Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

markgreyam posted:

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award — Currently Gal*Gun: Double Peace

callll the poliiiiiiiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

markgreyam posted:

Go to place an award and just copy the text on the pop-up screen.

Oh, thanks. Man, they sure did forget to make any of this intuitive, huh?

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award — Currently Little Inferno
The “Choices Matter” Award — Currently The Stanley Parable
The “Haunts My Dreams” Award — Currently Fallout: New Vegas
The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award — Currently METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
The “No Apologies” Award — Currently Team Fortress 2
The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award — Currently Just Cause 2
The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award — Currently DOOM
The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award — Currently Cuphead
The “Defies Description” Award — Currently Jazzpunk: Director's Cut
The “Labor of Love” Award — Currently Terraria
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award — Currently Antichamber
The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award — Currently Wolfenstein: The New Order
The “Biggest Improvement Over Original” Award — Currently Watch_Dogs® 2

Wow, now that I look at the whole list, these name really are very bad.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone played Nioh on PC? Apparently it is really hard to run even on high end machines on medium? IS it really badly optimized or is that not true?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't really get why the awards aren't specific for time periods. Them being "all games on steam ever" is weird and kind of pointless.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh, word?

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

corn in the bible posted:

callll the poliiiiiiiiice

You know that talk is cheap
And rumors ain't nice

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Any suggestions for a one-handed gamer? I was hit by a car recently, and my left arm/wrist is broken. It'll be in a fiberglass cast for months. Mouse only controls preferred.

Thinking of these games for the Steam Sale:
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
West of Loathing
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Templar Battleforce
Civilization V (already own this and its DLC content, always wanted to get into it!)
Legend of Grimlock 1/2 (has a handicapped mouse only mode. lol, guess that applies to me.. :unsmith:)

The type of games I love:
Darkest Dungeon
XCOM 1/2
Invisible, Inc.
Transistor
Renowned Explorers: International Society
Undertale
SteamWorld Heist
Crypt of the NecroDancer

Jedah fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 25, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Jedah posted:

Any suggestions for a one-handed gamer? I was hit by a car recently, and my left arm/wrist is broken. It'll be in a fiberglass cast for months. Mouse only controls preferred.

I don't know how well they fit your tastes, but most people love PopCap games. They're mouse controlled, low intensity, tons of fun, and best of all 50% off!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Thank you, I'll check those out!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ariong posted:

I don't know how well they fit your tastes, but most people love PopCap games. They're mouse controlled, low intensity, tons of fun, and best of all 50% off!

I thought you were recommending HuniePop for a minute.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ulio posted:

Anyone played Nioh on PC? Apparently it is really hard to run even on high end machines on medium? IS it really badly optimized or is that not true?

It's mostly not true. It bogs down a little in the bigger areas and the more explosive boss fights but not enough to really detract.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

For the “Soul Of Vitruvius” award I voted for Thomas Was Alone, obv :smuggo:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jedah posted:

Civilization V (already own this and its DLC content, always wanted to get into it!)

well then you're already set, most people who get really into civ put more hours into them than you can fit in half a year's waking hours

you don't list any jrpgs but i'll recommend suikoden anyway, it's a game that's has a 1H option by design. unfortunately that hand is the left one, but you can easily rebind the d-pad to the right stick, X (confirm) to R1, O (cancel) to R2, and □ to Start--that's seriously all you need, and that's the right-handed analogue to their native left-hand controls.

in fact, once you get to the PS2 entries, you can set it to use the right stick to move by default, too.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Dark Scavenger is currently under $2, and only requires a mouse to play. It's an odd egg, combining choose your own adventure game book-like scenarios with light RPG combat. Every area in the game is loaded with things for your character to steal, and then haul back to your space ship, where they can be crafted by your choice of one of your three alien buddies into a usable ability for the combat portions of the game. The game feels very memorable to me, and I recommend it to anyone who can find the charm in something a little goofy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh man yeah, Dark Scavenger's great.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

LOGistICAL sounds right up my alley, but hoo boy those modules. Should I start with just the base game?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Knobb Manwich posted:

I thought you were recommending HuniePop for a minute.

