Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bitey Bunny posted:

There's another Japanese omelette thing in a video that's making the rounds on Facebook. It literally looks like a wound filled with pus leaking all over rice and the video commentary keeps drumming it up as "yummy" and "perfection". I think it's by the same people who made this video. I'm sure it probably tastes awesome but the presentation...

I imagine the sound it makes would be spelled "plorp."

Yes, with the period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Draw me like one of your French bread pizzas.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

I imagine the sound it makes would be spelled "plorp."

Yes, with the period.

you can have terrifyingly abstract onomatopoeia in japanese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_sound_symbolism

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I FIGURED IT OUT! EVERYTHING IS PIZZA!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I FIGURED IT OUT! EVERYTHING IS PIZZA!

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Bitey Bunny posted:

There's another Japanese omelette thing in a video that's making the rounds on Facebook. It literally looks like a wound filled with pus leaking all over rice and the video commentary keeps drumming it up as "yummy" and "perfection". I think it's by the same people who made this video. I'm sure it probably tastes awesome but the presentation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5zGHjRaMo&t=145s

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh shiiiit. The saucing seriously levels up the AFP. It's as if the chef decided that to look like a pussy abscess wasn't humiliation enough for those eggs, and thus dumped the juice from the bottom of a package of raw ground beef on top, just to make sure that they knew their place.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Oh shiiiit. The saucing seriously levels up the AFP. It's as if the chef decided that to look like a pussy abscess wasn't humiliation enough for those eggs, and thus dumped the juice from the bottom of a package of raw ground beef on top, just to make sure that they knew their place.

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

the abyss stares also into you et c

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

It may look AFP, but drat if the making of it isn't levels of skill I wish I had:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsWB8laaJM

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Elizabethan Error posted:

the abscess stares also into you et c
FTFY

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

It may look AFP, but drat if the making of it isn't levels of skill I wish I had:

I still can’t do the handle bumping part well :(

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm the theme song from "Laverne and Shirley" playing in the background

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

tribbledirigible posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsWB8laaJM

Sans chopsticks this is the exact same way Julia Child taught how to make omelets.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMtxN2wfLR8
I was wrong, she uses chopsticks too.

mds2 has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Nov 29, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Ok neat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/820347908562239490

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yer a chutney, Harry!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yer a chutney, Harry!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When everyone is pizza no one will be.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yer a chutney, Harry!

New thread title immediately.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Not enough spam, fails the Hawaiian test.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

hello thread. do you like burgers? do you look at a burger and think "dam dat is some t h i c c boi that i wanna put my teeth around and make smacking noises but here is the problem - the problem is it isn't a swampy rear end and the rear end in question is the whole burg and the abovementioned swamp is yellow cheese-like product"?

b/c good news

h e l l y e ah

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If the bun ends up soggy I would rather die in a gutter.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd eat it honestly as long as I had a knife+fork. If the buns are toasted it might be kind of like a burger benedict.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Picnic Princess posted:

You eat it with a knife and fork, like a wet burrito

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

Can't wait for the satisfying SQULCH of that first bite of my puddle burger! Grab a spoon :yum:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

You eat it with a knife and fork, like a wet burrito

Oh, I grok, but that whole silverware thing seems rather antithetical to the whole burgin' ideal, IMO.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

In Korea it's expected to eat a burg with knife and fork, leading to hilarious exchanges like "hey your burgers are good but they're so sloppy, maybe fewer ingredients would be better" and replied to with "please understand Koreans use a knife and a fork and you must respect our food culture".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I... might.

I feel like that dude's whole teeth/jaw situation is about to come shooting out of his mouth all xenomorph-style.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I got a pulled pork sandwich yesterday that tasted very good but was so soggy I ended up having to eat it with a fork out of the wrapper. I feel like knife and fork from a plate would still be the better option in a direct comparison.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Laser etched bread, augmented reality wine and a goddamned tattooed turkey :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbDgPeU7kUQ

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

My Lovely Horse posted:

I got a pulled pork sandwich yesterday that tasted very good but was so soggy I ended up having to eat it with a fork out of the wrapper. I feel like knife and fork from a plate would still be the better option in a direct comparison.

I'm pretty sure the non-meat components of any barbecue sandwich are to be regarded as vestigial.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Certainly the bun's texture integrated itself into the meat/sauce mix in record time leaving hardly a trace!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I use a knife and fork to eat burgers. Otherwise my hands, and by extension my phone, would end up greasy.

What I'm saying is please give me the saucy burger.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mymla posted:

I use a knife and fork to eat burgers. Otherwise my hands, and by extension my phone, would end up greasy.

What I'm saying is please give me the saucy burger.

Are you one of those people who is constantly loving with their phone when they go out for dinner with people?

Anyway I think the tattooed turkey is by far the dumbest thing I've seen ITT (aside from my posts). Just...why?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I could clarify that the turkey is actually tattooed with a machine with needles and ink before it goes in the oven.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Are you one of those people who is constantly loving with their phone when they go out for dinner with people?

Just lol if you think he is ever anything but alone while he eats giant greasy burgers with a fork and knife

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao if you've never eaten a burger that was completely immersed in a bowl of chili

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The only burger I ever had to resort to a knife and fork was one where each bun half was a grilled cheese sandwich and had a bunch of giant onion rings and stuff on top of it. I tried fitting it in my mouth the normal way but i couldn't and it just made all the toppings fall out the back. 2/10 on burger construction but it was a pretty good burger taste-wise and will make you feel like you don't have to eat for a day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
NO

PIZZA

RULES