Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

For the record extra votes always strikes me as a townie power so while I'm disappointed in their choice of target Nevergirls isn't pinging anything for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ya I thought that was weird too.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm supposed to have a day action that lets me hammer when someone has >50% of votes but I may have used it wrong

This is his explanation of what happened, it’s not quite extra votes and he also claims it’s a one-shot and he has other powers.

If we take him at his word he used a power that breaks MYLO/LYLO, on D1, to prevent a no lynch.

He’s town, lying, an idiot, or insane enough to use up an easy win power on a potential D1 no lynch to make himself look town

I’m inclined towards the first because his claim squares with what happened+ is a reasonable role given the setup is role madness, and because I suspect RF was indeed scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't buy it as one-shot, but again I don't feel ~scum~ off it. I also don't read opop as scum either and frankly we ought to treat him as dead town imo until proven otherwise

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

also gonna be personally offended when infi claims town vamp

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lore/role speculation is always a dead end but multiple characters are dead/come back from the dead:

- Vamp (most obvious)
- Liquid (kinda)
- Big Boss fakes his death at least once
- The Sorrow is a ghost
- The patriots themselves have been dead for 200 years

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im having kinda a lovely week but im here

Nevergirls reads as town. I don't see any reason why scum would use their super op power so early in the game.

Can anyone explain to me why Retro was being voted? I kinda get the infi push or maybe SSV, but retro?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Im having kinda a lovely week but im here

Nevergirls reads as town. I don't see any reason why scum would use their super op power so early in the game.

Can anyone explain to me why Retro was being voted? I kinda get the infi push or maybe SSV, but retro?

Read the goddamn thread, there were multiple posts detailing it.

More later but this was offensively bad and TM is rocketing up my scum list.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just woke up please no bully

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

ngo SUPER SCUM lol

flerp posted:

i still believe in turboing infi ##vote infi

flerp posted:

i highly doubt a townie would end day 1 out of the blue for no reason

flerp posted:

no matter what way i slice ngo's play it is like INSANELY anti-town

incredibly goddamn wrong but then this is the same guy who accidentally forgot he was dead in dbz mafia so

Seriously, explain why you think NGO doing what they did was insanely anti-town. I want to hear this.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think everyone restating their reasoning can be good at finding scum. If you're so sure about retro being scum, then why don't you just illiterate your thought process?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hello, Inf. I am what you would call checking in

Also, for the record, I didn't flip flop on SSV and I don't know why Pod doesn't get that joke and it made me sad

bep bop i am scum hunt robot

(also i legit didnt get the joke, you can explain it to me after the game)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Tired Morowitz posts frequently about going after a lurker. D1 posts about lurkers strike me poorly, and the brevity of these posts is also pinging me as a means of avoiding an error.

B minus:

This is a weird post to have as your fifth post after game starts.

CCKeane posted:

I dislike this post as well. It feels very much like the take away is "NGO could go either way" with a soft claim in there. In particular, I dislike this soft claim because I know if *I* had a similar ability and I was town, I'd be very aggressive in figuring out what was up with NGO.

Ehhh. TM I can see. B- though, scum doesn't softclaim like that unprompted, I don't think. Thank you for explaining though!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Hay everybody. Last 2 games I was in iirc were d1 nolynch which I felt was the most antitown thing ever. so rather than risk it this time I took action. I have other Things I Can Do Under Specific Circumstances but this was a once-per-game dealy. the hidden flip is not related to my action AFAIK.

Thank you. Pending further explanation and assuming this is truthful, I'm going to conclude that RF's non-flip was based on his own role, as the only other day action that we saw occur was the motherbase thing and that's too far for Occam's razor to cut.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Hi RF, hope you join us again, because I suspect SOMETHING.

Go on, please. Why do you think RF isn't actually dead?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Ya I thought that was weird too.

What is this referring to?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

This is his explanation of what happened, it’s not quite extra votes and he also claims it’s a one-shot and he has other powers.

If we take him at his word he used a power that breaks MYLO/LYLO, on D1, to prevent a no lynch.

He’s town, lying, an idiot, or insane enough to use up an easy win power on a potential D1 no lynch to make himself look town

I’m inclined towards the first because his claim squares with what happened+ is a reasonable role given the setup is role madness, and because I suspect RF was indeed scum

I fully agree with this post, btw.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I think everyone restating their reasoning can be good at finding scum. If you're so sure about retro being scum, then why don't you just illiterate your thought process?

How about you make a single solitary case on your own?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Last but not least:

Podima posted:

Xad - coasting and hasn't made any real reads at all other than a town call on flerp [and Nevergirls], which is weird for them. I'd almost even vote them today.

Xad posted:

uhhhh hey so what the heck NGO?

