Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Landon Donovan was great in the Houston/Seattle game.

:) : Beasley is hitting the grass here, looks like he might be really hurt.
:agesilaus: : I've known DeMarcus Beasley since we were 16, and he's about to stand u and walk away from this no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Anthony Hudson is officially coming to run the Rapids per the league website. link

I imagine we will have a press conference or something tomorrow from the team. Is it roster cut day tomorrow as well?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Is it roster cut day tomorrow as well?

Yep, unless you're still in the playoffs.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/935170399024926720
https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/935210769154756609

guessing Cinci is in a scramble to beat Nashville right now after the rumor Sacramento has been nailed down

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

the venn diagram of people with "MLS knowledge" and good managers has basically zero overlap so maybe he's hoping for a good manager so his team does well??

I'm sure Schellas Hyndman could be convinced to leave GCU.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/935243784866103303

Cincinnati is getting a stadium.

e; hate when i accidental quote

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935255937023057921

So that's the option on all of our goalies, a player who got we signed midseason and saw brief minutes in 5 games then tore his ACL, a bunch of homegrown boys, and our "captain".

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935262298876153857

Tigren fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 28, 2017

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta announced their cuts, only real notable ones are Kenwyne Jones and Mears. Mears sucked and Kenwyne obviously wasn’t in Martino’s plans, makes sense.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Vancouver's notable cuts are Ousted (but that was already known), Sheanon Williams, and Mauro Rosales (who I'd bet is retiring or at least leaving MLS). They declined options on a few other players that they're still "negotiating" with to maybe bring back at a lower number: Harvey, Jacobsen, Bolanos, Bustos, Edgar, Laba, Nosa, and Teibert.

Of those I'd guess Bolanos and Laba end up leaving the league/country, Harvey and AJ give free agency a try (I THINK they both qualify, I haven't checked), Edgar, Nosa, and MAAAAAAYBE Teibert get resigned for cheaper, and Bustos goes to the CPL if it starts next year.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Dallan Invictus posted:

Vancouver's notable cuts are Ousted (but that was already known), Sheanon Williams, and Mauro Rosales (who I'd bet is retiring or at least leaving MLS). They declined options on a few other players that they're still "negotiating" with to maybe bring back at a lower number: Harvey, Jacobsen, Bolanos, Bustos, Edgar, Laba, Nosa, and Teibert.

Of those I'd guess Bolanos and Laba end up leaving the league/country, Harvey and AJ give free agency a try (I THINK they both qualify, I haven't checked), Edgar, Nosa, and MAAAAAAYBE Teibert get resigned for cheaper, and Bustos goes to the CPL if it starts next year.

Is Montero staying around or is he going back to China?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

DR AIDS posted:

Is Montero staying around or is he going back to China?

Answer unclear, ask again.

Honestly I don't know. It probably depends on how much money Tianjin wants for him - I assume there's a buy option because there usually is but there's no information on how much it is so who knows?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935255937023057921

So that's the option on all of our goalies, a player who got we signed midseason and saw brief minutes in 5 games then tore his ACL, a bunch of homegrown boys, and our "captain".

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935262298876153857

Looks like Sigi is getting busy already. It'll be interesting to see what his son's scouting abilities bring for their roster next year. He was really good for Seattle, and I imagine he has a giant portfolio of players that they are planning on replacing the missing 12 roster spots with.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

TwoStepBoog posted:

Cincinnati is getting a stadium.

This essentially means that Columbus Crew is dead. RIP

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

trem_two posted:

Atlanta announced their cuts, only real notable ones are Kenwyne Jones and Mears. Mears sucked and Kenwyne obviously wasn’t in Martino’s plans, makes sense.

Jones retired last week.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

ZHamburglar posted:

This essentially means that Columbus Crew is dead. RIP

columbus has been dead since the moment the league signed off on the exit clause to Austin

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Azerban posted:

columbus has been dead since the moment the league signed off on the exit clause to Austin

Pretty much. Some Twitter random noted something that I hadn't remembered: Summer 2013 when Precourt bought the team was the height of the Chivas debacle (the league bought Vergara out after that season) so if the only buyer the Hunts could find insisted on that exit clause, I imagine they just wanted to take the deal anyway, and the other owners weren't up for buying out two teams in six months, and down the road we rolled until today.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 28, 2017

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids cut some guys names who didn’t do much. Gatt, Williams, Castillo, and Berner. Gordon was let go but I’m not surprised, while he had some notable goals he was a warm body too often. Luis “the only player on loan who got traded in league history” Gil also got let go, he was useless.

The only surprise was Mo Saeid who actually looked good on this garbage fire of a team. Turns out he specifically requested it, reportedly for family reasons.

https://twitter.com/Ry_Madden/status/935560038571057152?s=17

Should be interesting to see how they rebuild, as long as Johan Blomberg isn’t the only new addition. Wouldn’t mind seeing Jose Villarreal in burgundy...

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 29, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

TwoStepBoog posted:

https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/935170399024926720
https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/935210769154756609

guessing Cinci is in a scramble to beat Nashville right now after the rumor Sacramento has been nailed down

I wouldn't be surprised if Sacramento, Cincinnati, AND Nashville are teams 24-26, and Miami's can is kicked down the road again.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
We really liked Mo here in Columbus too. Good guy, solid player. We also knew he'd be the first player gone in the expansion draft.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Should be interesting to see how they rebuild, as long as Johan Blomberg isn’t the only new addition. Wouldn’t mind seeing Villarreal in burgundy...

If you can solve his injury issues, he's a very fun player.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Hahahaha Precourt about to get BTFO based on what I just heard

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

shoplifter posted:

So are you gonna tell us what you heard or nah?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

I'm going to wait in case it doesn't pan out. I don't want to burn my source, who I definitely trust.

It's someone that would be in a position to know.

There a chance it could get posted on Twitter early. I'm not the only one that knows, I just don't want to be *that guy*.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

do you think the impending selection of columbus as the site of amazon's HQ2 will affect this deal in any way

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

It's not that, but I for one, would welcome my new job opportunity

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

shoplifter posted:

Bought the gently caress out?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

blown

Not via fellatio

I'm just stewing on it because I'm on a bus to Toronto

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

shoplifter posted:

blown

Not via fellatio

I'm just stewing on it because I'm on a bus to Toronto

Is your source also on that same bus?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Thanks, Donald. You have super secret squirrel info that will blow everything wide open! But you can't share it! Maybe next week!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Thanks, Donald. You have super secret squirrel info that will blow everything wide open! But you can't share it! Maybe next week!

Infrastructure week is the best.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids have reportedly signed Edgar Castillo from Monterrey.

https://twitter.com/jrojasa75/status/935949524933025792?s=17

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/935877011968577538

Where’s the ‘loads of speculation’ smilie?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

We Don't Need More California Teams

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

San Jose needs someone to care about them. We certainly don't and neither do their fans.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Let's just move San Jose's rights to Sacramento, give the expansion spots to Cincy and Nashville (or don't expand) and then lol at Detroit in general, a city that will have 30 people living in it by the time the team would get off the ground

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Pretty much. Some Twitter random noted something that I hadn't remembered: Summer 2013 when Precourt bought the team was the height of the Chivas debacle (the league bought Vergara out after that season) so if the only buyer the Hunts could find insisted on that exit clause, I imagine they just wanted to take the deal anyway, and the other owners weren't up for buying out two teams in six months, and down the road we rolled until today.

Should also be noted that Precourt paid $30 million more than the next highest bid, that means the next highest offer was in the 30's.

shoplifter posted:

I highly doubt that. MLS is going to lose out on too much money by not going to Austin. An ownership group from a top 4 European league is going to also be an investor in Austin.

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 30, 2017

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

ZHamburglar posted:

Should also be noted that Precourt paid $30 million more than the next highest bid, that means the next highest offer was in the 30's.

I highly doubt that. MLS is going to lose out on too much money by not going to Austin. An ownership group from a top 4 European league is going to also be an investor in Austin.

We already had an investor from a top 4 European league in Austin. That team is now Orlando City. Worked out splendid.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Austin has also changed a good amount since 2010. Mainly more traffic and homeless people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

ZHamburglar posted:

Austin has also changed a good amount since 2010. Mainly more traffic and homeless people.

Sounds like a prime location for an MLS team.

• Locked thread