Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
somebody tell mighty mouse that even if he loses people will respect that he took on the toughest fight, and that a coward dies a thousand deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Acinonyx posted:

Is a person really a champion if no one has ever heard of the people they have beat?

I still don't 100 percent believe Thales Leites exists, yet here are insisting that Anderson Silva was actually champ.

Skip My Posts posted:

lol you can just make some lovely excuse up and say dj said it and people will believe it unquestioningly

Trast posted:

I will enjoy when DJ eventually gets around to wrestlefucking Dillashaw into a fine paste and everyone who called him a coward jumps back on the bandwagon.

I'm sure the 50th time DJ does something really impressive, that will really convince all the people that were not convinced by the previous 49

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
finishing cody garbrandt after getting dropped is more impressive than landing a crazy move on ray borg

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

Why did he get probated for that

i reported him. as an italian, i won't stand for any slurs against the proud Italian race

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
now to gently caress off back to the b league thread to post 1000 words on why Sakara running hot coming off a win against the Mexicutioner and will win the Bellator MW belt in the most superior country on Earth

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

finishing cody garbrandt after getting dropped is more impressive than landing a crazy move on ray borg

I think both are impressive. My comment is on how there is a large contingent of people who will never give MM credit for anything.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
no there isnt

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

no there isnt

Compelling.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Embedded ep 1 is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMdi4vCtOvQ

Ngannou eats Kit-Kats while hiking

Holloway is going to become a human popsicle in the frigid Detroit weather

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward Alistair Overeem winning and being a british hero.

Unless he loses, like he probably will, then he will be a dutch villain.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
apparently conor punched a hitman's dad in a pub and it was related to another incident earlier in the month, so maybe the hotel story was true? my apologies to the hotel industry for saying a guy who lives in dublin wouldn't use a hotel there

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
p sure sage was born with a six pack, and gestated in hair gel and self-tanner instead of amniotic fluid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
also conor mcgregor is being watched by the irish police service because hes a wannabe literal gangster

https://www.buzz.ie/news/one-of-irelands-top-stars-is-under-garda-surveillance-235423

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Alistair overeem becoming the stepping stone on the path of the heavyweight champion of Francis Ngannou would be loving incredibly hilarious.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Gay Horney posted:

Alistair overeem becoming the stepping stone on the path of the heavyweight champion of Francis Ngannou would be loving incredibly hilarious.

I dunno that seems like the kind of regular thing for a championship level fighter

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ngannou looks legit good as a prospect in a real weight division way, not just a heavyweight way so him splattering Overeem and then managing to do the same to Stipe would not surprise me in the least.

Neither would Ngannou getting smoked by Stipe. Him losing to Overeem at this point probably would.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lid posted:

also conor mcgregor is being watched by the irish police service because hes a wannabe literal gangster

https://www.buzz.ie/news/one-of-irelands-top-stars-is-under-garda-surveillance-235423

First its important to note that the cops in Ireland will do basically anything they feel like doing. Someone could just want to watch the dude shower and they'd setup a full surveillance rig.

But yeah apparently the lightweight belt was defended in a pub in Crumlin last night, he slapped some coke dealer around or something. Nothing confirmed from the sources I've read. Sure the papers here will have something reasonably solid by this afternoon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The UFC might be stone silent on McGregor saying homophobic poo poo but they'll have harder time covering it up when he's murdered by smack dealers.

Maybe they'll just paint a gorilla on Lobov and say he's Conor.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Southpaugh posted:

First its important to note that the cops in Ireland will do basically anything they feel like doing. Someone could just want to watch the dude shower and they'd setup a full surveillance rig.

But yeah apparently the lightweight belt was defended in a pub in Crumlin last night, he slapped some coke dealer around or something. Nothing confirmed from the sources I've read. Sure the papers here will have something reasonably solid by this afternoon.

he punched Graham "The Wig" Whelan's da in the face

DrBrezo
May 13, 2009

It'd be gas if McGregor got shot and killed by a drug gang, thus proving conclusively that owning a gun is the best base for MMA

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DrBrezo posted:

It'd be gas if McGregor got shot and killed by a drug gang, thus proving conclusively that owning a gun is the best base for MMA

I can't find the photoshoot image of Tank Abbott pointing a gun at someone in a gi from inside his guard but this was already shown in the early days

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lid posted:

he punched Graham "The Wig" Whelan's da in the face

doubt anything will come of it if its just some local hard man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Keven's prediction was true, he's mastered MMA, fought the best in boxing, now he's going to be trying to be the best drug dealer while José Aldo starts dealing weed out of the back of his burger shop, trying to catch up.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I.N.R.I posted:

doubt anything will come of it if its just some local hard man

four murders is pretty good for a local hard man

DrBrezo
May 13, 2009

How have i never seen this before ! cheers Dunc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lid posted:

four murders is pretty good for a local hard man

excuse me.. local hard man with a porsche

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This has the composition, palette and general energy of a renaissance painting

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

of course they used papyrus

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
None of Mighty Mouse's opponents have been any good because they were beaten by Mighty Mouse I guess?

Seems legit.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
[edit] whoops

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Is Crumlin a bad area? With a name like that you'd think it would have to be, but everywhere seemed nice when I was in Ireland. Except for the betting shops those places seemed depressing.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Lemon Rickey party

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I’m no longer anything I previously claimed was me because I’m this instead.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tyree posted:

I don't care about ducking or not. The idea of having the fight at catch-weight with both titles on the line is interesting though.

I think would be an exhibition. No belts

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

El Roncho posted:

I don't remember people getting this cheesed about GSP pretty much never wanting to fight Anderson Silva when they were both in their primes and champions in their respective divisions.

I guess the rules are different when you're smaller in stature.

Or black.

:facepalm:

GSP didn't duck Anderson at 170. MM is ducking TJ at 125. That's the difference. It's not race or height. It's because MM is ducking people in his own weight class. This would be like Aldo ducking Kenny Florian instead of whooping his rear end. IMO the champ or [recent] former champ of a given weight class is automatically a contender at a lesser weight class. Usually champs are happy to have champs from a higher weight come down to their weight to challenge them but DJ wants 2 million or whatever to fight anyone with the slighest notoriety. I like the guy and think he's an absolute class act but he is ducking TJ. Just hope it doesn't end up like Bisping where he ducks the credible contenders only to get embarassed by guys he is supposed to beat.

MM is great but he has never actually defeated a champion and he badly needs the TJ fight for his legacy. Otherwise he has the most title defenses ever but the quality of his win streak is actually not even as good as Jon Fitch's run to GSP where he beat legit killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

• Locked thread