Xad posted:

But do you agree with yourself?

:thunk:

Xad posted:

Alrighty well this makes me feel better about you at least.

Dunno what the gently caress is with inf tho

Who's scum, Xad?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't have enough reads to make a case yet.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

incredibly goddamn wrong but then this is the same guy who accidentally forgot he was dead in dbz mafia so

Seriously, explain why you think NGO doing what they did was insanely anti-town. I want to hear this.

because i dont believe his ability is a town ability and i dont believe he used it for a townie reason

i guess maybe i was also frustrated that i got out of my tutoring session on tuesday and saw the thread closed and was like woah did we turbo infi and instead rf died for what felt like a really weird oppurtunistic reason but i couldnt express those opinions because some idiot decided to end the day before i could say anything worthwhile besides my plz turbo infi

i mean obv i couldve done that earlier but i thought i had more time (also i didnt pay attention to the deadline and thought it was a longer d1, ill fully admit to that. i have not been the most aware atm due to being sick and tired for almost a week now)

(also also its rude af that ur bringing up the mishap in dbz mafia)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Xad might be scum since they are playing exactly the same as their last scum game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't have enough reads to make a case yet.

well you better go get your reads from the book store and hurry it up!!! were all waiting for 'em!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

What is this referring to?

NGO using his super turbo OP ability on D1 when we weren't even close to a no lynch scenario. Although weirdly enough RF's alignment wasn't revealed so maybe it wasn't scummy, but it just seemed odd to me to blow an ability like that on Day loving One.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's good that you are seeking remedial instruction on how to mafia, flerp, but try not to miss hammers because of it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and also ngo claiming it's a one shot ability he used it on d1? when there were still a couple hours left in the day? wtf???

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

NGO using his super turbo OP ability on D1 when we weren't even close to a no lynch scenario. Although weirdly enough RF's alignment wasn't revealed so maybe it wasn't scummy, but it just seemed odd to me to blow an ability like that on Day loving One.

I don't disagree there but others have claimed similar abilitie sso who knows what kind of game this is. If NGO had claimed that the janitored flip was part of their ability... heck, I'd probably still be ok with it because the flip being janitored seems like a reasonable drawback for a townie quickhammer ablility. Either way, blowing that ability so early doesn't scream scum to me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's good that you are seeking remedial instruction on how to mafia, flerp, but try not to miss hammers because of it

i actually wasnt going to. i wouldve been around for the deadline, but ngo used their ability when i was working.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

because i dont believe his ability is a town ability and i dont believe he used it for a townie reason

Narrowing this down, could you please elaborate on this very specific point you've made twice now? I'd like to know why.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why is everyone so sassy in this game

Its role madness please chill

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I think bringing up play or mishaps from previous games is tenuous at best, scummy at worst. Gotta read the game you're in, not previous ones. Metaknowedge of a players scum or town game may seem like an advantage but a clever player could also use it against you.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
because i dont feel like the ability is something townie because it feels like something to give edge to scum rather than an edge to town. obv this is a bit speculative, but its the feeling i have. regardless, it felt like ngo used it in such a way that it 1) ensured that the lynch would go the scum's way without any hassle and 2) that it prevented further discussion for the rest of the day. hell most of the time i find that the couple of hours before the deadline are when the most lively discussions occur and preventing that just isnt good for town imho. i believe that both of these things do not come from a town player, or, in other words, that a scum decided to use their ability.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you can't be blamed for missing an early hammer f I was just joking about your tutoring

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Flerp, if that's the case, why do you think RF was town?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Why is everyone so sassy in this game

Its role madness please chill

plz hurry up to the book stores its going to close in a couple of hours :ohdear: . theyve got great deals on reads i promise.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Flerp is rude, kill him

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

Flerp, if that's the case, why do you think RF was town?

im not sure, but i think 1) that the cases on RF were weak and felt like most d1 lynches based on very little aka a crapshoot and 2) that statisically speaking we are more likely to lynch town. death miller seems like something that could be on both sides (not accounting for the possibility to NGO's ability caused it [which if it did and they're lying about it convinces me more that they are scum]) so im putting that up to a null tell. i have no way to know rf is town, obv, but i think its most likely for him to be town.

(i also think on a more meta level to think that RF was town because it puts more pressure to make good reads instead of believing RF was scum and having us be complacement, but thats my personal opinion)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't played with a Janitor before but holy gently caress thats a cool power.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't buy it as one-shot, but again I don't feel ~scum~ off it. I also don't read opop as scum either and frankly we ought to treat him as dead town imo until proven otherwise

This seems weird. Why should we treat him as town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Flerp is rude, kill him

im just trying to get you to play a game of mafia. you signed up for one after all!

• Locked thread