Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Page 110 never forget

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PickleBunny posted:

Christmas tiiiiime, is on my side...yes it is.

I don't know what's more surprising, a Fallen reference or that I recognised it.

Is that the one where the ending twist botches the whole conceit of the film?

The demon can only pass on to another human via touch, but then at the end escapes in a cat just so that Denzel can do the voice over equivalent of lowering his shades and winking roguishly.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
It can move through the air - otherwise it wouldn't have been able to get from John Goodman to Denzel Washington - and it's based on Legion from the Bible, who could inhabit animals (Jesus drove it into a herd of pigs). But yeah, I don't think we're ever shown it in an animal before the ending, so it reads as a cop-out rather than a mistake by the Washington character.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In the first 5-10 minutes of the film they execute the criminal and the demon travels through the air into it's next host.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Besesoth posted:

It can move through the air - otherwise it wouldn't have been able to get from John Goodman to Denzel Washington - and it's based on Legion from the Bible, who could inhabit animals (Jesus drove it into a herd of pigs). But yeah, I don't think we're ever shown it in an animal before the ending, so it reads as a cop-out rather than a mistake by the Washington character.

Yeah you're right. Sorry it's been what, 20 years? But I remember it having to be a human host, or at least having no indication that it could use animals (which would have made for a much shorter film if it was using them from the get go)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/fcukign/status/934447574324461569

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Why are we all spoiler-tagging a movie that is good but has been out for more than 15 years? Ah well....

The animal possession thing is indeed a twist. Right after possessing Denzel's body he is still in panic mode and desperately tries to flee the area/find Denzel's carkeys (thrown into the forest). After Denzel dies and Azazel goes airborne he hovers for a bit and then goes towards the cat's nest. The only time you saw the cat before was during Denzel's first visit to the house, upon arrival it is seen running away and hiding under the house. It is explained during the movie that Azazel obtains the knowledge of its host.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Well lemme tell you when I watched that when I was 15 it blew my mind and it was the most awesome poo poo ever, so I'll give it a pass for being kind of a con.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mierenneuker posted:

Why are we all spoiler-tagging a movie that is good but has been out for more than 15 years? Ah well....

The animal possession thing is indeed a twist. Right after possessing Denzel's body he is still in panic mode and desperately tries to flee the area/find Denzel's carkeys (thrown into the forest). After Denzel dies and Azazel goes airborne he hovers for a bit and then goes towards the cat's nest. The only time you saw the cat before was during Denzel's first visit to the house, upon arrival it is seen running away and hiding under the house. It is explained during the movie that Azazel obtains the knowledge of its host.

My point was if he can possess animals, he was never in any danger and his actions don't make a lot of sense. There's some kind of animal around you at all times, fuckers are everywhere.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Lizard Combatant posted:

My point was if he can possess animals, he was never in any danger and his actions don't make a lot of sense. There's some kind of animal around you at all times, fuckers are everywhere.

If I had to guess, I’d say he can’t survive very long outside a host, and without Denzel’s knowledge of where the cat was, he’d have to go and find an animal which might have taken too long.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Web comics are bad.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Besesoth posted:

If I had to guess, I’d say he can’t survive very long outside a host, and without Denzel’s knowledge of where the cat was, he’d have to go and find an animal which might have taken too long.

Correct. I actually watched Fallen less than a week ago and they read some ancient literature that Azazel can travel up to 500 ells* in that single breath after a host dies. The part about animal being potential hosts is not mentioned in those books.

*1 ell = Metric system: 94.1318 cm / Imperial system: 1.03 international yards, approx. 37.1 inches. Thanks Wikipedia.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
In my favourite comic, Fallen, it's possible that the demon basically exists to mess with humans, so possessing an animal instead of a human it can torture is probably torture to it.

Could be worse, you could be possessed by Billy Idol:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Spoiler this poo poo dude. Some folks might not have had the chance to feel mildly cheated by Fallen yet.

OK, that makes sense. I haven't seen it in 15 years.

Lizard Combatant has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Nov 26, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lizard Combatant posted:

Spoiler this poo poo dude. Some folks might not have had the chance to feel mildly cheated by Fallen yet.

Time wasn't on their side. :smith:

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
What's all this movie talk doing in the comic thread.

:nws: http://oglaf.com/pinkeye/ :nws:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Uuuhhhh... Thankyou for that...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Time wasn't on their side. :smith:

Is that a Fallen reference? Man, that takes back.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

Correct. I actually watched Fallen less than a week ago and they read some ancient literature that Azazel can travel up to 500 ells* in that single breath after a host dies. The part about animal being potential hosts is not mentioned in those books.

*1 ell = Metric system: 94.1318 cm / Imperial system: 1.03 international yards, approx. 37.1 inches. Thanks Wikipedia.

There was a brief scene in the middle of the film that implies that a pigeon was possessed because the film was cut in a way to imply it was spying on the characters.

Also, Jesus Christ, Oglaf. :barf:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Has Oglaf finally gone too far? (Oglaf has finally gone too far.)

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Buttholes are sphincters, put penis in butthole. Pupils are sphincters, ergo put penis in pupil.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Selklubber posted:

I came for the comic, then I came again for the ad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Koburn is a fan of that particular strip, what a surprise.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Selklubber posted:

I think you might want to add :nms: to that one

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

congress really should take action to combat the skullfucking epidemic

https://politics.theonion.com/live-from-congress-the-skull-loving-bill-of-2007-1819594637

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That oglaf is making me not want to ever click on another oglaf again.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Krinkle posted:

Yeah, that was really really disturbing.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

It was the first one I clicked to from here that I didn't open in incognito mode and I regret it.

First two panels were really funny though, taken separate from the :stare: afterwards.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

The whole thing was funny and you're all a bunch of babies

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Krinkle posted:

I feel like that's the oglaf we get when people go, "What's with these joke strips? Where's all the sexy stuff? :heysexy: "

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Scathach posted:

Anyone using "for realsies" should be committed.

I'd post all of Sandman if I could; instead have this

:3: This is my favorite C&H strip and as a kid, I used to have it taped to my bedroom door.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BJPaskoff posted:

It was the first one I clicked to from here that I didn't open in incognito mode and I regret it.

First two panels were really funny though, taken separate from the :stare: afterwards.

We're now on the watchlist of potentially legal but still loving weird. I mean, I assume. I don't think loving an eyesocket consensually is a crime. I'm not looking it up

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Oglaf: Sex is all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Doubtful Guest posted:

Oglaf: Sex is all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Then it's just a game of "let's gently caress the eye socket".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That Oglaf was certainly eye catching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
:wink: