Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ScottyJSno posted:

Otani doesn't deserve bananas. He needs Japanese super food Natto. Eat some of that. My breakfast of choice when I am on the go is rice and natto and raw egg. That my friend will turn most non-Japanese stomachs.

But seriously Tamago kaki Gohan is the bomb.

is Natto Japanese for boogers and Honey Smacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

is Natto Japanese for boogers and Honey Smacks

It's fermented soybeans.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend eats Natto fairly regularly it seems like the kind of thing I would enjoy but the one time I bought it for her and was gonna try it myself the smell was so overwhelming I couldn't do it and I love fermented foods.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Yeah I've had similar experiences with girlfriends

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

10 AM is like the middle of the day on my work days. People on some serious college hours acting like its early morning or post drunk time.

He's probably just an rear end in a top hat who woke up early.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ScottyJSno posted:

Otani doesn't deserve bananas. He needs Japanese super food Natto. Eat some of that. My breakfast of choice when I am on the go is rice and natto and raw egg. That my friend will turn most non-Japanese stomachs.

I actually like natto though

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Well among other things, the Giants aren't run by cheap assholes who immediately decided to gut the payroll the second they came into ownership

Which is why no one wanted to play for the Astros either (apparently Andrew Miller turned down more years/money from Houston to go back to NY)
Andrew Miller turned down the Dodgers too, I read because he wanted to be in the east.

Goodpancakes posted:

good lord are the dodgers going to get Stanton and Ohtani? Because gently caress the Dodgers if thats the case
no

but if they do I'll be a smug prick about it

Intruder posted:

I think I lied in the video when I said I wouldn't eat bananas again if Ohtani agreed to sign

:toxx: I WILL ONCE AGAIN TAKE UP THE BANANA CHALLENGE IF OHTANI IS AN ASTRO IN 2018

Or the pie. I'll let the thread choose
If the Dodgers sign Ohtani I'll drink a beer and give SAS the finger

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:toxx: If the Giants pull it off I will smile and give an excited fist bump

Probably drop an "oh hell yeah."

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Spoeank posted:

:toxx: If the Giants pull it off I will smile and give an excited fist bump

Probably drop an "oh hell yeah."

hell, same

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ScottyJSno posted:

False, Gohan hasn't been good since the Cell Saga

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ScottyJSno posted:

this looks delicious except for the raw egg. I don't think I could handle raw eggs.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
If the Cubs somehow get Otani, I’ll probably won’t believe it until I actually see him in a Cubs uniform. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Raw eggs can be good. One of my favorite cocktails is a Cynar flip. Its just 2.5oz of Cynar (Italian digestif distilled from artichokes) and a whole raw egg, shaken like crazy for as long as possible.

Salmonella is a myth.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Maybe the Cardinals should have Ankiel be part of their pitch to Otani. I’m sure that will work, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rick Ankiel memory #1 for me was watching him try to throw out an Astro at the plate and the ball going high into the netting behind the plate instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

Rick Ankiel memory #1 for me was watching him try to throw out an Astro at the plate and the ball going high into the netting behind the plate instead

Are you sure that wasn't just him pitching?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

tadashi posted:

this looks delicious except for the raw egg. I don't think I could handle raw eggs.

When I was in Japan you could go to any number of fast food-ish places and get a dish of rice, thinly sliced beef or chicken, some veggies and a raw egg that sort of glued it all together when you mixed it in. I would kill for someone to bring that to the US.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Intruder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFkhzpTnVU

Rick Ankiel owned so much.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 30, 2017

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Intruder posted:

For me it's him throwing a perfect strike from 380' in center at Nats Park.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Reminder that Ankiel has an autobiography that is both a tough and good read, “The Phenomenon”.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fast cars loose anus posted:

When I was in Japan you could go to any number of fast food-ish places and get a dish of rice, thinly sliced beef or chicken, some veggies and a raw egg that sort of glued it all together when you mixed it in. I would kill for someone to bring that to the US.

Donburi owns, places in the US do a soft-boiled egg instead of raw, though. There's a place 2 blocks from work that does a killer beef bowl, I get it once a week, at least.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah Donburi is what I was thinking of. The first time we got it they had one of those vending machines where you just put your yen in and get a ticket to hand to your server, and we stood around like tourist idiots until one of the waitresses came up and yelled at us that they had an English menu.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Someone posted this in the funny pictures thread

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Trades!

https://twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/936282585721921546

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/936293482783805440

If this actually happens, contract the Fins.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

And/or the Giants, because that's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
So how long until people start to miss Loria?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wait so they're not even going to take the full contract like first reported? How can nobody else beat that deal :psyduck: Is Stanton really that insistent about going to LA/California?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I feel like that's such a ridiculous trade that the league office would reject it.

Sydin posted:

Is Stanton really that insistent about going to LA/California?

He grew up there and I believe his family is still there, so probably.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rickiep00h posted:

And/or the Giants, because that's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

I dunno what the Giants' money situation is like, but in terms of who they're sending it's a steal. I know they're "top prospects" but that farm is barren as gently caress.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The Giants are sending top men. TOP MEN

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Inspector_666 posted:

I dunno what the Giants' money situation is like

Better than it used to be, since they finally paid off their stadium debt ... last year? Anyway, their owner has a net worth of like $6 billion, they can do whatever they want.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Marlins are willing to eat 45 million of that contract? good god

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also lol the giants are going to go all in on this lovely team and pay out the rear end to win 76 games.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also lol the giants are going to go all in on this lovely team and pay out the rear end to win 76 games.

Actually, it's going to be amazing when they manage to lose 100 games even after getting Stanton

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

I dunno what the Giants' money situation is like, but in terms of who they're sending it's a steal. I know they're "top prospects" but that farm is barren as gently caress.

Second highest payroll in baseball behind the Dodgers. They're already on the cusp of the luxury tax and eating ~$250m of Stanton's salary is going to catapult them over it.

The Giants are paying a lot of old, bad players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Giants are going to get Stanton ans Ohtani and they will be best friends and usher in 2018 and 2020 even year bullshits

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Marlins are going to trade the NL MVP and Dee Gordon for pocket change, this is ridiculous

e: Oh Stanton alone :downs: BUT STILL

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 30, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves send Jim Johnson and international pool money (they had any?) to the Angels for some guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel like every team in MLB should be making an offer on stanton if the asking price is that low

• Locked thread