Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

How's eternity warriors? That triple kill pack looks interesting as sairento seems like a great game to follow up robo recall and superhot (which are amazing). The zombie game doesn't look like much but it's almost free in the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

FuzzySlippers posted:

How's eternity warriors? That triple kill pack looks interesting as sairento seems like a great game to follow up robo recall and superhot (which are amazing). The zombie game doesn't look like much but it's almost free in the pack.

Sairento is loving amazing. I still really enjoy being neo (Melee weapons are a bit of a wiggle stick). They just need to get the storymode/campaign in and I'm gonna be the happiest boy.

No clue on the other 2. If you do pick them up, let us know how ZomDay and Eternity Warriors ends up being. (If my refund comes through before the sale ends I may actually complete my bundle. Ive had zomday on my wishlist for a while now. Hmm..

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 27, 2017

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Does Sairento have oculus touch support?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

WMain00 posted:

Does Sairento have oculus touch support?

Yep! And it’s solid support not just vive input that was semi switched.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've mentioned it a few times but Sairento is very much a must-play game if you want to see just how crazy VR locomotion can be in the right hands. That game has by far the most interesting movement options out of any game I've played so far: You can elect to play with dashing or teleporting, but if you're able to stomach stick-based locomotion then I highly reccomend you use it and ramp the maximum character speed all the way to the top in the options.

You can jump like fifty feet into the air, double jump to add onto it and even triple jump with the right runes (this also extends to launching yourself towards the ground in mid-air with your second or third jump), wallrun on pretty much every surface, bounce off walls and raise your arms to backflip which turns your viewpoint upside down so you can blast dudes behind you without rotating your character, you can dash even if you're using free locomotion, physically crouching allows you to slide, and there's a slo-mo button you can press whenever you like, focus bar permitting.

There's a ton of weapons to use and outside of your standard pistol/shotgun/rifle options (all of which have multiple versions which handle differently), you also have exotic weapons such as bows, glaives, shurikens, and swords, which you can dual wield in any way you like and you'll get to take several of them into each mission with your loadout slots. All of these weapons, and the armour your character wears, can be enhanced with runes which drop during missions and give percentage increases to weapon stats, with rarer runes even conferring brand new abilities. On top of this, there's a skill tree for your character as you build XP from successful missions.

It's a bit wanting in the polish department but the devs are extremely active and there seems to be big additions and patches to the game every other week. I think they've recently added co-op in beta form but even without anyone to play with the game is an absolute blast. I've spent ages hacking dudes up with dual blades or double pistols and blocking and reflecting swarms of bullets in slow motion is incredibly badass. Highly reccomended.

I put together a brief video here when they first added backflips if you want some idea how it looks.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Heads up to all VR owners new and old.

Stand Out (VR PUBG clone) is giving out free steam keys.

Just goto their Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BNsmVJj

and DM @STAND OUT Keymaker#6572, you will be given a free key for the game!

Here's some of the fun things I managed to do in this game:

I ran over people with my motorcycle
I successfully did drive bys in my ATV
I managed to disarm somebody by stealing their gun from their hands and then shooting them in the head
I can jump through windows and there's parkour.

Locomotion options include arm swinging AND trackpad. Trackpad and arm swinging are basically 1:1 now so you can use either method.

Below are some videos featuring our own Saq:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteFrigidMacaroniNotLikeThis
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202390806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzD43vmTKDc

See you on the island!

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

iceaim posted:

Just goto their Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BNsmVJj

and DM @STAND OUT Keymaker#6572, you will be given a free key for the game!

Here's some of the fun things I managed to do in this game:

I ran over people with my motorcycle
I successfully did drive bys in my ATV
I managed to disarm somebody by stealing their gun from their hands and then shooting them in the head
I can jump through windows and there's parkour.

Locomotion options include arm swinging AND trackpad. Trackpad and arm swinging are basically 1:1 now so you can use either method.

Below are some videos featuring our own Saq:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteFrigidMacaroniNotLikeThis
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202390806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzD43vmTKDc

See you on the island!

Thanks! I enjoyed the Alpha when I got in for awhile. We had a few human players, I went back last night and it was ONLY bots which was a bit disappointing. Maintaining the player base is going to be the hardpart, but it works well as a game already.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Stick100 posted:

Thanks! I enjoyed the Alpha when I got in for awhile. We had a few human players, I went back last night and it was ONLY bots which was a bit disappointing. Maintaining the player base is going to be the hardpart, but it works well as a game already.

I think a lot of indie devs make the mistake of not understanding that the #1 content in a multiplayer game is the players. Hell, lots of non-indie dev teams have been making this mistake.
The bots are a good idea to get SOMETHING going, but the bots are kind of bullshit. Most of the time they run around as clueless idiotic automatons, BUT, if you are near their forward field of view they will aim at you and fire in probably 5-6ms. I can always tell a bot is shooting at me because I'll like pass between two buildings for a split second and take a few shots because they appear to be able to "see" players through buildings. Their accuracy isn't amazing, buuuuuuuut.....
Gunplay (gun handling and firing accuracy) is borderline broken in Stand Out right now, I've working with some of devs to try to work out why this is the case. Hitting stuff beyond ~75m or so is near impossible vs in other games its laughably easy.

#1 https://clips.twitch.tv/SuperMagnificentDonkeyEleGiggle
#2 https://clips.twitch.tv/LuckyAntediluvianTigerFeelsBadMan
#3 https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsySpicyVelociraptorRickroll
#4 https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughElatedFiddleheadsRickroll

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have a super low tolerance for jankiness and BAM is pretty much my limit. I tried it out and won a round, probably only against bots, it wasn't particularly fun and didn't make me want to play it more.

I'll give it another shot when it's less super duper alpha

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I have a high tolerance for it and even BAM is a bit too much.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Stick100 posted:

What time did you play? I played around 8 pm EST in the US and I found plenty of real players.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Lemming posted:

I have a super low tolerance for jankiness and BAM is pretty much my limit. I tried it out and won a round, probably only against bots, it wasn't particularly fun and didn't make me want to play it more.

I'll give it another shot when it's less super duper alpha

Same. I boot it up and play a round most days when I put on my headset. It’s slowly getting better but yeah. It’s janky still.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Is SteamVR integration out yet for the microsoft headsets? If so, how is it?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I've already seen games on the store tagged with Windows Mixed Reality support so I'd guess it's out.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

dy. posted:

Is SteamVR integration out yet for the microsoft headsets? If so, how is it?

Support was released two weeks ago: http://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

Seems like it works as well as Oculus on SteamVR, which is to say the headset itself works as expected but the way inputs are mapped by default may not be ideal until the developer adds explicit support. Also games that are designed for roomscale play may make assumptions about your ability to reach behind your back which don't apply to the MSMR platform.

That said the general conclusion on the Microsoft headsets overall seems to be to avoid them and just get Oculus unless you have a specific reason to want them (either really wanting internal tracking or developing directly for the MSMR platform)

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

wolrah posted:

Support was released two weeks ago: http://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

Seems like it works as well as Oculus on SteamVR, which is to say the headset itself works as expected but the way inputs are mapped by default may not be ideal until the developer adds explicit support. Also games that are designed for roomscale play may make assumptions about your ability to reach behind your back which don't apply to the MSMR platform.

That said the general conclusion on the Microsoft headsets overall seems to be to avoid them and just get Oculus unless you have a specific reason to want them (either really wanting internal tracking or developing directly for the MSMR platform)
Yeah, I'm struggling a bit. Used to own a Vive and though roomscale is very very cool I found it mostly a novelty. Was considering getting the Odyssey over a Rift due to the better screen.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

dy. posted:

Yeah, I'm struggling a bit. Used to own a Vive and though roomscale is very very cool I found it mostly a novelty. Was considering getting the Odyssey over a Rift due to the better screen.

Why did you consider it a novelty? Do you prefer monitor games over VR? If so why?

I use my Vive daily and and even games like PUBG struggle to keep my attention over VR online games.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I have the Samsung and the steamvr home thing kinda runs like poo poo, but it's a known issue. Playing games works well though, although sometimes I need to restart it. I will say that it's already much improved since close beta so I expect it to get better. Haptics and the thumb stick don't work in steamvr, the latter because steam said so. Revive also works. Tracking works pretty good in the right conditions, but it'll be bad or unusable in certain games.

I've never used a rift or vive, but the Samsung/wmr experience is for sure no where near as polished.

I wanted vr for iracing so I opted for the highest res screen. Rift for $350 if you want it for anything other than seated sims I suppose.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Google Butt posted:

Haptics and the thumb stick don't work in steamvr, the latter because steam said so.

Source? I'm not sure how Valve could have any control over how Microsoft implement their SteamVR driver when the API license is so permissive.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

iceaim posted:

Why did you consider it a novelty? Do you prefer monitor games over VR? If so why?

