Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just popping in to say the soundtrack to DOOM is playing full volume in work and it's so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The only thing I bought during all of black Friday and cyborg Monday was GT Sport. Proud of myself

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Apparently Microsoft is granting people refunds and Sony is not. Another small point I will consider if we get a next generation of consoles and not marginal upgrades.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heavy Rain and Beyond both sold very well and Sony is treating Detroit like a big thing because of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just popping in to say the soundtrack to DOOM is playing full volume in work and it's so loving good

The only thing that isn’t perfect about DOOM is that you can’t play it 24/7. Arcade mode is SO loving FUN.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Heavy Rain and Beyond both sold very well and Sony is treating Detroit like a big thing because of it.

Detroit had a massively expensive booth at PAX-AUS. Even had some guys dressed up as androids behind glass, posing as display models.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the rise of streaming has done a lot for David Cage's particular brand. His games are easy to LP over a couple of days, there aren't too many failure states or difficult segments, batshit insane moments in abundance and the presentation is all very cinematic when it isn't falling apart, which can also be entertaining in its own right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

Apparently Microsoft is granting people refunds and Sony is not. Another small point I will consider if we get a next generation of consoles and not marginal upgrades.

Ms has a refund system to make this possible sony probably would have to manually go through a bazillion accounts cause psn is a rats nest. Im gonna be real mad if ps5 doesnt launch with a new psn service but in the end i guess ill just dwi cause sonys got the games i want to play.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

At release Sony tried to make the PS4 into some media center, so they added stuff like a browser, media player and that stuff.

Then they changed idea and trough the PS4 really need to be some groupware app, coordinating all our communications and social life. This why they added things like circles and a calendar and a event system.

And now they seems to believe what we want is Facebook, so now when you friend somebody you also "follow him". I guess since the feature exist, maybe is possible to friend somebody but not follow him? When we friend somebody we get duplicated notifications, one for making him a friend and another for following him.

Is spam and is easy ignorable, so I am now whining, but it means somebody in japan believe that we want to faceboo-ize PSN, and that idea is so wrong that is funny to me.

Thanks for reading.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Help me choose a racing SIM

Hi goons,

I have a burning itch to race fake cars again. Gran Turismo 3 and 4 were totally my jam growing up so I was excited for sport to release.
However, I tried out the demo and WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CAMPAIGN MODE?

I just want to win series and slowly upgrade my Miata, slowly taking over the driving world as god intended. This doesn't seem possible with GT: Sport.

I'll be using a controller initially because there has been no reason to buy a PS4 wheel yet. So the game should work ok on a dual shock.

Thanks!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Highly recommend you try GT Sport with motion controlls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tei posted:

At release Sony tried to make the PS4 into some media center, so they added stuff like a browser, media player and that stuff.

Then they changed idea and trough the PS4 really need to be some groupware app, coordinating all our communications and social life. This why they added things like circles and a calendar and a event system.

And now they seems to believe what we want is Facebook, so now when you friend somebody you also "follow him". I guess since the feature exist, maybe is possible to friend somebody but not follow him? When we friend somebody we get duplicated notifications, one for making him a friend and another for following him.

Is spam and is easy ignorable, so I am now whining, but it means somebody in japan believe that we want to faceboo-ize PSN, and that idea is so wrong that is funny to me.

Thanks for reading.

The worst offense is how there is now one phone app for messaging, a second app for communities, a third app for console control, a fourth app for Vue, and a fifth app for all the miscellaneous stuff left over.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

The worst offense is how there is now one phone app for messaging, a second app for communities, a third app for console control, a fourth app for Vue, and a fifth app for all the miscellaneous stuff left over.

Splitting the messages app was the dumbest poo poo ever. You'd still get notifications from the normal app and then you'd have to open the messages app to see them.
So so bad

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Norns posted:

Highly recommend you try GT Sport with motion controlls

Why would you play a sim with motion controls? You mean vr?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Why would you play a sim with motion controls? You mean vr?

Have you tried them?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

And no I'm talking about motion steering with the PS4 controller cuz the guy said he wasn't getting a wheel.

Also the motion controlls are super good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Math You posted:

Help me choose a racing SIM

Hi goons,

I have a burning itch to race fake cars again. Gran Turismo 3 and 4 were totally my jam growing up so I was excited for sport to release.
However, I tried out the demo and WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CAMPAIGN MODE?

I just want to win series and slowly upgrade my Miata, slowly taking over the driving world as god intended. This doesn't seem possible with GT: Sport.

