt-looking while moving up to where you've seen or heard enemies. When you take out enemies quickly, they can't become a threat later. The mid game is all about finding people already in fights, find them and killing them. They are generally focused on eachother and taking cover against eachother, which means if you come in both sides are often easy pickings for you. However, you don't want to get into long engagements. If you're not taking out the enemy quickly, it's okay to break off. You don't want to ruin all of your armor, waste all of your ammo and meds and take a bunch of downs too early on.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:golfclap:

Don't listen to anyone else's advice you're doing totally fine

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
The new kill cam feature is pretty cool I guess

https://youtu.be/5b1iviFY9WE?t=8s

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The Mash posted:

It's pretty funny that they basically put a hitscan weapon in an ARMA clone.

add the heavy to pubg already

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Tokit posted:

The new kill cam feature is pretty cool I guess

https://youtu.be/5b1iviFY9WE?t=8s

How the gently caress did he not die

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

How the gently caress did he not die

He didn’t actually get hit by the car, it probably stopped and he danced around the side and shot the other guy. The killcam is really buggy when you move fast and interpolates movement way too much. So it “predicted” the car would just go full speed into the wall instead of stopping.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Kill cams are a really good addition and I hope they synch much better when they go live.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Dyz posted:

He didn’t actually get hit by the car, it probably stopped and he danced around the side and shot the other guy. The killcam is really buggy when you move fast and interpolates movement way too much. So it “predicted” the car would just go full speed into the wall instead of stopping.

The car exploded though, wouldn't that mean the servers' opinion was that the car hit the back wall?
Man, the netcode in this game seems so broken.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 29, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
As janky as the killcam is, it's still nice to see roughly where your killer was.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

I watched the Punisher over the last two days. For the first time ever I've recognized guns in tv/movies and it's because of this game. Some guns l thought were the same but just looked really close because of game attachments. I thought the punisher was pretty bad rear end until i saw him crawling prone through some trees and sweeping with his scope instead of scanning then zooming in on a spot. What a noob.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Just built a much much more powerful system and ready to come back to PUBG! Hope you guys don’t mind an expert like me inevitably hogging all those dinners.

(As soon as I figure out how to switch from semi to full automatic. Can someone help me on that?)

(Also the SKS is full-auto, right?)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cosmicjim posted:

I watched the Punisher over the last two days. For the first time ever I've recognized guns in tv/movies and it's because of this game. Some guns l thought were the same but just looked really close because of game attachments. I thought the punisher was pretty bad rear end until i saw him crawling prone through some trees and sweeping with his scope instead of scanning then zooming in on a spot. What a noob.

I've been watching it too, on Jopparoad's recommendation. It's pretty good. You can take some lessons from Frank, too. When you kill someone, only take anything you really NEED, and move. It's far better to have the enemy not know where you are than to be than it is to extremely kitted. The Kentucky scene was pure PUBG. Also, how is Frank's body not just pure scar tissue by now?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

The Kentucky scene was pure PUBG. Also, how is Frank's body not just pure scar tissue by now?

FirstAids and energy drinks

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

Just built a much much more powerful system and ready to come back to PUBG! Hope you guys don’t mind an expert like me inevitably hogging all those dinners.

(As soon as I figure out how to switch from semi to full automatic. Can someone help me on that?)

(Also the SKS is full-auto, right?)

Default is B button.

I don't think the SKS is full auto.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sks shoots really fast when clicking though.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Sks shoots really fast when clicking though.

I don’t really like the change without some compensation like lower recoil. The SKS is already kind of lame as a DMR.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

For those who played the test server, how bad was the fire rate nerf to the sks/mini? Will it only affect esport-level clicking or did they gently caress it up as hard as the m9?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Sparticle posted:

For those who played the test server, how bad was the fire rate nerf to the sks/mini? Will it only affect esport-level clicking or did they gently caress it up as hard as the m9?

It's insignificant for long range shots, but hurts the weapons' close range capabilities a little bit. The mini is still 10 shots per second or more.

Flaggy posted:

Default is B button.

Please don't feed the troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Flaggy posted:

Default is B button.

Not in game. Unless they add a 'filed down firing pin' attachment that lets you dump the entire magazine as soon as you reload it

• Locked thread