Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I was looking forward to seeing Lio on 205 Live, one of the few competent hours of WWE I get to watch every week

"As of this morning, Lio Rush has not been released by World Wrestling Entertainment, http://pwinsider.com has confirmed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well so much for “he’ll be back”, if he’s throwing a fit to get cut like it appears he is. Regal made a mistake

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well so much for “he’ll be back”, if he’s throwing a fit to get cut like it appears he is. Regal made a mistake

I don't know that he is throwing a fit.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I guess the other option is that he’s been cut on a delay and he’s just jumped the gun before it’s official?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Did anything happen besides him changing his Twitter profile?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Basic Chunnel posted:

He could also be trying to improve his social media by going back to square one, kind of funny to see how he and Djack have been diverging in how they do social media.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
got presale tickets for the Atlanta taping! spent an arm and a leg to change my flight because I'm a huge loving idiot but the tickets themselves were only $40, and I've done far worse in the name of wrestling

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Got floor seats for Takeover Philadelphia, cheaper than worse seats my uncle bought for the other three shows

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lio was just looking for attention. The story has passed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lio back on Live Events:

https://twitter.com/MorGunShow/status/936394121392087040

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

Lol he’s a year older than Velveteen Dream

holy poo poo i hadn't thought of this lmao

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Jay Lethal was a real young talent, then went to TNA and then afterwards he was 28?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

abraham linksys posted:

got presale tickets for the Atlanta taping! spent an arm and a leg to change my flight because I'm a huge loving idiot but the tickets themselves were only $40, and I've done far worse in the name of wrestling

Thanks for this, I went ahead and got some tickets for the 1/4 taping. Presale code is NXTLIVE if anyone else needs it

Abraham hit me up if you want a beer or something, Ill be the overweight white dude in a black wrestling tshirt.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

fwiw Takeover Philly is also up on the Wells Fargo center site under Promotions with NXTLIVE as the code. In case anyone was considering getting tix before tomorrow.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
NXT Pittsburgh was fun even though Johnny Gargano wasn't there (no Kassius either) also it was kind of lame seeing Aleister Black sell offense for Gunner.

Main was really good though (Three Way between Adam Cole vs Roddy vs Almas) Britt Baker was in the front row with this older promoter guy and this teenager in a Heidi Lovelace shirt who Ruby Riott must have known since she hugged both of them.

The card was
Street Profits (dressed as Antonio Brown and Levon Bell) vs Riddick Moss and Tino
Lars vs No Way Jose
Ruby vs Bianca Belair
Sanity vs TUE for the tag title belts
Intermission
Black vs Gunner
Sonya vs Ember Moon for the Women's title
Almas vs Roddy vs Cole for the NXT title

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

On the one hand, Montez Ford... on the other hand, the man who basically put Hideo on ice permanently

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jessie Elaban made her in ring debut tonight in Florida:

https://twitter.com/Jess10YES_/status/936441352715464704

Jessie was a fitness and beach volleyball athlete as well as a yoga teacher.

Every female at the PC has debuted now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tino will probably be overpushed really fast with his physique but he's pretty spry and quick, sorta reminds me of Jason Jordan back when he was a jobber. You just hope that with the last two years he's become safer as he's become more assured in the way he moves

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gotta do something about that hair, though

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I had a friend at the Pittsburgh show, and their kid was disappointed because apparently Kairi wasn't there. She wasn't at the Lakeland show either. Guess she's taking some time off of the road.

e: She did have fun seeing Ember though!

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 1, 2017

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

NXT Pittsburgh was fun even though Johnny Gargano wasn't there (no Kassius either) also it was kind of lame seeing Aleister Black sell offense for Gunner.

Main was really good though (Three Way between Adam Cole vs Roddy vs Almas) Britt Baker was in the front row with this older promoter guy and this teenager in a Heidi Lovelace shirt who Ruby Riott must have known since she hugged both of them.

