Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

THEY HAVEN'T STARTED IT YET!

:lol:

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Is that a $200 price bump on the SUPER LIMITED NUMBER 890J?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dusty Lens posted:

Hahaha, oh man that horrorshow concept is from 2014. If these people weren't so mad you would almost think it'd be a dangerous game trotting out all of these old forgotten projects to remind everyone of the complete lack of any meaningful attention they've received.

What makes it even funnier is that CIG is going to make the 600i first, the ship they announced at Gamescom this year. So 890 JUMP owners get double hosed.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

Hahaha, oh man that horrorshow concept is from 2014. If these people weren't so mad you would almost think it'd be a dangerous game trotting out all of these old forgotten projects to remind everyone of the complete lack of any meaningful attention they've received.
"Here's all this limited edition poo poo we sold to you loving idiots and haven't worked on since" does seem like the sort of thing you should avoid presenting to your audience, but that only applies to a rational audience.

Like I think a lot of these sales are to people who are buying them again because they actually believe they're limited and they believe they're going to resell them at mad profit down the line when gaming is saved as... Oh, I guess 4.0 would be the version they pine for now.

4.0 will fix everything.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is limited. To this sale.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe this is better

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Spending $1000 to watch your character die attempting to walk into the bathroom to take a poo poo.*

In your imagination.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 27, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Daztek posted:

What makes it even funnier is that CIG is going to make the 600i first, the ship they announced at Gamescom this year. So 890 JUMP owners get double hosed.

They're getting Banu Merchantman'd, but that's a mouthful so let's just call it getting BM'd

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dusty Lens posted:

Also what the hell is shadow doxing. I thought I was just out of the loop but it looks like a term out of a matrix online rp forum.
A shadow-doxx is like a swordfight:
You must think first before you Google
Derek style is immensely strong
And immune to nearly any shitpost
When it's properly used it's almost invincible

Raw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia
Raw like Chris's cocaine from Bolivia
My blogs will rock and shock the nation
Like the Emancipation Proclamation

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol, some stupid "classified" thing at the end hints they're talking about land claims tomorrow as part of the "Consolidated Outland" ship shape. :getin:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Shadowdoxxing the apocalypse

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol, some stupid "classified" thing at the end hints they're talking about land claims tomorrow as part of the "Consolidated Outland" ship shape. :getin:

Called it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe instead of subscribers they can open the next Jesus patch to only landowners at first.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

Maybe instead of subscribers they can open the next Jesus patch to only landowners at first.

$1500 landowners

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This just gets better every time.

Gonna go with Virginia. Could have been Florida, but there are mountains and no palm trees.

Dusty Lens posted:

Also what the hell is shadow doxing. I thought I was just out of the loop but it looks like a term out of a matrix online rp forum.

It's like doxxing without the doxx. Like 'reading'.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can't imagine the land is going to be cheap. I wonder if they will do different sized plots, I wonder how many moons clifford the anime girl will buy.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

They are selling estate plots on tuesday.

D_Smart posted:

No. It's bullshit. Don't listen to him.

Oh boy!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I can't imagine the land is going to be cheap. I wonder if they will do different sized plots, I wonder how many moons clifford the anime girl will buy.

Copying his buddy Garriott :v:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall while the people at Origin were trying to figure out a solution to urban sprawl in Ultima Online while also kicking themselves for losing money trying to fix it instead of making money selling it.

True early days.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Daztek posted:

Illfonic did this with that game that failed that Lethality backed. I can't remember the name right now.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Fucken :laffo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

No archer, no archer, you're the archer!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7fx1uv/i_thought_the_hammerhead_looked_familiar/

:v:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Daztek posted:

Yeah, any claiming a "called it" on selling land, it's been widely predicted since his buddy Garriot did it for Shroud of the Avatar several years ago.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

MoMA or other backer new guy, please call Derek out on this so he'll be forced to sperg about it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

thatguy posted:

Illfonic did this with that game that failed that Lethality backed. I can't remember the name right now.
Revival looks to be the title you're looking for?

Also those people have Star Citizen, Nexuiz and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric under their "games developed".

That is quite the loving list.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MoMA or other backer new guy, please call Derek out on this so he'll be forced to sperg about it.

That cannot be undone. Press "F" to continue.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder how Shroud of the Avatar is doing?

... oh....

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

I wonder how Shroud of the Avatar is doing?

... oh....

Y'see, there you go concentrating on the delivery portion of the "contract" rather than the collection. It's been wildly successful so far from certain angles.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

That cannot be undone. Press "F" to continue.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Revival looks to be the title you're looking for?

Also those people have Star Citizen, Nexuiz and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric under their "games developed".

That is quite the loving list.
Yes, of course.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Penis Shroud of Avatar: Foreskin Virtues

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Thoatse posted:

No archer, no archer, you're the archer!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I think you need to press ctrl+f maybe? :ohdear:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

here is a very star citizen screenshot

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

are thos sardines?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

I think you need to press ctrl+f maybe? :ohdear:

He’s not trying to open the menu :rolleyes:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

I once programmed in BASIC what I would now charitably describe as a text-based battle arena game - basically RNG rolls determined success and progression to the next battle.

Five or six increasingly difficult monsters cribbed from Gygax’s Deities & Demigods, with the last being a 1 in something like 20 chance to defeat. I don’t remember the specific values but basically it was a difficulty curve where the player (me) had to beat a 75% chance, then 50%, then 25%, then 10%, then 5%. Any failure meant death and forced restart.

I don’t even remember how many hours I spent until I finally rolled all victories but I eventually did. It was a joyless grind against arbitrarily set odds, a precursor to the Sandro Sammarco method, and the memory of it is never far from my mind when slogging for hard to find resources in Elite today.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for letting me share.

The first "game" I ever programmed when I learned BASIC at school way back then was a completely scripted flight simulator short sequence with keys setting options, instructions and all, where the plane would take off after straight runway taxing and fly for a few seconds before always crashing down. It was amazing to see how "players" wowed at the cool sim experience produced in simple BASIC and would try multiple times always believing they had not put up the flaps or removed the landing gear or what not. Took them a while to realize the troll... #borntobegoon

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?! At the behest of others, I implore - nay - I DEMAND you to answer me straight away:

WHY do you want CIG to burn?

-Non-acceptable answers include:

a) July 2015 blog
b) blog in general
c) they made it personal
d) I designed every imaginable tech in the world

-Acceptable answers include:

a) I'm actually a sentient A.I. created by none-other than Lowtax himself to troll the gently caress out of an uber-gay comedy forum.
b) I'm still at my psych appointment and all of this is nothing other than my own creation still running amok in my massive mathematical and AI brain.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

-Non-acceptable answers include:

Failed to list tweets linking back to blogs. You lost before you even started playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Dusty Lens posted:

Failed to list tweets linking back to blogs. You lost before you even started playing the game.

:negative:

The only winning move is not to play.