Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (3): SirSamVimes, flerp, STONE COLD 64, Revolver Anidav, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Infinitum, flerp, Retro Futurist
Retro Futurist (3): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight
Infinitum (2): flerp, St Evan Echoes
Xad (1): Your Personal Muse
CCKeane (1): MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes
Lynch No One! (1): Infinitum
Your Personal Muse (1): Podima, Infinitum, Infinitum
SalTheBard (0): St Evan Echoes, Revolver Anidav, Revolver Anidav, St Evan Echoes

Not Voting (7): b-minus1, CCKeane, Jonathan Fisk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz, Xad

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 46 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

As much as I despise Inf because he’s awful and the worst and a blight on our community, he will be fun in this game and I will not vote him today

Categorically saying you will not vote for somebody on D 1 is scummy

We’re here to have fun but more importantly were here for scum to not have fun by lynching them

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok joke phase is done ##vote SSV

very self conscious posting

joke phase has been done so plz take this game seriously and vote infi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cool someone else sees ypm and inf are scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What's the case

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I will probably not be here for deadline because I'm going to work now, and bathroom breaks are beginning to traumatise me.

I will stay true to exposing the Beaver Conspiracy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

What's the case
its day 1 my case is I picked a hill and now I’m dying on it, also joke votes between scumbros are a thing on d1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Retro Futurist posted:

So Joke phase is over, and even though most of ssvs votes came during jokephase you’re voting for him. This post seems like a scum attempt to keep the wagon going.

##vote RF

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Revolver Anidav posted:

I will probably not be here for deadline because I'm going to work now, and bathroom breaks are beginning to traumatise me.

I will stay true to exposing the Beaver Conspiracy.

You never responded to my question about the Beaver Conspiracy, clearly you're a genome solider ##vote Revolver Anidav

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I'm happy with my vote where it is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Solid Snake, I choose you! Use Water gun!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CCKeane posted:

Solid Snake, I choose you! Use Water gun!

keane can u vote infi plz ur the only reasonable person in this game rn

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

flerp posted:

keane can u vote infi plz ur the only reasonable person in this game rn

If you're looking for reasonable people in an MGS game you're in the wrong place, buddy

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If you're looking for reasonable people in an MGS game you're in the wrong place, buddy

clearly ur right because infi has not been turboed yet and this is extremely upsetting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

So Joke phase is over, and even though most of ssvs votes came during jokephase you’re voting for him. This post seems like a scum attempt to keep the wagon going.

##vote RF

Bruv I have like 5 posts come on it's not that hard to find context

Retro Futurist posted:

They played us like a DAMNED FIDDLE!

Also SSV looks for real bad but I'm not going to interrupt joke phase yet

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

flerp posted:

clearly ur right because infi has not been turboed yet and this is extremely upsetting

This is true. He's also posting his gifs in multiple threads which is a lynchable offence

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

rf i think the best way for u not to get lynched is to instead lynch infi hint hint nudge nudge

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ok, please give me the case on Inf since it’s so scummy not to want to vote him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also serious vote ##vote SSV

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Ok, please give me the case on Inf since it’s so scummy not to want to vote him.

infi is a liquid snak

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

flerp posted:

infi is a liquid snak

fair enough

##vote inf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Xad posted:

fair enough

##vote inf

This guy's also scum. 2/3 you're welcome

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wait this is 18 player. 2/4 or 2/3 with some third parties then.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello it is Tired M. And or b minus.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

This guy's also scum. 2/3 you're welcome

town superstar flerp has never let me down and I fail to see why now would be any different

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
RF now speaks for me as we have the same brain apparently

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah you know what, I still think YPM is scum and trying to push votes off of Inf and onto SSV. Looking at Infinitum's posting, usually when he's town he gets much more aggressive and (being honest) starts pressuring random people for no sane reason. His posts this game have all been super jokey and coasty. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841314&userid=60088 So that alone is a strong scumtell for Inf.

As for YPM, I still think he was scummy as previously mentioned (and didn't like his response to me about it), and then this turnaround right here:

No, in fact it was Good because SSV was very self-conscious.

It’s a fact that only scum vote for SSV

Also serious vote ##vote SSV

Where's this serious vote on SSV coming from out of nowhere? Your opinion keeps flipping around. Plus his vote on SSV seems calculated to tip the balance away from Inf.

My vote's still on YPM and I'd vote Inf today. Still catching up though.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

ugh this is what you come back with? I keep bouncing back and forth on RF, I can't decide if they're scummy or just low-participation, but I firmly disagree with the characterization of SSV's posting as overly self-conscious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Hello it is Tired M. And or b minus.

Explain this further, please!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m in for ##vote ypm

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm. Looking at MMG's post history, the most he's done w/r/t game interactions is make a nothingburger comment on the mod's flavor. Other than that it's all been coasting and tossing out jokevotes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841314&userid=76921

Would vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also these people have not voted a single time this game day: Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Jonathan Fisk, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

Keane at least made a call, but as for the others:

JFisk: No participation. I made my concerns expressly clear prior to game start, but unfortunately this isn't a scumtell for him.

Sal: Awkward newbie. Please make some alignment calls. I know you can do it.

