Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If any of you care, CBS Sports Network is apparently running the full set of 2017 World’s Strongest Man episodes consecutively any minute now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i know wrestling isn't exactly australia's strong suit and the no one gives a gently caress about the commonwealth games but robert whittaker just qualified for the australian team https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5vLJ-F4xP/

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i know wrestling isn't exactly australia's strong suit and the no one gives a gently caress about the commonwealth games but robert whittaker just qualified for the australian team https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5vLJ-F4xP/

good job.. i dont know about wrestling but the level of competition in other sports is pretty high. i can picture india sending some decent wrestlers

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If anyone is awake/alive/around, here's a slapdash GDT for Shanghai

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841694

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

If anyone is awake/alive/around, here's a slapdash GDT for Shanghai

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841694

Important question: Who was that heavyweight fighter who looked like their body was full of spider's eggs? Everytime he moved, the fat would shift, and show the outline of lumps just under his skin. It was memorable. However, his name and the fight were not.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

Important question: Who was that heavyweight fighter who looked like their body was full of spider's eggs? Everytime he moved, the fat would shift, and show the outline of lumps just under his skin. It was memorable. However, his name and the fight were not.

Josh "Heavy" Hendricks

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Maybe the UFC can talk Bisping into another short notice appearence given he isn't going to remember the Gastelum fight.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Trast posted:

Maybe the UFC can talk Bisping into another short notice appearence given he isn't going to remember the Gastelum fight.

Michael "The Champ" Bisping

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Maybe he can fight a lw next time

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Kelvin is so good when he's on, and it's incredibly depressing to think about how much better he could be if he actually took his poo poo seriously. He's the reincarnation of Korean BBQ-era Mach.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Kelvin's great and I want him to join that Bellator open weight tourney with like Fedor and Rory MacDonald

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Bisping gif.

Slow-mo replay.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
RIP bisping :stare:

mewse
May 2, 2006

That does not look good for bisping’s career

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

mewse posted:

That does not look good for bisping’s career

I mean he was and still is planning to retire after Fight Night 127 in March.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it was a good card and i recommend it for anyone who was asleep or whatever

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Apparently if a Count falls in Shanghai, it doesn't make a sound.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

But is it the final Count down

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

But is it the final Count down

BOO!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Would having a functional right eye have saved him from that left hook or was that just something that was gonna happen anyway?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

Would having a functional right eye have saved him from that left hook or was that just something that was gonna happen anyway?

To be honest I've been waiting for his right eye to get him in trouble like this for years, but this particular knockout just makes him look chinny

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was as solid a left as Kelvin has ever thrown and it would have knocked out basically any MW it connected with in the same fashion.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Didn't really matter this time. The right hook Gastellum lands immediately before popped Bisping into position and put him off balance so he couldn't move his head

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm glad Anderson SIlva didn't get knocked out this morning

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CarlCX posted:

Kelvin is so good when he's on, and it's incredibly depressing to think about how much better he could be if he actually took his poo poo seriously. He's the reincarnation of Korean BBQ-era Mach.

He does take almost every aspect seriously, he just can't loving eat right. It's not like with Hendricks, where the food and gut is just a symptom of how every other aspect of his training is hosed. Kelvin even seems to have pretty solid cardio.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's just super ill disciplined. He's been spotted drinking beers and eating burritos and poo poo days before weigh ins.

I still want to see him fight Silva but Derek Brunson could be a cool match up.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Im shocked the GOAT would lost to kelvin gastelum

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bundt Cake posted:

Im shocked the GOAT would lost to kelvin gastelum

Kelvin is better than Anderson, hth

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurosis posted:

I had it muted because I had company over but what happened during the one women's fight where the chinese girl's shoulder looked all jacked up? Did she dislocate it?

Also Gastellum vs Whittaker would be kinda cool.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Is bisping in bellator yet

E; wrong thread

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Dan hardy loving sucks. This is the second or third event in a row where he's been awful and I have a soft spot for the accent

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bundt Cake posted:

Is bisping in bellator yet

E; wrong thread

He's getting beat up by out of shape UFCers but he hasn't made it there yet

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Whittaker/gsp, kelvin/yoel, and ahh Bisping vs jacare in the uk

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

SquirrelGrip posted:

Need Chris in there too somewhere.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SquirrelGrip posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisWeidmanUFC/status/934427925742571522

mewse
May 2, 2006

*leans forward into microphone* Bisping was never good

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

mewse posted:

*leans forward into microphone* Bisping was never good

Triticum Guzzler posted:

RIP Bisping, I hope you are handsomely rewarded for saving the card and you can sail away gracefully with the knowledge that Luke Rockhold will never, ever come to terms with what you did to hin

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
bisping had a really amazing career and really represents the kind of nonsense that mma is

he came off the reality show after being Kristian Rothaermel, a middleweight fighting at lhw, and then Josh Haynes to win the season. he is on the receiving end of probably the biggest KO ever and had a very up and down career, winning mostly by decision or TKO after wearing the other person out. he is noticeably slower, weaker, and blinder when all of a sudden he wins three huge fights to cement his place in history, including a revenge fight for the previously mentioned KO. he then loses 2 fights in a brutal fashion and will be given a layup at his retirement fight in march.

also he had a bunch of cameos in throwaway movies to make some quick cash, as well as Twin Peaks.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i could see overeem ngannou being boring with reem on his bike and ngannou not being technically sound enough to overcome Uberfleein. hope i'm wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

the first three prelims were amusingly bad, then everything from the tiny Wanderlei Silva woman who screamed with each punch on was great

• Locked thread