I'll be using a controller initially because there has been no reason to buy a PS4 wheel yet. So the game should work ok on a dual shock.

Thanks!

I think they're adding in a campaign in a couple weeks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Norns posted:

Have you tried them?

No. I like assistive motion controls in shooters, but they sound awful as the primary means of input in a racing game.

I will try it if I ever pick up the game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

No. I like assistive motion controls in shooters, but they sound awful as the primary means of input in a racing game.

I will try it if I ever pick up the game.

I own a accuforce wheel for context.

The motion controlls are very good in GT Sport

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Moved and got my own internet, so I'm messing with PS4 network settings for the first time. Says I've got NAT 2, with ~100 down and ~60 up. I had the impression that NAT needs to be "open" for good online play; is that the case? Googled around and some people seem to be saying that you're fine as long as you don't have 3.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What it's reporting there is fine, it means the console is able to obtain the services it needs from the router automatically. Open (NAT type 1) means the console is in the DMZ which is usually not necessary unless you do see problems at type 2.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What I really want to know is, anyone have any good meltdowns over people losing their $300 marvel heroes accounts?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Norns posted:

The only thing I bought during all of black Friday and cyborg Monday was GT Sport. Proud of myself

"proud of you"

revolther
May 27, 2008
It's hard to believe that anyone would play Marvel Heroes on a console. I assumed it was revamped but keeping the same name, nope straight up mobile content.
It was a really shallow boring Diablo clone, maybe Marvel will bring back the X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance devs for a quality free-to-play game. Hell, I'd jump on a proper sequel instead of the re-releases.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it plays fine on console? it's just a f2p diablo style game and there is definitely a market for that. it was pretty solid for what it offered

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

revolther posted:

It's hard to believe that anyone would play Marvel Heroes on a console. I assumed it was revamped but keeping the same name, nope straight up mobile content.
It was a really shallow boring Diablo clone, maybe Marvel will bring back the X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance devs for a quality free-to-play game. Hell, I'd jump on a proper sequel instead of the re-releases.

Marvel Heroes was never on mobile?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Marvel Heroes was never on mobile?

He’s probably thinking of Future Fight.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So I was at Costco and GT: Sport was on clearance for $39 CAD. Score!

Now watch my campaign content never actually be added to the game..

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

What I really want to know is, anyone have any good meltdowns over people losing their $300 marvel heroes accounts?

Pretty happy I never spent any actual money on FTP Marvel Diablo. Definitely setting a pretty bad precedent here.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Yakuza 0 is fun, but a lot of the character models (basically anyone who isn't a major character who is scanned from a real actor's face or is a main character like Kazuma or Majima), the animations, and especially the controls feel like they haven't been updated since the previous console generation. A lot of in-engine cutscenes distinctly remind me of Deadly Premonition.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I did grab AssCreed:Origins for $22 during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. Also grabbed Splatoon 2 and LEGO City Undercover since I’d been meaning to play it and TRU was doing a “Buy 1, Get 1 50% off” thing. Now I need to see if Best Buy will do their usual “Buy 2 Get 1 Free” holiday sale.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

Yakuza 0 is fun, but a lot of the character models (basically anyone who isn't a major character who is scanned from a real actor's face or is a main character like Kazuma or Majima), the animations, and especially the controls feel like they haven't been updated since the previous console generation. A lot of in-engine cutscenes distinctly remind me of Deadly Premonition.

Its the best story in games and comes with 100s of hours of minigame stuff on top.

it is actually a ps3 game ported btw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

They haven't

e: beaten!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That thing with stuck R1/L1 buttons, is it supposed to be a simple fix? (1 year warranty passed like 2 weeks ago)

re-asking

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You probably just need to take apart your controller and clean the contacts.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Paracelsus posted:

Bear in mind that this is a PS3 game originally released early 2015.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

re-asking

Sorry, are the R1/L1 buttons sticking?

If so it's an easy fix. I've done it several times.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

You probably just need to take apart your controller and clean the contacts.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sorry, are the R1/L1 buttons sticking?

If so it's an easy fix. I've done it several times.

So opening it up isn't a big deal?

L1 is mushy, and sometimes barely budges.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

So opening it up isn't a big deal?

L1 is mushy, and sometimes barely budges.

Oh yeah, man, you don't even need to open it up. Those fuckers pop right off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRHTkZKsuhA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh yeah, man, you don't even need to open it up. Those fuckers pop right off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRHTkZKsuhA

Thanks.