The card was
Street Profits (dressed as Antonio Brown and Levon Bell) vs Riddick Moss and Tino
Lars vs No Way Jose
Ruby vs Bianca Belair
Sanity vs TUE for the tag title belts
Intermission
Black vs Gunner
Sonya vs Ember Moon for the Women's title
Almas vs Roddy vs Cole for the NXT title

I was also there and that main event was amazing. Roddy is a beast. The beginning part of the match was Cole and Almas teaming up against him, and Roddy was busting out crazy moves and keeping up with both of those guys.

Black vs Gunner was the only match I wasn't digging at all. Black is crazy impressive for his size, but Gunner is blandness personified.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/936610986450092033

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Interesting that Cole and Black are facing off in the qualifier considering that they are the top two contenders right now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Huh that’s weird TAPING SPOILERS Johnny Gags won the 4-way at the taping. Card subject to change or are they being tricky? If the former why not redo the announcement?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Like there is a spoiler thread guys.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you are an old school NXT fan:

https://twitter.com/ShaulLaGuerra/status/936507678892883973

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT will be airing on USA Network on Wednesday December 13th. It's almost certainly a one off thing, but still neat to see regardless.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

NXT will be airing on USA Network on Wednesday December 13th. It's almost certainly a one off thing, but still neat to see regardless.

I scared that it gets picked up. Meaning Vince and Dunn input.

And yeah I know NXT is like the anchor weekly show for the Network but I am still panicking.

Hope they fill the hour with Sonya Deville matches and main evented by Angelo Dawkins vs Tucker Knight.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bianca did a Facebook Q&A. Big fan of her charisma:
https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1531916963524529/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Indie dream match

https://twitter.com/PartyChan/status/936796352532561920

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish they'd just give Hero the old Regal role of NXT of being final-boss. I don't expect Hero to make it out of NXT anymore but he definitely has plenty to teach the guys still in NXT.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is this a sign of dunne being quietly assimilated to a full time deal, kinda like how gargano etc were?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

imagine not filming that match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is this a sign of dunne being quietly assimilated to a full time deal, kinda like how gargano etc were?

I doubt it. They want the UK guys for the UK show WWE supposedly have.

I do know the key UK guys got a big increase in pay in their contract renewal. Double of previous.

The WWE UK guys have a lot heat/resentment towards them as they are management favourites. For example, they were allowed to do "main event stuff" at the tapings this week like powerbomb each other on the ring steps. In general, they seem to have a lot more latitude in their matches than NXT or 205ers.

Factor in all the indie merch orders they have. How in demand they are on the indies - UK indies are doing more and more weekday shows. I imagine they are taking home a lot of money. And they don't have to go the PC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The UK guys should get the freedom to do whatever the hell they want because every match involving any of them is loving awesome. I just wish they were utilized more often.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

The UK guys should get the freedom to do whatever the hell they want because every match involving any of them is loving awesome. I just wish they were utilized more often.

"Heat" is pretty dumb. Not like the UK guys are going to tell management no and "well actually can we have a 205 chinlock match instead". Neither is their push a Jinder situation.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Remember when their deals were going to kill their careers and also the UK indie scene writ large

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Remember when their deals were going to kill their careers and also the UK indie scene writ large

I thought the argument was that WWE was looking to prevent a big UK-wide promotion/television program getting off the ground (World of Sports?) by offering small but guaranteed money to UK indy wrestlers so they could still wrestle the indies but not on any non-WWE television in the UK?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

They did that on their galway show for OTT Wrestlecon. Great match, unsurprisingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

I thought the argument was that WWE was looking to prevent a big UK-wide promotion/television program getting off the ground (World of Sports?) by offering small but guaranteed money to UK indy wrestlers so they could still wrestle the indies but not on any non-WWE television in the UK?

There was also the fear that Progress\whoever would be unable to book long term with them, which would be damaging.

• Locked thread