I use my Vive daily and and even games like PUBG struggle to keep my attention over VR online games.

Oddly I consider roomscale the only part of VR that isnt a novelty for me, its the only genuine value add.

I dont need VR to play regular computer games, Stardew Valley and Crypt of the Necrodancer play just fine without VR. But GORN and Superhot and H3 and stuff wouldnt work any other way.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 27, 2017

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

iceaim posted:

Yeah, I get that I'm in the minority on that. Roomscale is goddamn amazing, but I didn't find myself in it a whole lot outside of demoing for people because 1) I didn't have enough space to get the most out of it (and still don't), 2) it was always kind of a pain to get it all set up and get the fit right, and 3) locomotion always felt really clunky in games where you weren't in a fixed position.

In general I prefer monitor games over VR because they're a lot easier to get in and out of, but I'm been hankering for some VR since I sold the Vive. I ended up selling because despite how cool it was, I found it annoying to set up and difficult to get the fit right, and the screen was a little disappointing (though I get that other offerings are not leagues better). I'd like to get into something that's a little more comfortable and easier to fit; the Oculus and Odyssey seem to both fit that bill, and the Odyssey has better screen of the two.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

iceaim posted:

Looks like their keymaker is out for a piss or something.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Hey gang, I just got an Oculus as an impulse purchase on Black Friday and am all about this poo poo. I did the 2 sensor 360 setup and it is pretty good - have you all noticed a remarkable difference adding a 3rd sensor? It pretty janky since I have the computer and sensors in weird places in my living room to accommodate the setup so the 3rd sensor might just be worth it to not have it al out in the open in aesthetically unpleasant ways but at least I can be using the optimal 360 room size setup for now even though it looks like poo poo.

Do any of you all play Rec Room? I have met some cool people there in the two days I have been playing but also some screaming kids so I’d love to play with goons to avoid the trash, even though there are some good people it is kind of a crap shoot. My name there is blitzstrahl of you see me around.

Also I am looking for some recommendations for my daughter. I have bought way too many games to start out but not many that are appropriate for her. Her head is a little to small for the headset so she keeps one hand free to adjust the headset while using the other touch controller in her right hand so games that can be played with one hand without much in the way of elaborate button pushes would be good. Fruit Ninja was the one she tried so far and that went well. She also would like just things where you explore I think.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Took a chance on an EBay magnetized gun stock for my Vive controllers. Played in Pavlov and it really helps with the immersion, it’s a shame lots of games stick with one handed weapons.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

rio posted:

Hey gang, I just got an Oculus as an impulse purchase on Black Friday and am all about this poo poo. I did the 2 sensor 360 setup and it is pretty good - have you all noticed a remarkable difference adding a 3rd sensor?
Yes. Unquestionably, just do it. Honestly the Rift SKU should get updated to include 3 sensors, its such a huge difference. The 4th sensor is also nice as you can then get full area perfect tracking (if you ceiling mount it properly) with better stability and precision than a Vive. But seriously, just get 3 sensors, don't ask questions, just do it.

quote:

It pretty janky since I have the computer and sensors in weird places in my living room to accommodate the setup so the 3rd sensor might just be worth it to not have it al out in the open in aesthetically unpleasant ways but at least I can be using the optimal 360 room size setup for now even though it looks like poo poo.

Do any of you all play Rec Room? I have met some cool people there in the two days I have been playing but also some screaming kids so I’d love to play with goons to avoid the trash, even though there are some good people it is kind of a crap shoot. My name there is blitzstrahl of you see me around.

Also I am looking for some recommendations for my daughter. I have bought way too many games to start out but not many that are appropriate for her. Her head is a little to small for the headset so she keeps one hand free to adjust the headset while using the other touch controller in her right hand so games that can be played with one hand without much in the way of elaborate button pushes would be good. Fruit Ninja was the one she tried so far and that went well. She also would like just things where you explore I think.

Skip passed Rec Room and try Onward, Bullets and More VR and Echo Arena for good multiplayer VR action. Rec Room is.... babbys first VR game. It gets a LOT better than that.