That would certainly be a game that many people have played with one hand.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Jedah posted:

I've been playing Planescape Torment EE lately and at first I was quite annoyed that there is poo poo all to do for my left hand aside from highlighting things with Tab key. Before that I did D:OS2 which is WASD:ing all the time so not sure about that D:OS1 on your list (edit: but maybe that WASD is just for moving the map in small increments, can't remember how necessary it really is).

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 25, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Xaris posted:

I don't remember the ending overexplaining itself? I thought it was still pretty abstract-ish, i mean most damning part is don't really remembner it but I wasn't mad afterwards. Also if you really liked everything up until the ending, is that really a waste of time? Endings are a bit of cherry ontop but if the journey is fantastic then I can't be too mad.

The protagonist hallucinated all the gameplay and died at the campfire at the game's outset. The badass fellow diseased dude was a hallucination as well. I too felt it was a downer.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Just nominate whatever for whatever man, it’s not like these Steam awards have any meaning when every single game on Steam is eligible every single year. These awards are completely meaningless. I just picked random games I liked and nominated them for random awards. Maybe Deep Space Waifu will win big this year! Who knows. Make sure to nominate Bad Rats for something too.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
PUBG is going to win like six of the awards regardless of how well it fits or not anyway. loving Skyrim won the "test of time" award last year so nothing means anything.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
If we were clever we would coordinate and see if goons can get comedy options into the final voting but with stakes this low who even cares. I bet they don’t even give out a real award. It’s just, like, a picture of an award they send over by fax.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dropkickpikachu posted:

PUBG is going to win like six of the awards regardless of how well it fits or not anyway. loving Skyrim won the "test of time" award last year so nothing means anything.

Well Skyrim continues to be ported and sell on every conceivable platform including VR and the Switch, so maybe they're onto something.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

vorebane posted:

The protagonist hallucinated all the gameplay and died at the campfire at the game's outset. The badass fellow diseased dude was a hallucination as well. I too felt it was a downer.

holy poo poo that's awful

surely that's like the bad ending right?

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

bad day posted:

I bet they don’t even give out a real award. It’s just, like, a picture of an award they send over by fax.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bad day posted:

Just nominate whatever for whatever man, it’s not like these Steam awards have any meaning when every single game on Steam is eligible every single year. These awards are completely meaningless. I just picked random games I liked and nominated them for random awards. Maybe Deep Space Waifu will win big this year! Who knows. Make sure to nominate Bad Rats for something too.

Look, I'll have you know my choices were all 100% genuine. I spent real thought on this!

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Look, I'll have you know my choices were all 100% genuine. I spent real thought on this!

I liked Gabriel Knight 2 getting some love, I re-played it this year too. I also remember dying to a werewolf and a game over- screen, so not sure about that award criteria :gary:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

Nioh is cool. I love it and I hate it. It's basically Ninja Gaiden 3D from awhile back plus the vague elements from dark souls 1.

This post made me think it was on sale. Oh well

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Bolivar posted:

I've been playing Planescape Torment EE lately and at first I was quite annoyed that there is poo poo all to do for my left hand aside from highlighting things with Tab key. Before that I did D:OS2 which is WASD:ing all the time so not sure about that D:OS1 on your list (edit: but maybe that WASD is just for moving the map in small increments, can't remember how necessary it really is).
Good call. Could I maybe re-bind WASD to the arrow keys or numpad? If character movement relies on the keyboard, but the battles in D:OS1 are strictly turn-based, I should be okay. It's just real time combat and games that truly require two hands that wouldn't work (Starcraft 2 or FPS games, for example).