Moritz: Whining about people not posting, has not posted much other than to agree with my town call on SSV.

~~~

For gently caress's sake people, if nothing else just read the thread again and make a quick list of scum/town reads. I'm going to do the same to get it all together in one post.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Podima posted:

Hmm. Looking at MMG's post history, the most he's done w/r/t game interactions is make a nothingburger comment on the mod's flavor. Other than that it's all been coasting and tossing out jokevotes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841314&userid=76921

Would vote.

I didn't like his random vote on me either as we approach deadline. Just because he didn't know about the Beaver Conspiracy?

RF is the poster formerly known as Opopanax. He once had an amusing cartoon beaver for an avatar. In one of my first mafia games ever, he was scum and I was on to his evil ways.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
SCUM
Infinitum - as mentioned, coasting and jokevoting instead of his usual bulldog casing style
MMG - same as above but I actually vaguely remember this being MMG's scum MO from Auspol mafia? Can someone from Auspol confirm? Also, commenting only on mod posts/flavor spec and nothing else is scummy.
YPM - previously stated case.
RF - bad casing of SSV and weird timing of "ok I guess I'll finally vote" after pushing the case, but I keep second-guessing myself about whether this is just Opop being opoop. I don't like the naming a number of scum thing they just did though. Ok while writing this I moved him from MAYBE SCUM to SCUM.

MAYBE SCUM
GeneX - has done nothing other than drop a vote on SSV for spurious reasons
Tired Moritz - Noticeable non-participation where I expect better.
Xad - coasting and hasn't made any real reads at all other than a town call on flerp, which is weird for them. I'd almost even vote them today.
STONE COLD 64 - lack of participation isn't really a scumtell for him, but I need to see more than a jester read on SSV.

NEUTRAL
Keane - is joking around and participating but has at least dropped two names. Need casing to back it up.
flerp - at first I thought he was doing better, but now that I reread all I see is 'lynch Infi'. Please case someone else.
Sal - needs to participate more. Nothing egregious one way or another.
JFisk - lurking isn't an alignment tell for him, it's just obnoxious as heck. Will let the mod handle it.
Nevergirls - can't decide here. I might have leaned scummy but they voted along with my YPM case.

LEANING TOWN
BK - has engaged with others' cases, and been consistent with his reads thus far.
Revolver Anidav - has engaged in a couple of ways, good vibe.
bminus - I agree with where his reads are coming from even if I'm not sold on his RF case.
SSV - reacted fine to pressure from his jokephase posting, imo. Also votes piled up real fast on him.
St. Evan - agree with his reads.

TOWN
Podima

I would vote any of the 4 people at the top of the list and will be here through deadline - which is in about 2.5 hours.

For now I'll pull a Max and ##vote Infinitum to see how people react to a 3-way tie where I think 2 of the participants are scum, since the only other YPM vote is Infinitum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (4): SirSamVimes, flerp, STONE COLD 64, Revolver Anidav, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Infinitum, flerp, Retro Futurist, Your Personal Muse
Infinitum (4): flerp, St Evan Echoes, Xad, Podima
Retro Futurist (4): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight, b-minus1
Lynch No One! (1): Infinitum
Revolver Anidav (1): MysticalMachineGun
Your Personal Muse (1): Podima, Infinitum, Infinitum, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima
Xad (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
SalTheBard (0): St Evan Echoes, Revolver Anidav, Revolver Anidav, St Evan Echoes
CCKeane (0): MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, MysticalMachineGun

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Jonathan Fisk, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 25 minutes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

SCUM
Infinitum - as mentioned, coasting and jokevoting instead of his usual bulldog casing style

Looking at Infs posts in this game and other games I've played with them where I know they were town the styles are totally different as you've said. I'm still not 100% on that because we did have joke phase and then kind of a slower day 1. I want to look at a few others posts and then go from there.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
flerp referred to himself as "town superstar" in a different game and i thought it was funny so i repeated the joke because i am an unoriginal hack

as usual, i have no read on flerp, but SSV's whole "pretending to be a jester maybe ha ha ha" thing is odd, YPM and inf are giving me pause as well, but for YPM at least maybe it's because their avatar makes me feel very attacked

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I like a lot of your posts Pod, but I disagree with voting Infinitum so early on D1. Inf always sounds like a shitposter, and may not always appear useful. But you never know when his keen nose will pull through, and the scum will be in the poo poo instead. He needs time for the poo poo to break down into rich compost.

Podima posted:

MMG - same as above but I actually vaguely remember this being MMG's scum MO from Auspol mafia? Can someone from Auspol confirm? Also, commenting only on mod posts/flavor spec and nothing else is scummy.

I think that's his MO as scum or town. It's been a long time since we played together, but I remember thinking he was scummy a lot even when he was town. I'm still leaning scummy on him, but I don't think the meta angle will help. We should try doing wild flavour speculation instead.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
have to make this post quick. wife is having a bad day and wants to watch a movie (nicholas sparks god drat it).

Retro Futurist posted:

to be honest, i dont really see how that earlier post of yours you quoted explains the vote. "i don't want to interrupt joke phase yet" and then later "vote ssv". your vote for them tied up the votes at 3 apiece, so it just seemed like you were trying to hoping to get the wagon off of you and on to ssv. (which, as im typing this, i would understand why you would do this out of interest of self-preservation).

im really not sure what to make of the inf case. i tend not to read too much into flerp's d1 joke posts, but i do find it interesting that he continues push for an inf lynch.

will try to post more before deadline sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

inf has tunnelled on confirmed clear town before as town i think you might be putting too much stock in relying on him

• Locked thread