Also, for your daughter, Job Simulator. Its a little pricey, and a little basic, but kids LOVE it. There's a little handle in the startup room under the pedastal to turn on 'tiny human mode' that brings the height of everything down. My 5 y/o son loves playing Job Simulator, its a great little playground for kids to experiment and be silly even if you just ignore the objectives and just mess around.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Paingod556 posted:

Fuckin lootboxes :argh:

Seriously, every new mode Anton adds becomes ny favorite. Still waiting for that big WW2 setpiece though that was promised months back

H3VR is my most played game by far, It's just fun to mess around in the sandbox.

Actual games with an objective are just too much work.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Rectus posted:

Looks like their keymaker is out for a piss or something.

If you PM him, and follow directions, you'll get a key. Its insane how many people cant read his basic instructions.

Appears hes/she is playing HOTS at the moment.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 28, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's been said a thousand times before but man is VR amazing. The drat robot tutorial blew me away. Though coming out of VR gaming feels super weird. Like I'm kinda tripping. Anyone know what I mean? Go away eventually?

Just wait until you try to lean or brace against a desk or something in VR that isn't actually there. I did that in Arizona Sunshine and boy it's weird.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
So what's kind of killing games like H3, Serious Sam and so on is the lack of ability to turn without physically turning my whole body. That goddamned cable just makes me super loving leary of turning in complete circles and I'm also terrified of putting a controller through the screen. I really wish I could map a button to just turn (even in Gorn it's pretty weird you can't rotate using the arm motions you use to walk, just with one forward and one going back).

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Both Gorn and Serious Sam both have snap turning options, though?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Less Fat Luke posted:

So what's kind of killing games like H3, Serious Sam and so on is the lack of ability to turn without physically turning my whole body. That goddamned cable just makes me super loving leary of turning in complete circles and I'm also terrified of putting a controller through the screen. I really wish I could map a button to just turn (even in Gorn it's pretty weird you can't rotate using the arm motions you use to walk, just with one forward and one going back).

Turn on the steamVR always on floor frame thing. You'll get used to your playspace really quickly that way. Hell I still leave em on because id rather look like a moron with baby training wheels on than throw my fist through a window.

You'll also get used to turning around. At some point, you'll just accept that you'll be giving Oculus money for a new cable. At least I have.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So I have a rift that's literally been sitting in my closet for 3 months unopened because I haven't had a chance to play with it, but the steam sale has finally given me a kick to hook it up.

I want to get back into Elite (haven't played it since spring on the normal monitor) , but also bought xplane 11, dirt rally and assetto corsa. My system is a 6700k and a 980ti....which I assumed should be plenty powerful but been reading around sounds like a 1080ti is what I should have as a 980ti isn't quite enough for most cranked visuals. Is that the case? I could consider picking up a 1080ti. I would plan on selling the 980ti to partially recoup some of it so its not the end of the world.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Sibilant Crisp posted:

Both Gorn and Serious Sam both have snap turning options, though?
Weird I was just in Gorn and didn't see anything of the sort, I'll have to check both games again.

EbolaIvory posted:

Turn on the steamVR always on floor frame thing. You'll get used to your playspace really quickly that way. Hell I still leave em on because id rather look like a moron with baby training wheels on than throw my fist through a window.

You'll also get used to turning around. At some point, you'll just accept that you'll be giving Oculus money for a new cable. At least I have.
Yeah I have that on, I'm at terms with replacing cables but the TV... well that would suck more :)

Also holy poo poo even seated games are amazing. Elite, Project Cars 2 and EVE Valkyrie literally had my jaw open the entire time I played them.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Everyone with a Rift set up roomscale and try to play Robo Recall at least once. As dumb as it looks in videos of people flailing around its amazing when you play.

Alright last minute Steam hemming and hawing.

Rez Infinite vs AudioShield
House of the Dying Sun vs Everspace

Already bought Gorn and Vanishing Realms. Worth buying Tales of Glory? Virtual Mount and Blade looks amazing but also seems like it might require a stern VR stomach which I don't have yet.

Still pondering Sariento or the bundle.

Also, SteamVR is pretty glitchy compared to Oculus Home. It has already crashed a number of times and lurches around sometimes. Home runs perfect. Just Valve half assing the boring part of their software or think I have something wrong?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FuzzySlippers posted:

Everyone with a Rift set up roomscale and try to play Robo Recall at least once. As dumb as it looks in videos of people flailing around its amazing when you play.

Already bought Gorn and Vanishing Realms. Worth buying Tales of Glory? Virtual Mount and Blade looks amazing but also seems like it might require a stern VR stomach which I don't have yet.

Also, SteamVR is pretty glitchy compared to Oculus Home. It has already crashed a number of times and lurches around sometimes. Home runs perfect. Just Valve half assing the boring part of their software or think I have something wrong?