The Silver Snail posted:

Dark Scavenger is currently under $2, and only requires a mouse to play. It's an odd egg, combining choose your own adventure game book-like scenarios with light RPG combat
Dang, this looks awesome, thanks. I'd never heard of this game before, and it's only $1.25, too.

The White Dragon posted:

well then you're already set, most people who get really into civ put more hours into them than you can fit in half a year's waking hours
This is the answer, isn't it? Playing Civ for hundreds of hours like I should've done, years ago? I grabbed Brave New World after reading this thread, since folks loved it.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Jedah posted:

Good call. Could I maybe re-bind WASD to the arrow keys or numpad? If character movement relies on the keyboard, but the battles in D:OS1 are strictly turn-based, I should be okay. It's just real time combat and games that truly require two hands that wouldn't work (Starcraft 2 or FPS games, for example).

I think character movement is mouse... I would assume you can make it all work, some one else will know the details since I haven't played the first game and un-installed the second already :D

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ulio posted:

I am running Nioh of the highest settings.

I am running an old rear end i3-2120, with 8 gigs or ram, but with a Geforce 1060, and this game is running like a dream. Only slowdowns I've even encountered were the transitioning from one area to the next in some maps, and that MAYBE took half a second. Basically anything that could remotely hinder me while i'm playing with my settings did not affect me at all

Whatever reports they had of Nioh being a really bad port, they certainly took them time fixing it when i bought it (I bought this game like a week after it came out).

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I've been enjoying Tyranny pretty well and unless I'm woefully bad at remembering, I'm pretty sure I do almost everything with the mouse. Combat is real time with pause though, not sure if you can bind the pause button to the mouse or not.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

vorebane posted:

I don't think it implied that? What I got from it was he did die at the end, but managed to destroy that computer and stop the infection for others.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CJacobs posted:

The web game doesn't even rely on knowledge of the web game most of the time. KoL references everything that exists on our earth except for itself.

They referenced itself too, eventually!

Too Shy Guy posted:

It’s a well-known fact that you can apply RPG elements to nearly any kind of game, but there yet remains a few genres that this cross-pollination has not touched. You can cross pinball games off that list thanks to Rollers of the Realm, a medieval romp through forests and castles as adventuring classes of balls.

Jordan7hm posted:

This is bang on. It's a fun, chill adventure. The pinball is serviceable at best.

I still recommend it though, if you like Pinball. There's nothing else out there like it.

Sounds like someone never heard of Pinball Quest for NES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-BarBezc14

al-azad
May 28, 2009

bad day posted:

If we were clever we would coordinate and see if goons can get comedy options into the final voting but with stakes this low who even cares. I bet they don’t even give out a real award. It’s just, like, a picture of an award they send over by fax.

The only award that matters is GOTY 2013 to HEAT DEATH: Kentucky Route 0.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

al-azad posted:

The only award that matters is GOTY 2013 to HEAT DEATH: Kentucky Route 0.

You say that, but I hear that Kentucky Route Zero will finally finish early this year. Just in time for me to start it from scratch like it's a full game

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

It's mostly not true. It bogs down a little in the bigger areas and the more explosive boss fights but not enough to really detract.

Alright thanks.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Jedah posted:

All the erotic visual novels on Steam.
-
The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award — Currently Cities: Skylines
The “Choices Matter” Award — Currently West of Loathing
The “Haunts My Dreams” Award — Currently Rocket League®
The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award — Currently NieR:Automata™
The “No Apologies” Award — Currently OKAMI HD
The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award — Currently PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award — Currently Bayonetta
The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award — Currently Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
The “Defies Description” Award — Currently Doki Doki Literature Club!
The “Labor of Love” Award — Currently Path of Exile
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award — Currently Jettomero: Hero of the Universe
The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award — Currently Nex Machina
The “Biggest Letdown” Award — Currently Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™

Tried to keep it to recent or continually updated games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Jedah posted:

Maybe it would be a good time to look into a mouse with a bunch of programmable buttons? One handed with 3 buttons ain't the same as one handed with 12.