Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Astros may have won a shiny trophy, but the Dodgers are the real winners of 2017 baseball :smug:

https://twitter.com/BaseballAmerica/status/935610024675676160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
News: Jason Kipnis attempted to fist bump a moray eel.

Views: Professional baseball players definitely don't need their hands for things, right?

secular woods sex fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 28, 2017

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

I mean, I’ve maintained my chest and shoulder size along with my strength over the past few months. Note: Neither Kevlar not Poque have seen me much during this time so they cannot verify whether this weight loss has been extreme or healthy.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

Views: Professional baseball players definitely don't need their hands for things, right?

The responses to that are great.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat

https://twitter.com/euqubud/status/935561815446110208

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

It's okay, batters are impervious.

Now if he was pitcher, that arm woulda been lopped cleeeeeaaaan off.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

https://twitter.com/HeraldSports/status/935645489940385792

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
haha holy poo poo

I mean that's been where it was going but now they're just openly stating it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

tbf I think that tweet is mostly the Miami paper sensationalizing. Here's the actual meat from the article

Miami Herald posted:

According to two sources with knowledge of discussions, the Marlins informed Stanton in October that if he refused to waive his no-trade rights and accept a trade, he would remain a Marlin and team officials would look to trade off other top players to reduce payroll.

While it wasn’t presented to Stanton as an ultimatum, one source said, it shows that the Marlins aren’t without leverage in their efforts to deal Stanton and relieve them of the financial burden he brings. Stanton has said he doesn’t wish to be part of a rebuild.
So basically its speculation based on a source talking about discussions a month ago.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Miami has another star :confused:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Baseball was briefly amazed by Home Run Derby participant Justin Bour. Unfortunately, he was up against Aaron Judge in the first round

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jeter is kind of bad at this owner thing, it's actually funny

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
He’s also making 5 million a year in salary, a 4 million management fee, and 1 million for travel.

Hey Jeets, maybe you should do what Arod did and take some business & management classes.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Jeter is a secret Yankee spy and he's going to trade Stanton for Ellsbury straight up.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He’s also making 5 million a year in salary, a 4 million management fee, and 1 million for travel.

Hey Jeets, maybe you should do what Arod did and take some business & management classes.
:lol: really? Where did you see this reported. That's amazing

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
To be fair isn't Jeets also a talking head for the larger ownership group? I know they've said he's the primary decision maker, but if there wasn't a mandate to cut payroll across the majority of the new owners, I doubt he could get away with trading Stanton as his first big move.

Him getting $10m a year is pretty :lol: either way though.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 29, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Quote is not edit. :downs:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

in fairness that entire OF is rad. Yellich is the dude GMs dream on because everyone wants to believe that he's going to hit 30 HRs someday in CF, but Ozuna's already pretty good

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bawfuls posted:

The Astros may have won a shiny trophy, but the Dodgers are the real winners of 2017 baseball :smug:

So you’re trying to be both the Yankees and Cardinals.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000

bawfuls posted:

:lol: really? Where did you see this reported. That's amazing
Forbes.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

So did the dude ever eat the jello tuna pie?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

SourKraut posted:

With only 6 titles ever? What are we in, the 40's? :smug:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

MrMojok posted:

So did the dude ever eat the jello tuna pie?

Yes. Also banana and ham with hollandaise

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Sydin posted:

To be fair isn't Jeets also a talking head for the larger ownership group? I know they've said he's the primary decision maker, but if there wasn't a mandate to cut payroll across the majority of the new owners, I doubt he could get away with trading Stanton as his first big move.

Him getting $10m a year is pretty :lol: either way though.

Jeter is only like a 4% owner, his whole involvement seems kinda gimmicky to me. Maybe this is a little :tinfoil: but I can't help but feel like he's just there to distract ownership being standard Marlins cheap as poo poo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

SourKraut posted:

Sounds like a great way to win

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know the Dinger Machine is awesome but it's not a star.

Yeah I know it's Ichiro

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ichiro is a free agent.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I don't know if they count as stars, but I'd be happy to see Ozuna and Yelich go to a team that doesn't play the Braves a lot.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Stove is really heating up now, Nationals are almost, maybe, possibly (100% definitely not) considering trading for Zimmermann. Because every contending team needs at least one starter with a 6+ ERA, right?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stove is really heating up now, Nationals are almost, maybe, possibly (100% definitely not) considering trading for Zimmermann. Because every contending team needs at least one starter with a 6+ ERA, right?

nats cornering the market on zimmer men

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Friedman turned the Dodgers, a team that won 90+ games and the NL West the last five years in a row, into a championship caliber team out of nowhere in 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Friedman turned the Dodgers, a team that won 90+ games and the NL West the last five years in a row, into a championship caliber team out of nowhere in 2017

Only took the highest payroll in baseball, to boot! Truly the greatest GM of our time.

For real though the Dodgers farm is stupid good

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

It is funny in that context, but they have done a good job. The farm system is better now than it was when they took over, and that's after graduating Seager/Joc/Bellinger. This team did also win more games than all but one previous Dodger team, and the most since moving to LA. It's a pretty meaningless accolade from a website. *shrug*

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The can of Bush's baked beans has been opened and they're IN the pot, folks. The burner is set to low and now we just wait for thos beans to bubble. Hot stove is ready. Mhmmm.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

bawfuls posted:

Ichiro is a free agent.

The Mariners need a fourth outfielder since they're probably letting Dyson go. Come back home, my good friend.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pungry posted:

The Mariners need a fourth outfielder since they're probably letting Dyson go. Come back home, my good friend.

As much as I'd love for the Cubs to sign Ichiro as their fourth OF because who wouldn't want Ichiro on their team, him returning to Seattle would be :unsmith: as hell.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I want Yelich on my team for irrational reasons.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sydin posted:

As much as I'd love for the Cubs to sign Ichiro as their fourth OF because who wouldn't want Ichiro on their team, him returning to Seattle would be :unsmith: as hell.

I still need to scrounge up money for an eye-bleeding orange Ichiro Marlins jersey.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bawfuls posted:

Ichiro is a free agent.

I hear there’s a “Team Dad” position available in Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I hear there’s a “Team Dad” position available in Houston.

Adam Laroche is available

• Locked thread