Audioshield + House of the Dying Sun are my votes, the former having more replayability & the latter being just a wonderful, goonmade game.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

FuzzySlippers posted:

Rez Vs Audioshield(Look up soundboxing too, I like it personally)

Totally different games. Ones gonna be a work out, the other isnt. Audioshield/Soundboxing will have longer shelf life IMO.

Sairento is win either way. I'm upgrading to the bundle once valve gets my refund sorted out. Ive wanted that dumb zombie game for a little bit now anyways.

What kind of hardware? SteamVR isnt as optimized for the rift like home is. My 960 was AMAAAZZZINNNGG with anything oculus only, steamVR just shat on it though. My 1080 is fine and I rarely have steamVR actually crash (And typically its some lovely buggy game taking it down). Now Payday 2 and other non oculus titles might crash but mostly its super beta poo poo doing that.

Also install advanced settings and oculus tool tray. Keep an eye on frame drops and things. Might be something tracking related, who knows.

EDIT: I liked house of the dying sun. I paid 10 bucks, I didnt refund it. Not sure how much replay if any I'll really get out of it. But it was fun.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 28, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
House of the Dying Sun and Everspace are both unfun to me, and I love that genre. House is definitely less bad in that the combat looks and feels polished, both they both have issues with directionless pacing. They both feel like permanent early access, I have no idea how they have the super-positive reviews they have.

Everspace has more issues though... VR feels very "flat", game has Rogue-lite mechanic where you have to die constantly but the gameplay itself is bad so that just amplifies how bad of a grind it is.

House is also $10 right now vs $17 for Everspace. If you have to get one, get House, but keep your finger on the refund button in case you gotta bail out before two hours.

edit: Put it this way, I gave up Elite Dangerous like 8 hours in or so when it launched because there was like no content at all, but it held my interest a lot longer than either of those other two, and it's $13.49 right now.

edit 2: Also if you want a good dogfight experience, War Thunder is free-to-play and lets you battle in WW2 biplanes and poo poo, I had more fun with that than the three aforementioned spaceship games and didn't spend a dime on it.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 28, 2017

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

FuzzySlippers posted:

I’ve been having a little weirdness with SteamVR home on my new Oculus. Basically, little flashy/twinkly V-shapes (like 3 pixels each) all over the display in the home. It seems to go away in actual games. I did have some insane rainbow flashiness the first time I tried Nvidia VR Funhouse, but it went away when it went to the second scene (and I happened to take the headset off and it was on the monitor version, too) and didn’t come back the next time I opened it. One other app got them when I changed a graphics setting, but went away when I turned it back (maybe the FSAA setting?).

I have to dig around the SteamVR settings and see if I can figure out what’s doing it. But I guess the settings aren’t accessible for the headset, so I don’t know what my options are.

It’s a new PC so I haven’t gamed on it much, but I haven’t seen anything like that with any non-VR stuff.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

slidebite posted:

So I have a rift that's literally been sitting in my closet for 3 months unopened because I haven't had a chance to play with it, but the steam sale has finally given me a kick to hook it up.

I want to get back into Elite (haven't played it since spring on the normal monitor) , but also bought xplane 11, dirt rally and assetto corsa. My system is a 6700k and a 980ti....which I assumed should be plenty powerful but been reading around sounds like a 1080ti is what I should have as a 980ti isn't quite enough for most cranked visuals. Is that the case? I could consider picking up a 1080ti. I would plan on selling the 980ti to partially recoup some of it so its not the end of the world.
I have a i7-2600 and a gtx 970 and run all vr games just fine. You don't need to upgrade and the rift doesn't have the resolution to make cranked graphics pop anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

rage-saq posted:

Also, for your daughter, Job Simulator. Its a little pricey, and a little basic, but kids LOVE it. There's a little handle in the startup room under the pedastal to turn on 'tiny human mode' that brings the height of everything down. My 5 y/o son loves playing Job Simulator, its a great little playground for kids to experiment and be silly even if you just ignore the objectives and just mess around.

My daughter loves job simulator too but I didn't know about tiny human mode. She'll be thrilled but I'll miss watching her jump to grab stuff off shelves.

Her second favorite thing is tilt brush and she's done some pretty impressive things in it for a 6 year old but I think VR suits kids really well since they just 'do' instead of overthinking 'how' like a few of the adults I've seen play VR.