Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

im sorry jagen brutally murdered nowi you cant use her anymore

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ostentatious posted:

im sorry jagen brutally murdered nowi you cant use her anymore

Nah?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I never played the DLCs...
Tiki and Nowi deserve hugs :3:

Kinda sad i didn't play them now.
The DLC for Awakening is pretty hit-and-miss, but some of it is really good - mostly the three Scramble maps and Future Past. Some really cool, cute and sad (but sad in a good way) character moments, like Owain and Inigo talking about how they deal with killing people or Chrom being a well-meaning but awkward husband.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

man i literally bought all the goddamn awakening DLC
Same. It was a bit silly in hindsight since I barely played some of them, but at the time I was really into the game.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The Scrambles are great little bits of character development. Owain, Brady, Severa and Nah in particular get a lot of good convos with different characters in the Harvest and Hot Spring ones.

Future Past is really dark and sad, but again, good character moments.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

FartingBedpost posted:

The Scrambles are great little bits of character development. Owain, Brady, Severa and Nah in particular get a lot of good convos with different characters in the Harvest and Hot Spring ones.

Future Past is really dark and sad, but again, good character moments.

And Kjelle.

Harvest Scramble gave us the only true pairing in Awakening.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Retcon posted:

Same. It was a bit silly in hindsight since I barely played some of them, but at the time I was really into the game.

i havent touched awakening since 2013 precisely because i played it to loving death

and yeah i really loved the future past, and particularly the female robin/lucina mom/daughter convos i got

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Don't they have a support where tiki teaches nowi swordbreaker so she doesn't get falchion'd/wyrmslayer'd

That was Morgan and Nah. I recall due to the training being hitting someone in the head with a book until they learned to block it.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I'm personally glad there is zero support convo text in heroes because my headcanon is far gayer + superior to anything intsys writers could have put put

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Argent Cinereus posted:

That was Morgan and Nah. I recall due to the training being hitting someone in the head with a book until they learned to block it.
And then realizing that in Dragon Form Nah doesn't have long enough arms to do the "catch blade between hands" grab they had been practicing with books.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Hey guys, remember that maintenance starts in 45 minutes and lasts for 5 hours. Use up your stamina as soon as you can.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BlazeEmblem posted:

Hey guys, remember that maintenance starts in 45 minutes and lasts for 5 hours. Use up your stamina as soon as you can.

Oh dang, I still haven't done the 3x TT bonus yet

And I don't think I'll be free for the next 45 min...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Just auto-battle hard like I do for it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I tried auto-battling a TT with my armor team and the AI's strategy seemed to be "throw Amelia headlong at every enemy until she is dead; repeat as necessary but much slower for other units"

stratego
May 6, 2007

loquacius posted:

I tried auto-battling a TT with my armor team and the AI's strategy seemed to be "throw Amelia headlong at every enemy until she is dead; repeat as necessary but much slower for other units"

Remove armor March before starting?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Managed to get the TT bonuses and snagged the 5* Joshua.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Ostentatious posted:

i am ready to cum weapon refine
I'm ready for Takumi to reclaim his throne as best archer in the game thanks to Fujin Yumi's new ability.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is the update out yet

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

SgtSteel91 posted:

There will still be a couple of hours after the maintenance before the day rolls over, so you can do it afterwards.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

Is the update out yet

Maintenance starts in 15 minutes. Presumably the data will be up to download when maintenance ends (scheduled for five hours from now but every maintenance so far has ended hours early). Datamining will start right away and you'll be able to play the new stuff about eight hours from now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Managed to get the TT bonuses and snagged the 5* Joshua.

Only now? I'm up to 60k now off purely auto-battle, and this includes quite a few very low scores because of infinite reposition shenanigans.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sgtsteel is a new player iirc and might not be able to autobattle on hard 5 or manual battle on lunatic 7

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
poo poo, was in the middle of my second one-team lunatic 7 when they did maintenance.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

The game has no sense of self preservation and will blindly fling gem weapons at the wrong colors while half your squad repositions each other in circles. I did some auto battles a few tempests ago and it was just fascinating to see the AI succeed at all

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
sol katti sol katti sol katti sol katti sol katti

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I an excited

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm ready for Takumi to reclaim his throne as best archer in the game thanks to Fujin Yumi's new ability.

I suppose you're correct, Takumi

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I can't wait to fail at getting Hector/Bride Cordy/Bow Lyn.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

I can't wait to fail at getting Hector/Bride Cordy/Bow Lyn.

:same:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
gonna go broke whaling for s!cam :retrogames:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I need carrots for effie, and other lance wielders

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would like one of everyone except Hector plus fifteen Hectors

like, ideally, I would hit my max barracks capacity just from Hectors

but I'm realistically getting zero Hectors :stoked:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sodium Chloride posted:

I can't wait to fail at getting Hector/Bride Cordy/Bow Lyn. Bride Lyn.

also I'm considering trying green for more hectors ... for merging

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Update is in the Play store. We have a new app icon now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This image is in the play store. Note the hexagons in the upper left. Still mysterious, but apparently they're tied to the summoner in some way.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

This has the barracks update so I can keep all those extra Bartres.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
how long do datamines usually take i need to know what sol katti does or i will die instantly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AverySpecialfriend posted:

how long do datamines usually take i need to know what sol katti does or i will die instantly

Usually not that long but the version update might not have anything to mine, it might be all code and app icons and whatnot

The actual meat of the download will be up when maintenance finishes, presumably, and will be the one with fjorm and such

Though the version update is 18MB which seems hard to hit without any assets so maybe it does have all the new stuff in it

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I love how I managed to get up to exactly 390/390 units today.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
sol katti whyyyyy I love u sol katti tell me what u do already!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The next powercreep Lyn better use Mani Katti